BBC cutting F1 coverage (1 Viewer)

skybluejelly

I see the bbc are finishing there f1 rights 3 years early , with channel 4 taking over instead...could this be the beginning of the end for other sports as well , was amazed to see the average viewing figures for premier rugby was only 150,000 why do TVs channels pay so much for the rights with so few viewers ... Personally quite glad the licence fee is being spent elsewhere

AngryAnt

F1 coverage on the BBC has been destroyed ever since they 'allowed' Sky to jointly cover with them. Its been heading this way for a while which is sad as Canada 2011 averaged 5.2milion over four hours. After they handed sky the coverage those numbers just dropped out of the floor.
Sky took all the best men for the job (rightly so) and left the BBC with pretty much nothing in terms of the coverage it shows.

All of this down to the BBC sport's head thinking people watch catchup rather than live events.

I'm glad Chan 4 have the coverage, they've been after it for years, but I hope they manage to get it with a new concord agreement meaning they can show all of the races live and not just 10 a year.

James Smith

F1 coverage on the BBC has been destroyed ever since they 'allowed' Sky to jointly cover with them. Its been heading this way for a while which is sad as Canada 2011 averaged 5.2milion over four hours. After they handed sky the coverage those numbers just dropped out of the floor.
Sky took all the best men for the job (rightly so) and left the BBC with pretty much nothing in terms of the coverage it shows.

All of this down to the BBC sport's head thinking people watch catchup rather than live events.

I'm glad Chan 4 have the coverage, they've been after it for years, but I hope they manage to get it with a new concord agreement meaning they can show all of the races live and not just 10 a year.

I'm sorry but DC & EJ are bloody entertaining to watch. DC has the knowledge from driving an F1 car and EJ of being team principal. I hope C4 pick them up.

fernandopartridge

Good. License fee payers money shouldn't be wasted showing such a dreadful sport, especially one where the main players in it contribute fuck all towards state funds.

AngryAnt

I'm sorry but DC & EJ are bloody entertaining to watch. DC has the knowledge from driving an F1 car and EJ of being team principal. I hope C4 pick them up.

Anytime I've ever seen them, they seem to be forcing the lines. They might have one or two good things to say but compared to Brundle & Crofty they may aswell be talking about go karts.
I'd really wanted to like EJ aswell.

plus that Ben Edwards is insanely bad, he misses loads of things.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Can't say I'm that bothered really. I used to be an F1 nut- wouldn't miss a race, got up at silly O'clock to watch the live races from around the world, but since the BBC "shared" the rights with Sky, it's gone downhill in my opinion. If I miss a race these days, I can't even be arsed to look for the results.

Terry Gibson's perm

It has gone down hill as nobody really a races it's all about strategy, the danger has gone. Also it has an awful leader who has spawned a disgusting bunch of money spending air thieves.

Users who are viewing this thread