Beavon (2 Viewers)

fatso

That is a disgrace
I disagree, you’ve got to be a bloody good player to go 23 games at the levels we’ve been at and not score a goal. Sooner or later the ball is bound to ricochet off your head or arse and fly into the net.
I recon he could be world class at dodge ball!

stevefloyd

The basic requirement for being a professional footballer is the ability to control the ball take that away from Beavon and whats left?

dongonzalos

Beavon is another player we have who works incredibly hard and would be a great asset playing alongside a good finisher.
We have too many of the second striker type, the foil, however we don’t have the right partner for them.

Otis

So let's not beat about the bush here. What you are saying it's that we need another striker.

Warwickhunt

The basic requirement for being a professional footballer is the ability to control the ball take that away from Beavon and whats left?
If the rest of the team had Beavon ball control we would be in a better position than we are today. Some of our players could not trap a medicine ball

mechaishida

Is he really THAT bad, lads?

Haven't seen him play, so I guess a few of my posts lauding his teamwork and intelligence were ill-fucking-founded.

Otis

Is he really THAT bad, lads?

Haven't seen him play, so I guess a few of my posts lauding his teamwork and intelligence were ill-fucking-founded.
Bottom line is he's a striker and he's not scoring. No-one would mind if he could chip in with a few, but he's not scoring at all.

Irish Sky Blue

I can’t remember him having any gilt edge chances to miss. He could be criticised for not getting into positions to score but we have not made it easy for him in the way that we play. In the first few games he was trying to win balls in the air against 6 foot 6 centre halves, that was never going to work. However, there have been games this season where his value can be seen; Cambridge, Crewe and last week against Crawley for example. In all of these games, playing in positions that suit him and receiving balls that he can do something with he has been able to show why he has had a career as a footballer. Having said all of this he is the wrong side of 30 and has never been a prolific goal scorer. Is he therefore what we want and need at the moment? Possibly not. That doesn’t mean he deserves the stick he takes on here at the moment. Every time he pulls on a City shirt he runs his socks off. That’s a minimum requirement I know but can you say that about every player? Probably not.

Terry Gibson's perm

He isn't good enough and doesn't get in the correct position to have an effort at goal he is outside the box far too often when the ball goes in there

CCFC54321

Cripes! Can’t wait to see a thread on Vincenti if Beavens getting this amount of stick for ‘just working hard!’

mechaishida

He was never likely to come here and suddenly start cracking them in, since his overall goals to games ratio is a percentage I can't work out, but it's pretty low.

Think Julian Darby got more per game than Beavon. Ouch.

Grendel

Let’s be honest who brought him to the club? Yes Russell slade. A guy who made it up as he goes along.

Slade made Stephen Preslley look like Alex Ferguson.

Robins offered him a better contract to stay.

Users who are viewing this thread