Bell was shocking (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Worst player in a Sky Blue shirt (apart from ROD) yesterday. Swans around looking way too casual and does not look interested. Although he does have talent, he needs a serious kick up the backside and told to sort his ideas out. It's a sad reflection on our lack of midfield options that he is an automatic choice every game irrespective of how he plays.

ccfc luke

Absolutely shocking player. Id take Bigi, Thomas, Clingan, Cranie, McShefferey, Deegan over him in midfield anyday of the week.

skyblue_rich

Bell, baker and rod are not gd enough to play for Coventry ever again. The fact that two of them have just signed new 3 year contracts is a disgrace

J

Jack Griffin

We are not shopping at Harrods mate, not even Debenhams, it is pound shop value was are after till such at time as we get the cheque we've been promised.

Otis

Thought Bell was no worse than anyone else on the pitch. Admittedly he did pretty much nothing all game, but I have seen worse from him. Just don't think he is creative enough to play that role at the tip of the diamond.

And remember, a diamond is forever and David Bell is only for another 3 years.

stupot07

Bell wasn't that bad, i fact he set the precedent for our high pressing game in the first half by making a few tackles and fouls.

slyblue57

I think some of you Bell haters should take a dispassionate view occasionally. Bell was ok yesterday he was ok at Leeds
not brilliant, not great but he was ok, better than some worse than some give the guy some credit. Baker is a far worse player,
can nt cross can nt tackle, runs the ball out of play 9 times out of 10, occasionally plays a good ball. no football brain.

brinner

shame we dont have more strength in depth then we may not have players like bell resting on their laurels more often than not.

competition for places is something we currently do not have in the midfield department unfortunately.

Otis

Or any other department. In fact, if we were a department store we would only have the one floor.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Yes, I did thanks, Parsons.

I do think Bell is a talented footballer (unlike the likes of ROD) and has ability which he displays fitfully throughout a season.
I think he could do a very good job for us, it just seems to me that he lacks motivation. I appreciate others may feel differently and football is all about opinions but mine is that he has the potential to do better than he currently is.

Otis

I thought he started off well enough but then faded out of the game.

As i said previously, he was no worse than anyone else on the pitch.

Yes, I did thanks, Parsons.

I do think Bell is a talented footballer (unlike the likes of ROD) and has ability which he displays fitfully throughout a season.
I think he could do a very good job for us, it just seems to me that he lacks motivation. I appreciate others may feel differently and football is all about opinions but mine is that he has the potential to do better than he currently is.

You are entitled to your opinion and thats what these forums are all about but "Bell was shocking" is a bit harsh if you ask me.

torchomatic

Sub

i think the problem is the team is average at best and if anyone drops below average we have nobody who can step up to cover for that player(s)who is having a poor game, therefore making the player(s) look totally awful when normally they would get away with it:thinking about: the only problem is we seem to have 2-3 awful players a game :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Grendel

The problem with Bell is that expectation exceeds reality. As a young player at Luton there was a belief he would develop to a higher level. He hasn't - he is just mediocre and he achieves that level often.

Bell is not what we need at the tip of the diamond. Simple aS that. How many shots did he have? How many times did he cause a threat? I don't know what he done really apart from some nice passes but with his position at the tip he should be a goal threat

Otis

Bell is not what we need at the tip of the diamond. Simple aS that. How many shots did he have? How many times did he cause a threat? I don't know what he done really apart from some nice passes but with his position at the tip he should be a goal threat

That's spot on. At least with Baker or Sheff they offer some kind of goal threat. Bell is not suited to this role.

Users who are viewing this thread