Ben Stevenson (1 Viewer)

ladywoodskyblue

To add to the bad news today I have found out that Ben Stevenson will be leaving (not sure who to ) for a figure of around £2 mil

stupot07

Hardly a surprise if he does. Hes a class above league one and thr only player of true quality or value.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Hardly a surprise if he does. Hes a class above league one and thr only player of true quality or value.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Well, as much as I hate to say it, we should snap their hands off.

Will any of the money go forwards bringing players in mind?

Sky Blue Harry H

Need him for the future - but £2M seems a lot - TF will definitely grab that if he can get it.

ladywoodskyblue

Heard it from a current academy players family member seems pretty sure on it . I would agree that it's a decent price , but it's only gonna plug losses / go in sisus back pocket so all irrelevant really

chiefdave

Heard it from a current academy players family member seems pretty sure on it
They would definitely be the first to know o_O

It doesn't take much working out that someone will be sold given the chairman said it on the radio a few days ago. If you then look at who we've got who would get a fee there's not a huge number of options.

Captain Dart

I've seen Wigan & Rotherham mentioned too.

Confusing isn't it.

robbiekeane

Heard it from a current academy players family member seems pretty sure on it . I would agree that it's a decent price , but it's only gonna plug losses / go in sisus back pocket so all irrelevant really
Not when it goes in Seppalas back pocket
Now I know this might make your head hurt a little but hear me our.

Our model is to run at breakeven now whatever the impact.

So getting £1.5m for Stevenson in Jan and the budget not changing, versus not selling anyone in Jan and the budget being slashed by £1.5m over a hear or two...is that money going into, what did you say, seppalas pocket??

Otis

So getting £1.5m for Stevenson in Jan and the budget not changing, versus not selling anyone in Jan and the budget being slashed by £1.5m over a hear or two...is that money going into, what did you say, seppalas pocket??
Yup. Any money in will be to cover any shortfall and the gates have been dropping substantially.

Chipfat

Supposedly fee is rising to a million and Brighton are one of the club's interested. 2 or 3 other championship clubs sniffing round.

christonabike

No surprise there then. What I dont get is CCFC are in an entertainment business at the end of the day and if the quality on the pitch is pure shyte why can you expects fans to continue year after year to shell out?
Yes we need to sell I get that but for the last 10 years we sell players and get freebies or loan players who play well and move on. Fook sake lets hope for once we let Slade buy hungry fookers willing to graft and not just bring another poor inexperienced lad from the academy. Its not fair on them to be expected to compete with seasoned big bastids and fans to watch a constant decline.

Cavan O'Doherty

Who cares. It's not going on the pitch either way

Hobo

If only we had the philosophy to sell one to fund two and some into the bank.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Mr FIsher told us we were £1 Million to the good(he do not tell lies does he?) if so with said money , the money saved on loannes going back plus money not spent in the summer that should be more than enough in this division to do some dealing without selling your best asset at a time when he is only raw potential not liable to raise more than £1 mill where as even at the end of the season value would probably have doubled after all surely that is worth the wait., 2nd from bottom we need all the talent on the field we can muster . Grow some balls and keep him

Tonylinc

Mr FIsher told us we were £1 Million to the good(he do not tell lies does he?) if so with said money , the money saved on loannes going back plus money not spent in the summer that should be more than enough in this division to do some dealing without selling your best asset at a time when he is only raw potential not liable to raise more than £1 mill where as even at the end of the season value would probably have doubled after all surely that is worth the wait., 2nd from bottom we need all the talent on the field we can muster . Grow some balls and keep him
That's what I don't get either.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

To add to the bad news today I have found out that Ben Stevenson will be leaving (not sure who to ) for a figure of around £2 mil
Fisher & Co Selling Ben Stevenson, and that's before they know how many season ticket sales for next season !

blueflint

you'll upset nick and grendel with that talk

chiefdave

Mr FIsher told us we were £1 Million to the good(he do not tell lies does he?)
Think that was £1m before tax and interest so doesn't mean at the end of the financial year there will be £1m left over. And even if there is a profit after tax and interest you need the cashflow to be such that it can be spent in January.

Anyone expecting Slade to be handed £1m to spend is going to be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread