Ben Wilson the king of shithouseary (1 Viewer)

Stafford_SkBlue

I think on Wednesday more time was added on then wasted, so you cant fool these premier league referees / officials. There is a difference between slowing the game down and silly time wasting, it does not pay when you see 8 mins added on for a few subs and one injury break and Ben's antics

Robinshio

I think on Wednesday more time was added on then wasted, so you cant fool these premier league referees / officials. There is a difference between slowing the game down and silly time wasting, it does not pay when you see 8 mins added on for a few subs and one injury break and Ben's antics
it is fairly normal in the play offs
I think i saw last year, that if you had a bet on 8+minutes of stoppage time in every play off game, you would be significantly in profit

Boosh

The losers on here who slated Akpom, Diallo and Morris for being cheats need to look a bit closer to home

jordan210

The losers on here who slated Akpom, Diallo and Morris for being cheats need to look a bit closer to home

Wilsons is to waste time. Not to win cheap free kicks or drive and then try and get a player booked. Two different levels imo

Reactions: KAB

jordan210

Not at all. It’s blatant cheating

Time wasting is one form of "cheating" but on a low level. it's done by all teams and players . Diving and waving imaginary cards is diffrent.

Ref adds on extra time for time waisting. If you dive you gain an instant advantage

Reactions: KAB

Boosh

Time wasting is one form of "cheating" but on a low level. it's done by all teams and players . Diving and waving imaginary cards is diffrent.

Ref adds on extra time for time waisting. If you dive you gain an instant advantage

Don’t agree I’m afraid, it’s cheating. If Akpom had hit the floor pretending to have been kicked in the head, this whole forum would’ve gone up in flames

Ccfcisparks

Quite embarrassing really.

Despite this he has been a revelation this year. Would not use him in the Prem if he gets there, but will be eternally grateful for this season.

Grendel

Mcsheffrey made a profession of diving. If someone touched Doyle he went down like a sniper had hit him

fatso

Fuckng embarrassing antics from Wilson. When they showed the replay and nothing touched him, it was a fucking disgrace, we don't need that nonsense at CCFC.

We'd be up in arms if another team did that.
I'm sure the ref just added another 4 minutes on for it, so it helps nobody.

djr8369

I’m all for officials adding the correct amount of added time. Served us well last season but championship refs seem to have completely forgotten the directive this season and we’ve been victim to daft time wasting again and again.

The other frustrating aspect is Wilson gets booked for it quickly but opposition keepers rarely seem to.

Robinshio

Fuckng embarrassing antics from Wilson. When they showed the replay and nothing touched him, it was a fucking disgrace, we don't need that nonsense at CCFC.

We'd be up in arms if another team did that.
I'm sure the ref just added another 4 minutes on for it, so it helps nobody.
it is not just the time - how much energy do the opposition waste getting angry
Fairplay Ben, lets see more of it at Wembley
I’m all for officials adding the correct amount of added time. Served us well last season but championship refs seem to have completely forgotten the directive this season and we’ve been victim to daft time wasting again and again.

The other frustrating aspect is Wilson gets booked for it quickly but opposition keepers rarely seem to.
he didnt really get booked quickly - 85th Minute?, and i dont remember a keeper ever being sent off for continuing to do it

larry_david

Watching Posh/Owls last night. Will Norris was doing the same time wasting antics, falling down when he had a simple catch, sorting his shin pads out when getting up, adjusting his shorts.

It's happened for years and usually the team on the receiving end don't get the time back so it does work. Of course, Sheff Wed equalised in the 98th Min yesterday so Norris got his karma, and if Boro had equalised against us in that corner on 98th min, i'd say 95% of the forum would be gunning for WIlson

djr8369

it is not just the time - how much energy do the opposition waste getting angry
Fairplay Ben, lets see more of it at Wembley

he didnt really get booked quickly - 85th Minute?, and i dont remember a keeper ever being sent off for continuing to do it
Not specific to the other night but he seems to have been booked pretty quickly in some games this season. As much as we all laugh about it he’s too obvious about it. Maybe the real tactic is to annoy the opposition rather than waste time, which is fine.

shmmeee

Not specific to the other night but he seems to have been booked pretty quickly in some games this season. As much as we all laugh about it he’s too obvious about it. Maybe the real tactic is to annoy the opposition rather than waste time, which is fine.

He’s come nowhere near a suspension though so obviously knows the line to tread.

Travs

It isn't nice to see.

I don't like it from any team.

Personally i think the whole method of penalising misdemeanours in football is arse-about-face.

Mistime a tackle by a tenth of a second and you're looking at possibly a red card for dangerous play. But blatantly dive/cheat/pull someone back on a dangerous counter-attack, and its a yellow max and everybody calls it "great game management".

Its a stain on the game whoever does it.

The pundits and commentators won't ever call it out.

I personally think any deliberate attempt at cheating should be a "professional foul" and penalised accordingly... it would be chaos for a season, but might see things improve after that.

Happy_Martian

Firstly, Wilson's head was not touched by any part of Forss. The Boro player ran into his lower back.

And regarding the time added, remember back to this last World Cup. The refs were told to add on the correct amount of minutes used for time wasting and I'm pretty sure the instruction was passed down to the Leagues.

Ben has increased his time wasting or rolling over feigning injury as the season has progressed. Once or twice in a game is frustrating but is against the spirit of the game. When he does it six or seven times in a game, it crosses the unacceptable line in my eyes. And everyone can shout that other players do it but two wrongs don't make a right.

He has a negative reputation now in the Championship and the PL has VAR so he's going to have to be careful next season, wherever we land.

shmmeee

Whatever. There’s no benefit to us to disadvantage ourselves. FIFA/The FA clearly don’t give a shit as it’s been happening for decades with no action. If you don’t like it, and I don’t, take it up with the authorities. Because I’ve seen that done to us and worse over and over this season. You can only look to the refs for guidance on what’s acceptable and clearly this is.

larry_david

Yeah it's not aimed and Ben himself, it's everything and I wish the commentators would start calling it out. Imagine if they'd played the replay of the clash/injury on the Boro home screen. It would have started a riot in the Boro stands. It has to be clamped, down, it's utterly embarassing and I was shouting at Wilson to get up and get on with it because my nerves were shred

Nick

Administrator
Firstly, Wilson's head was not touched by any part of Forss. The Boro player ran into his lower back.

And regarding the time added, remember back to this last World Cup. The refs were told to add on the correct amount of minutes used for time wasting and I'm pretty sure the instruction was passed down to the Leagues.

Ben has increased his time wasting or rolling over feigning injury as the season has progressed. Once or twice in a game is frustrating but is against the spirit of the game. When he does it six or seven times in a game, it crosses the unacceptable line in my eyes. And everyone can shout that other players do it but two wrongs don't make a right.

He has a negative reputation now in the Championship and the PL has VAR so he's going to have to be careful next season, wherever we land.

The issue is the inconsistency. If it was done for every game like it was the World Cup then fair enough.

You can't just apply it for some games but not others.

shmmeee

Players at professional clubs are told to go down if they feel any contact because more often than not you will win a free kick.

And that’s the players prerogative, but officials needs to find a way to counter it. We’re on the verge of a non contact sport and that’s ridiculous.

procdoc

And that’s the players prerogative, but officials needs to find a way to counter it. We’re on the verge of a non contact sport and that’s ridiculous.
An ex cov forward who played briefly for my old Sunday league team used to tell the lads to go down as soon as they feel any contact, he played youth football in France and he said the coaches taught them to do it.
He said you might look big and strong staying on your feet but you won’t win free kicks in good areas by proving how strong you are!

shmmeee

An ex cov forward who played briefly for my old Sunday league team used to tell the lads to go down as soon as they feel any contact, he played youth football in France and he said the coaches taught them to do it.
He said you might look big and strong staying on your feet but you won’t win free kicks in good areas by proving how strong you are!

Never thought Max was like that!

Users who are viewing this thread