Ben Wilson (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Right so can you point out where I say burge is better? Because I literally say the exact opposite. Fucking weirdo.

But that’s what you do. You try and read a room. There a spreadsheet so large of this where a guy is shit, a week later he’s great, then he’s shit again depending on tbe room. You said Wilson was worse than Marosi in league 1 and “god help us”

As for stalking you started two threads about me and they didn’t go as planned did they?

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

Skybluedownunder

Yeah, desperate for a Championship standard goalkeeper, not a clown or a guy who has made his career as a number 2.

A No.2 at low league clubs too and I’m talking about Wilson. Before us he had played a handful of professional matches and had a howler against us for Bradford
ba743a04ea6a78f51c75a786a61436d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skybluedownunder

Their ten a penny apparently, strange we can't find one.

Ben Foster would have been a better option had we of put an offer in before he retired as he said he wanted to play just close to his home.

From looking at Transfermarkt it shows realistically only Lee Camp and Kieran Westwood who are half good.

I’d take Westwood over Wilson any day but I read somewhere a while ago he can upset dressing rooms a bit

Brighton Sky Blue

Ben Foster would have been a better option had we of put an offer in before he retired as he said he wanted to play just close to his home.

From looking at Transfermarkt it shows realistically only Lee Camp and Kieran Westwood who are half good.

I’d take Westwood over Wilson any day but I read somewhere a while ago he can upset dressing rooms a bit

Westwood did have quite a few moments of madness when he was last at this level. Foster would have been ideal, pity really.

fernandopartridge

We've conceded 3 in 7 and you'd argue that he's played a part in all of them, get him out of the team

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

No matter your view on Wilson, the bigger deciding factor is Moore.

He’s shown he’s absolutely capable of being a good Championship keeper, and it’s still not clear what went wrong.

However, if his confidence is shot putting him back into the team will be a bad idea for him and us.

How we/he re-builds his confidence without playing I have no idea. Chicken and egg situ (and I hate that phase).

Reactions: AOM

CCFC54321

One things for certain we will be in the market for a new keeper next may (or two).

Both give me heart fluctuations. Not good for me watching either of them I’m afraid.

rob9872

The first on Tuesday was 3 mistakes:

1 we gave the ball away
2 we didn't bring the player down and take an obvious yellow in midfield
3 Dabo was out thought and out paced

But let's blame Wilson on positioning because he's kept more clean sheets in recent games than any other city keeper. 'Yeah but he's been lucky (good!) Took lots out with handling, time wasting when required and being in the right spot.

The second goal was offside and he'd stopped the first effort 1 on 1.

Some of the agendas on here from pound shop Sunday league keepers who think they know better are atrocious. Do you really believe Robins and his staff would risk their futures and put reputations on the line if they didn't believe he was up to it in the spot we were in a few games back? Stop bed wetting, Wilson is fine. He'll make mistakes they all do, but he's perfectly adequate and we simply need to score more often and I mean as a team not individuals.

Fwiw he's 30. Not old at all for a keeper. Yes been a no2 a long time, but here at only 27 and only just played 100 career games. Still improving imo, certainly better since he arrived and not peaked yet with 5+ years left in him.

Skybluedownunder

The first on Tuesday was 3 mistakes:

1 we gave the ball away
2 we didn't bring the player down and take an obvious yellow in midfield
3 Dabo was out thought and out paced

But let's blame Wilson on positioning because he's kept more clean sheets in recent games than any other city keeper. 'Yeah but he's been lucky (good!) Took lots out with handling, time wasting when required and being in the right spot.

The second goal was offside and he'd stopped the first effort 1 on 1.

Some of the agendas on here from pound shop Sunday league keepers who think they know better are atrocious. Do you really believe Robins and his staff would risk their futures and put reputations on the line if they didn't believe he was up to it in the spot we were in a few games back? Stop bed wetting, Wilson is fine. He'll make mistakes they all do, but he's perfectly adequate and we simply need to score more often and I mean as a team not individuals.

Fwiw he's 30. Not old at all for a keeper. Yes been a no2 a long time, but here at only 27 and only just played 100 career games. Still improving imo, certainly better since he arrived and not peaked yet with 5+ years left in him.

Let’s hope those 5+ years left in him are not here Thankyou very much

mds

Wilsons position was shocking no doubt, but any one of four players could have attempted something to stop the ball being played.

Rose caught in no mans land, a right sided CB caught in the left side of the oppositions half, no attempt to stop the ball being played or close down or track the player making the run who he is looking straight at, he can see and knows way before Dabo what the scorer is doing and makes no attempt. Watch the highlights at 16s, rose is on the centre spot looking at the ball player, Dabo and the scorer, he could see the run coming, had five yards on Dabo and could more than likely have stopped that goal being scored.
Its all what ifs and hindsight.

Moore is a championship standard keeper and will come good again
The same Moore that played more first team games last season than in the previous 8 seasons, they are both as bad as each other!

Tommo1993

People clearly have their favourites. Neither have outstanding qualities imo. Along with quite a few of our squad, I’d replace them.

Users who are viewing this thread