Best And Worst Of 2015 ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

The best of 2015 for me is the progress being made under Tony Mowbray,and the fine form of his talented squad.The worst away from football is the evil menace of ISIS and their barbarity shown in the Paris killings.

Terry Gibson's perm

Best Blatter and Platini have finally been sorted.
Waggott has left the building.

worst

The Middleton family they are oxygen thieves

Malaka

Best, Black Sabbath announcing a world tour
Worst, the drowned refugee children

LastGarrison

Best

Had the chance to visit a few countries that I had never visited before but the two standouts were by far Nepal and Lebanon.

Worst

On a personal front his year has just had such a shit, shit feel. I have had friends dealing with all sorts of crap and cancer has reared its big fat ugly bulbous head on more than one occasion and I for one can't wait for it to end and 2016 to begin.

Otis

Best

Had the chance to visit a few countries that I had never visited before but the two standouts were by far Nepal and Lebanon.

Worst

On a personal front his year has just had such a shit, shit feel. I have had friends dealing with all sorts of crap and cancer has reared its big fat ugly bulbous head on more than one occasion and I for one can't wait for it to end and 2016 to begin.
Hope 2016 proves better for you.

We've had a poor 2015 too.

mechaishida

Best: The turnaround of my beloved club is up there near the top. The usual family blessings are abound, since my wife and me only have my mum around for love and support. We struggle, sometimes a lot, but we know we're fortunate when compared with so many unfortunate families.

Worst: Finding out my 1 and a half year old girl is likely to have some form of Autism. Seems borderline to me, but won't know till she has tests. This is probably due to the fact my wife's GP said it was ok to carry on taking anti-depressant medication during pregnancy; certain anti-depressants can cause Autism, so I've read.

Otis

Best: The turnaround of my beloved club is up there near the top. The usual family blessings are abound, since my wife and me only have my mum around for love and support. We struggle, sometimes a lot, but we know we're fortunate when compared with so many unfortunate families.

Worst: Finding out my 1 and a half year old girl is likely to have some form of Autism. Seems borderline to me, but won't know till she has tests. This is probably due to the fact my wife's GP said it was ok to carry on taking anti-depressant medication during pregnancy; certain anti-depressants can cause Autism, so I've read.
Hope 2016 is better for you too. One of my daughter's friends is autistic. Think it's all to do with where they are on the spectrum isn't it?

Good luck. Hope everything all works out well for you and your family.

mechaishida

Hope 2016 is better for you too. One of my daughter's friends is autistic. Think it's all to do with where they are on the spectrum isn't it?

Good luck. Hope everything all works out well for you and your family.

Yeah, absolutely, it's just that feeling of helplessness, that you can't make it right for them. She seems happy enough though, in her own little way.

Thanks anyway, mate, hope 2016 is kinder to you and your family.

Otis

Just loads of little things our end to be honest. Nothing major. Loads paid out for burst boilers and electricians and plumbers and car repairs and my missus's pay has dropped by 75% and my daughter was earning lots of money, but next to nothing this year and then she broke her arm and then my 85 yr old dad fell down the stairs , top to bottom, though he's okay now.

Lots of little things really. I'm grateful. There's people in a much worse state than us for sure. When you hear of cancer and deaths etc. then it's a completely different ball game. :(

My best friend was diagnosed with cancer and then his 15yr old daughter was sexually assaulted by a middle aged bloke outside a club, so that has been a terrible year for him. :(

Hope everyone's 2016 is a happy and healthy one.

mechaishida

Just loads of little things our end to be honest. Nothing major. Loads paid out for burst boilers and electricians and plumbers and car repairs and my missus's pay has dropped by 75% and my daughter was earning lots of money, but next to nothing this year and then she broke her arm and then my 85 yr old dad fell down the stairs , top to bottom, though he's okay now.

Lots of little things really. I'm grateful. There's people in a much worse state than us for sure. When you hear of cancer and deaths etc. then it's a completely different ball game. :(

My best friend was diagnosed with cancer and then his 15yr old daughter was sexually assaulted by a middle aged bloke outside a club, so that has been a terrible year for him. :(

Hope everyone's 2016 is a happy and healthy one.

Aye, it's either plenty of niggly, expensive things or a couple of whoppers to wreck the year...such is the shit sandwich of life, isn't it?

Between the shit, the tragedies and the injustices, we all have to find our own way through. Sometimes, it's a dark tunnel with no exit, but then sometimes the light appears at the end of it. Sometimes trivial stuff can ignite depression, I find.

This is what daunts me about being a father, sometimes. Preparing your kids for the minefield of life.

Otis

Aye, it's either plenty of niggly, expensive things or a couple of whoppers to wreck the year...such is the shit sandwich of life, isn't it?

Between the shit, the tragedies and the injustices, we all have to find our own way through. Sometimes, it's a dark tunnel with no exit, but then sometimes the light appears at the end of it. Sometimes trivial stuff can ignite depression, I find.

This is what daunts me about being a father, sometimes. Preparing your kids for the minefield of life.
Yep, my daughter's 11, so tell me about it. The change from primary Year 6 to secondary, Year 7 is staggering. Just in those few months have seen such a dramatic change and this amongst everyone she knows and all her friends. Mind blowing.

We've gone from sing a long Frozen to posing as gangsters, swearing every other word and some frighteningly worrying sexual talk and views on females. This is not my daughter I'm talking about, but the people she is friends with. Such a staggering change.

I keep my daughter very much grounded. Suddenly all her friends are hanging round the park and outside shops. I've told she's got as much chance of me letting her do that as Aston Villa have of finishing in the top 4 this season.

mechaishida

Yep, my daughter's 11, so tell me about it. The change from primary Year 6 to secondary, Year 7 is staggering. Just in those few months have seen such a dramatic change and this amongst everyone she knows and all her friends. Mind blowing.

We've gone from sing a long Frozen to posing as gangsters, swearing every other word and some frighteningly worrying sexual talk and views on females. This is not my daughter I'm talking about, but the people she is friends with. Such a staggering change.

I keep my daughter very much grounded. Suddenly all her friends are hanging round the park and outside shops. I've told she's got as much chance of me letting her do that as Aston Villa have of finishing in the top 4 this season.

I've got all that to come yet. Shit.

The transitions they go through are indeed mind-blowing...even my eldest, who isn't 4 till February, seems to change and evolve on a weekly basis, and it's hard keeping up sometimes.

bringbackrattles

As my thread and comments have shown life is full of ups and downs,a mixture of good times and absolute crappy times. I try and keep positive,but it is hard at times. I've been through bereavements and relationship breakdowns,and lost two close friends this past year,but like a few have said you have to be grateful as there are always people going through the same,and even worse too. So all I want to say is Happy New Year to all,and keep positive !

Monners

Indeed. I share your sentiment. It's been a tough year for me and the family, but keep going and stay positive. My old man used to say that "there is always someone worse off than yourself". His way of geeing himself up I think as he had some dark times.

Happy New Year to all, and looking forward to 2016 :)

Otis

Me too and I am hoping before we are half way through the year we are all watching an open top bus parade around the streets of Coventry.

Why Wasps would want to be doing that though with all the ill feeling there is around here I have no idea.

;)

mechaishida

Me too and I am hoping before we are half way through the year we are all watching an open top bus parade around the streets of Coventry.

Why Wasps would want to be doing that though with all the ill feeling there is around here I have no idea.

;)

I'm still on standby with the large cabbages, hot bovril and gravel projectiles. Say the word, Captain...

callumeast

For me, there has been many good points. Going to Headingley to train with the Academy Cricket Team, my beloved team being on the up and being able to be really proud of them and their achievements, going to University and enjoying it and everything it brings.

Worst has been flooding in and around where I live, which has meant a whole host of things to family members, including serious health issues following evacuation.

Overall though a good year. Many happy returns to all SBA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Best for me? er........ er.........er...........er.......... I'll get back to you on that one.......

Worst for me? No bloody sea bass showing at all this year!

Otis

Best for me? er........ er.........er...........er.......... I'll get back to you on that one.......

Worst for me? No bloody sea bass showing at all this year!
Thought the worst was surely that poster getting threatened by Samo and Nick brushing it aside and doing nothing about it!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Thought the worst was surely that poster getting threatened by Samo and Nick brushing it aside and doing nothing about it!!

You'll need to remind me of that Otis. Blowed if I can remember. Must have been pissed or asleep!

mechaishida

It was a dark, daaaaark day.

The way Samo said: "You arrogant prick" and the victim said: "Don't fucking abuse meeeeeeeeee!" was traumatic.

I bet it drove you to double eggnogs and triple helpings of spotted dick...

Otis

It was a dark, daaaaark day.

The way Samo said: "You arrogant prick" and the victim said: "Don't fucking abuse meeeeeeeeee!" was traumatic.

I bet it drove you to double eggnogs and triple helpings of spotted dick...
I can't handle more than a couple of dicks to be honest.

mechaishida

I can't handle more than a couple of dicks to be honest.

Best stick to hotdogs then, your new mate seems keen to joust with them in public...public order offence, that is, night in the cells with muchos weeping and praying.

He's trouble, steer clear, dear. :D

Users who are viewing this thread