Best City XI of all-time (GK) (2 Viewers)

bringbackrattles

Three candidates Reg Matthews, Bill Glazier would have been number 2 to Banks in our World Cup winning team or Steve Ogrizovic. Matthews got 5 full England caps on the trot as a third division player and Oggy arguabley the best uncapped goalie of his era. Difficult choice but I go for Bill Glazier 60s/70s
When I started following the Sky Blues our keeper was Lightening then Wesson and Meeson.All competent goalies but then along came Bill Glazier who was a class apart and you could see why we broke the world transfer record back then for a keeper. Tall and slim build, and athletic he had the lot and to think we had him here,when he could have easily played for a much bigger club.Breaking his leg and being out for a year curtailed his International career,as he was edging towards full England honours,but when he returned he soon was back to his brilliant best. Yes we've had some great keepers over the decades,but to me Glazier is the best.

skybluelee

Thanks for the responses everyone. I think we've had about 60 credible responses so far, if Hedman is regarded as a credible response lol etc....

I originally said I would keep the vote open for a week but that seems like overkill. Therefore I will keep it open for 3 days in total, closing at 12pm on Friday.

I will then distribute the result and set the RB poll in motion.

Cheers

Skybluemac

Glazier.
60's
As above, brilliantly agile and as brave as a lion. Was at Maine Rd when Pardoe broke his leg (Ronnie Rees went in goal and the 10 men got a draw - pre subs)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Glazier for me...great shot stopper and superb at commanding his box. Oggy will always be remembered fondly by all sky blue fans. And matthews, hedman and Westwood would all be in with a shout. We really have had some of the best keepers of their respective generations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread