Best Curry Houses in Cov (1 Viewer)

CCFC88

Looking for a bit of local knowledge, just moved back to Coventry after an 8 year exile up't north, moved into Longford and looking for a decent curry house on this side of town?

Grew up in Tile Hill so have personal favourites over that way, namely the mint in Earlsdon and Tamarinds further out in Balsall Common.

Otis

Marty

The Mint is lovely, Rupali in Tile Hill is very good, but I suppose too far, Heard some really good things about Masala Jacks but never been myself (Holbrooks/Foleshill area). The one by the petrol station on Sandpits Lane is pritty good. Shimla Spice by the train station is my personal favourite.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Went to the Blue Mango, Albany Rd, Earlsdon earlier this month had a very good meal, service was excellent and a good atmosphere. really enjoyed it

Otis

Oh, just to let you know, if you did fancy going to the Ocean, it is closed until sometime in October.

Aparently the family have gone to Mecca or suchlike. Restaurant shut for a month.

That must be one hell of a session of bingo.

Covstu

Rupali is good, stanton club in Foleshill is by far the best but there isnt many women in there if you were taking the missus!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Akbars is always good
The railway in spon end is very reasonable

ccfcno9

Bengal delight Holbrooks over the road from unicorn club. Shortlisted for Gordon Ramsey's top local restaurants program a couple of years ago. Try the 'Bash special' the chefs own concoction. Not you average Indian. usually quite busy probably need to book weekends

LastGarrison

The Farmhouse is alright and Bombay Joes on Walsgrave Roady is very nice but I have to say for all round taste and value for money it has to be the Railway in Spon End.

Not a place to go for a fancy meal but if you want a great curry and very reasonable prices this is the place.

wingy

The Farmhouse is alright and Bombay Joes on Walsgrave Roady is very nice but I have to say for all round taste and value for money it has to be the Railway in Spon End.

Not a place to go for a fancy meal but if you want a great curry and very reasonable prices this is the place.

Yeah popped In there after a match over the road last year.

Had been an absolute deluge all day and i went A over T on the grass outside the stadium ,actually looked like i'd been playing for the Blue & Whites ,nobody gave a hoot fortunately.

B-Ban-Boogie

Been going to the Coundon Cuisine since the day it opened..
Go back there the first night of every trip back to England and the curry never changes.. absolutely superb..
hmmmm I'm hungry now....:mad:

CCFC88

The Mint is lovely, Rupali in Tile Hill is very good, but I suppose too far, Heard some really good things about Masala Jacks but never been myself (Holbrooks/Foleshill area). The one by the petrol station on Sandpits Lane is pritty good. Shimla Spice by the train station is my personal favourite.

Went with Masala Jacks on Friday night, very good food, very freindly staff and BYOB always a plus in my eyes, will definately be going back!!

Real

My favourite is The Ocean by a country mile. I've been to most of the places mentioned above, but if I had to recommend it would be The Ocean. As has been said, they are closed now until I think the 9th October. But well worth a visit, not only for the food, but also to experience the head man Iqbal, who my friend said to me "the lift doesn't quite reach the top floor with him does it". He is mentioned numerous times too on the trip advisor website.

Otis

My favourite is The Ocean by a country mile. I've been to most of the places mentioned above, but if I had to recommend it would be The Ocean. As has been said, they are closed now until I think the 9th October. But well worth a visit, not only for the food, but also to experience the head man Iqbal, who my friend said to me "the lift doesn't quite reach the top floor with him does it". He is mentioned numerous times too on the trip advisor website.

My daughter calls him Mr.Haystacks.

AJB1983

If you're in longford then go to Nashaa on longford road. Next to Capitol gym.
Gets busy at weekends though

kdrinkell

Bombay Joes in Ball Hill,Ocean is good as said,I was going to mention Sonargons in Cheylesmore but a workmate told me its gone downhill.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Bengal delight Holbrooks over the road from unicorn club. Shortlisted for Gordon Ramsey's top local restaurants program a couple of years ago. Try the 'Bash special' the chefs own concoction. Not you average Indian. usually quite busy probably need to book weekends

Have to agree with the Bengal Delight! Never had such a brilliant asian meal! Top chefs and top service. (mind you, that was about 4½ years ago when I lived on the "big island")

Sky_Blue_Daz

Went to the farmhouse friday night, was a bit disappointed to be honest

duffer

Oh, just to let you know, if you did fancy going to the Ocean, it is closed until sometime in October.

Aparently the family have gone to Mecca or suchlike. Restaurant shut for a month.

That must be one hell of a session of bingo.

I honestly had to think about that one for a moment Otis. D'oh!

Anyway, I've always quite liked Ali's in Earsldon - you have to take your own booze though.

It's up the stairs next to Da Vinci's (which is my favourite restaurant in the city, but unless you're torchy or grendel it's for special occasions only at those prices!).

Real

Went to the farmhouse friday night, was a bit disappointed to be honest

I've been to the Farmhouse 3 times, and I have enjoyed the food every time. I had the curry, whereas my missus had English food, and she said hers was lovely too on each occasion.

mds

Mine, i cook the meanest home made restaurant style from scratch u ever gonna taste.

FACT!

mds

Beer posts are great, i dont remember posting that :)

Its invite only, no table you get to sit on the settee with a newspaper for a tray. And im open whenever she is.

Users who are viewing this thread