Best Games At The Ricoh (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Looking back there was a few decent games.
Always enjoyed the Midlands derbies or if a big boy was in town.

What's everyone's best match whilst playing there?

For me it's Blackburn, what an incredible atmosphere.

ccfcway

I liked the Mexico game at the Olympics

To see the faces on so many kids when those mexican chaps got them to start the wave, it reminded me of why I liked football so much

ccfc_Tom

Not many good memories, agree with the preston jpt game, also 2-2 with middlesbrough when best scored in something like the 95th min... Depressing.

pusbccfc

Who was it we beat 4-1 in front of the Sky cameras? Tabb got two? Really good performance that night.

That win against Middlesbrough in the relegation year was outstanding, after such a shocking run, winning 3-1 against a top 6 team was exciting!

hutch1972

Who was it we beat 4-1 in front of the Sky cameras? Tabb got two? Really good performance that night.

That win against Middlesbrough in the relegation year was outstanding, after such a shocking run, winning 3-1 against a top 6 team was exciting!
4-1 v Southampton.

Mr T - Sukka!

1) JPT Preston.
2) Blackburn FA Cup
3) Crewe JPT (not because of the result but confirmed what i always knew. With the right owners playing in Coventry we could be great again)

Grendel

1)
3) Crewe JPT (not because of the result but confirmed what i always knew. With the right owners playing in Coventry we could be great again)

You mean by charging £5 and then promising a trip to Wembley off the back of it?

WestEndAgro

The legends game where True fans showed loyalty and passion and a genuine show of support for OUR club and where we should be playing our football.

stupot07

the first game there 6-1 v Derby to follow on the last game at HR 6-2 v Derby................ LOL

I'm pretty sure the first games at the Ricoh was a 3-0 win over QPR......and IIRC it was a really niggly game because we'd played then in a summer at a friendly tournament in Ibiza which had turned sour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

The legends game where True fans showed loyalty and passion and a genuine show of support for OUR club and where we should be playing our football.

Top wumming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

theferret

Memorable games at the Ricoh were few and far between, but there were a few notable exceptions, especially in the first couple of seasons when crowds rarely dipped below 20,000.

Missed the Blackburn game because I was living overseas, but I remember Coleman after describing it as the best match atmosphere he had ever experienced.

SlowerThanPlatt

Blackburn game was terrific.

Shame we never filled the Ricoh enough. With a decent crowd in there it could make some noise. :(

Ashdown1

Memorable games at the Ricoh were few and far between, but there were a few notable exceptions, especially in the first couple of seasons when crowds rarely dipped below 20,000.

Missed the Blackburn game because I was living overseas, but I remember Coleman after describing it as the best match atmosphere he had ever experienced.

It really was that loud, every tackle cheered. Shame Blackburn could only muster 500 of the crowd that night !

SlowerThanPlatt

Can't include two videos in the same message for some reason.

Here's another I found

[video=youtube;1huWttqGQpg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1huWttqGQpg[/video]

wingy

don't get much better than that Platty ,where have all our brothers gone ?

Did'nt Jason roberts nearly get himself #in the legal mire after the match where he abused/Assualted one of our fans?

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Reading 1-1, penalty save at end noise amazing.

Top stadium.

It's bad enough not playing in Coventry, but also not playing the stadium Coventry deserved.

Personally Ricoh is much better than Highfield road.

For final game at Highfield road, I walked from the street I grew up in,went to two pubs I used to go in before and after game.
Finally after a great day, I was yards away from my old street but as I did I looked north and I could see Ricoh in the far distance. I was so proud and could not wait to go there.

SISU gave distroyed all of this, for now.....

BTW my daughter was born 9 months to that day!

Bagsy

Always remember Westwoods last min pen save again Ebanks Blake for Wolves. Made it even sweeter that I got a lift back to my mates after the game as they are both Wolves fans!! Nearly got kicked out the car 3 times! :D

oscillatewildly

The JPT 'adventure' didn't mean a thing to me. I'm not in total denial, but a mickey mouse, condescending comp for lower league clubs wasn't something I was gonna get excited over. I'm genuinely sorry if this offends anyone, but I was glad we were knocked out. It would have saved a lot of hullabaloo and pant wetting if it had been in an earlier round admittedly. Besides, I had already got my home fixtures boycott underway after sisu's seemingly deliberate campaign for relegation during 2011/12 season.
As for best match, bearing in mind I've not had a season ticket at Ricoh so I averaged around 9 -12 home games, the Leeds game where they just edged us out 3-2.

Users who are viewing this thread