Best premier league stadiums in England? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Rated at number 4 is the King Power crisp bowl.
Not being in the premier league means we don't get a rating but if we did where would that put us if the crispy foxes are number 4?
I know we don't own a stadium but you get the drift.

torchomatic

I always enjoyed going to Anfield. The first time I went to Old Trafford to see us play was also pretty memorable.

CJ_covblaze

Now Fulham aren't in the Prem and West Ham have moved to that horrid shocker of a place the best I've been to is Goodison.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Premier League football stadiums are crap these days. How is the soulless Emirates up there?

German stadiums all the way for me.

torchomatic

Premier League football stadiums are crap these days. How is the soulless Emirates up there?

Yeah, new stadiums in the main tend to be a little bit like every other one. I like a bit more character. A bit like those out of town housing estates that look the same whether you are in Cumbria or Cornwall.

bawtryneal

I agree regarding German grounds (some of them, at least) but that wasn't the OP question
Werner Bremen is best ground I've been to in Germany for atmosphere.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I agree regarding German grounds (some of them, at least) but that wasn't the OP question
Werner Bremen is best ground I've been to in Germany for atmosphere.

Yeah, I'm going off on a tangent because I love good stadiums, and I don't see them done to my liking here in England. If I had it my way, I would love a smaller, but more compact version of the Volksparkstadion in Hamburg at a city center location in Coventry. That massive terrace behind the goal is and would be incredible. Maybe we can have a two tier version should we ever get a sugar daddy!

volksparkstadion_fd8cuvl62vl41sixi56fd20dn.jpg

bawtryneal

Have been to the ground and agree but it's the standing area that creates the atmosphere. Do you think standing will ever return to U.K.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Have been to the ground and agree but it's the standing area that creates the atmosphere. Do you think standing will ever return to U.K.

Looping back to the OP, I think the lack of standing does contribute to the dry atmosphere's massively.

I hope they will be back in English football, but I don't know. If the Hillsborough group get their way then it won't, but the idea of safe standing is sound, and I don't see what's wrong with doing that at least.

CJ_covblaze

When Fisher announces the new ground we should all lobby for an area of 2,000 to 3,000 safe standing area

He could get away with the entire ground being smaller than that.

Paxman II

How would you control capacity in a standing area? The old days of standing were atmospheric because of the amount of people allowed in (way too many) and by today's standards that would be more controlled and so that atmosphere will not necessarily return as you would expect in my opinion. Besides Germans are more disciplined than us and i's suspect here we have fights again and total anarchy would ensue. From a safety aspect I don't see it coming back.

Bob Latchford

Newcastle before they shoved you up in the gods.Liverpool ,man utd , Middlesbrough , always thought everton was poor myself.

Last edited:

Bob Latchford

Brylowes

Goodison was the best for me.
Been on the Kop at anfield, Old Trafford, Highbury, emirates, main Rd, st James etc, but 3
Years ago I got me and the wife tickets for Everton v Arsenal in the Gwladys st end.
I know it's affectionately known as the "grand old lady" and it didn't disappoint, before and
After the game all the pubs around the ground were absolutely bouncing,the atmosphere
In the ground was unbelievable.
A proper big "old fashioned" football ground where you could almost smell the history, the
View wasn't perfect but I would take that over sitting in a generic concrete bowl anyday.

CJ_covblaze

Been on the Kop at anfield, Old Trafford, Highbury, emirates, main Rd, st James etc, but 3
Years ago I got me and the wife tickets for Everton v Arsenal in the Gwladys st end.
I know it's affectionately known as the "grand old lady" and it didn't disappoint, before and
After the game all the pubs around the ground were absolutely bouncing,the atmosphere
In the ground was unbelievable.
A proper big "old fashioned" football ground where you could almost smell the history, the
View wasn't perfect but I would take that over sitting in a generic concrete bowl anyday.

Were you in the lower? Been in there a couple of times. The low roof meant it was deafening. Couldn't hear the person next to me. Love the place.

BackRoomRummermill

how would anyone here really know we have been out of the premier nearly 17 years ............. and the stadia including Everton etc has dramatically changed ( like Annfield this season )

I take it you have to go as a Cov fan supporting Cov to Judge , unless your a glory boy ..........

Brylowes

Were you in the lower? Been in there a couple of times. The low roof meant it was deafening. Couldn't hear the person next to me. Love the place.
In the lower, About 10 rows from the back behind the goal, Everton scored after about 5 minutes,
And the place went completely bonkers, took me 5 minutes to find the wife.
Put my arm round her and said, are you ok, I think so 'she said' but I just hope they don't score
Anymore, Everton won 3-0 LOL.
The singing was none stop, it was deafening and I can honestly say 'I'm a big bloke' but it took
All I had to stay on my feet when they scored. Fantastic place, if a little dishevelling.:bag:

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

how would anyone here really know we have been out of the premier nearly 17 years ............. and the stadia including Everton etc has dramatically changed ( like Annfield this season )

I take it you have to go as a Cov fan supporting Cov to Judge , unless your a glory boy ..........

I am hoping there is some irony in here ;) I love going to football games regardless of who is playing/where just to experience new stadiums/derbies/atmospheres. I probably go to 20-25 Cov games (split it between home & away games) a season and then go to watch games either abroad, or with friends who support Arsenal, Man City, Man United, West Brom... even Villa. Just love a good day out with the football

Paxman II

I think the reason I wanted to highlight this was seeing the crisp bowl at 4. many say the Ricoh is superior so where does that put us on best stadiums in the country?
...and to think out illustrious owners blew it?!!!!

Sba180

Annfield looks alright, but he said stadiums in England?

Attachments

• IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 13

CJ_covblaze

Go to as many games as I can no matter who's playing. Doing a German 3rd division game in a few weeks. Did Lincoln v Oldham recently too.

CCFC Germany

Go to as many games as I can no matter who's playing. Doing a German 3rd division game in a few weeks.

Oh great. Which one ?
Don't know what you've all got with the new grounds in Germany, as most of them are really awful.
Pricy, bad view and somewhere out in the nowhere plus really bad food...

Users who are viewing this thread