Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Halfway through Hijack, am generally enjoying it.

Just started Manifest, it’s crap but watchable crap so I’m carrying on with it 😆

Watching Secret Invasion and TBH really not digging it.

tommydazzle

Bit late to watching these but both fantastic films left me mentally exhausted as so tense:
Anthropoid - based on true story of the attempted assassination of a high ranking SS officer. Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dolan, Toby Jones. The bravery of these guys nerve-wracking.
71 - British soldier finds himself running for his life behind enemy lines in Northern Ireland. Most realistic riot scene I’ve ever see. Edge of the seat stuff.

SBT

71 - British soldier finds himself running for his life behind enemy lines in Northern Ireland. Most realistic riot scene I’ve ever see. Edge of the seat stuff.
If it’s riot scenes you’re after, check out Athene on Netflix. French film about youth gangs in the Paris banlieues - plot’s a bit thin and it’s all a bit silly but it has the most electrifying first 10 minutes to a film I’ve ever seen.

dutchman

Just watched Sam Mendes' first world war feature "1917".

1917 (2019) - IMDb

medium-screenshot3.jpg

The beginning and end are incredibly realistic but there's a segment in the middle which plays more like a dream sequence than real life.

Mcbean

Probably late with this one but am up to 8 episodes of Welcome to Wrexham - it’s pretty entertaining and the two guys are funny - in the last episode I saw they were visiting and ended up in the pub next door to the ground - they asked fans what they thought and of course the expert fans ripped into the manager , the previous owners , some of the players - they had had an evening of drinks so were well fired up - Renolds and The other guy handled it pretty well - felt like a bit like here sometimes when the experts have opposite views 😵

Sky_Blue_Daz

Rewatched Vice principals over the weekend , brilliant. And can seriously The righteous gemstones

Sick Boy

Just started Manifest, it’s crap but watchable crap so I’m carrying on with it 😆

I’ve watched the whole of manifest, it ends up all over the place. The ending was filmed at the same time as the beginning but it got cancelled halfway through but Netflix paid to put it back on but I think with a change in plot. It’s one of the most bizarre programmes I’ve seen.

clint van damme

I'm loving the new series of bear. The episode with Jamie Lee Curtis was outstanding, not sure if you can get an award for appearing in one episode of a show but she deserves one.

chiefdave

I've just started watching the Bear and not sure I really get it. About half way through season one and not a whole lot seems to be happening. As a comedy drama there doesn't seem to be a lot of either

clint van damme

I've just started watching the Bear and not sure I really get it. About half way through season one and not a whole lot seems to be happening. As a comedy drama there doesn't seem to be a lot of either

I really like it but I can see why it wouldn't be some people's cup of tea.

I got the same with succession in the end, I just got extremely bored of it. Shows that rely heavily on their dialogue either grip you or they don't.

Terry_dactyl

I watched the Wham! Documentary on Netflix last night. I thought it was really good.
I was never a fan of them but fair play George could write a song! Also, interesting to see Ridgely’s role in everything.
Some story.

dutchman

I need to watch Wes Anderson's Asteroid City again because there were a load of visual gags I didn't spot first time around as there was so much happening on screen.

Incidentally, Last Train to San Fernando was the first song I heard on the radio after arriving in England.

Ian1779

Paradise on Netflix, a German film dubbed into English.

Surprisingly decent in the end.

Grendel

Manifest gets progressively more ridiculous and some terrible cliche script writing

Hijack is good

Grendel

Has anyone watched Wolf? I’d like to know what thoughts were

Grendel

I’ve watched the whole of manifest, it ends up all over the place. The ending was filmed at the same time as the beginning but it got cancelled halfway through but Netflix paid to put it back on but I think with a change in plot. It’s one of the most bizarre programmes I’ve seen.

But “it’s all connected”

Nick

Administrator
I got bored after the first series, it's like they thought how could they just make it weirder.

Does it even explain why the plane was in the sky for so long?

fernandopartridge

Started watching The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. Not too taxing, lots of likeable characters plus I've always had a thing for Neve Campbell.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Watched the first one the other night but it just felt like something I'd seen before

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Hertsccfc

Has anyone watched Wolf? I’d like to know what thoughts were
It's a strange one. Some good acting but also some of it is a bit ridiculous. Nonetheless I have carried on watching it. Pretty gory for 9pm on mainstream tv too. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread