Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (7 Viewers)

Mcbean

Yes the wolf is pretty unusual - I’m hooked now so will have to see it out

Finham

Watching "The Thick of It" again. Cheered me up a lot and made me swear like a bastard. It's great watching the real life news afterwards and laughing at the similarities-the Bibby Stockholm fiasco was like something straight out of it-"They've found what in it now? Fucking legionella?! But it's Stop the Boats Week!"

Also, for similar reasons, the great lost classic "Time Trumpet" from Armando, Lee etc. It's the way they get things wrong, just badly enough for a show in 2006 predicting the 2030's-"we all gathered around and listened to The JCB Song by Nizlopi", their mythical Tom Cruise being slightly saner than the actual present day one, and David Beckham becoming "the first man to have a vagina surgically added to his forearm"...

Last edited:

Mcbean

Watching "The Thick of It" again. Cheered me up a lot and made me swear like a bastard. It's great watching the real life news afterwards and laughing at the similarities-the Bibby Stockholm fiasco was like something straight out of it-"They've found what in it now? Fucking legionella?! But it's Stop the Boats Week!"

Also, for similar reasons, the great lost classic "Time Trumpet" from Armando, Lee etc. It's the way they get things wrong, just badly enough for a show in 2006 predicting the 2030's-"we all gathered around and listened to The JCB Song by Nizlopi", their mythical Tom Cruise being slightly saner than the actual present day one, and David Beckham becoming "the first man to have a vagina surgically added to his forearm"...
Loved the Thick of it - needed to watch more than once as so many great lines crammed in - Armando also wrote Veep which I can thoroughly recommend - hilarious

LastGarrison

Just watched WACO: American Apocolypse on Netflix and it is well worth a watch, mainly just for seeing how fucking stupid Yanks are.

By the end I couldn't work out who was the bad guy which is crazy considering the choice was between a predatory peadophile who was the head of a cult or the FBI who were complicit in the deaths of 70 people including 15 children.

LastGarrison

Also, just watched the Burnley documentary on Sky Documentaries. Have to say I didn't know anything about Burnley's owners so I was a little surprised to find out they were Mormons.

Hardly a great breaking docuseries but an easy watch and I have to say Kompany does come across very well.

Great_Expectations

Desperately trying to get into Yellowstone, especially as our free trial of Paramount+ ended so I’m now paying for it!

Just started season 3 and while occasionally a character arc or storyline will temporarily grab me, I’m not not getting the hype yet which is disappointing!

Conversely, we’re watching Euphoria as our ‘us’ programme. We’re only 4 episodes in, but it’s really enjoyable so far. I couldn’t even really describe why without giving it some proper thought, but the whole thing so far is great.

However, not sure it’s the ideal show to watch when you have two daughters, even if they are both well over a decade away from going out!

LastGarrison

The Missus has got us watching (honest Guvnor) the Tyson Fury series on Netflix.

Already done three episodes 🙈 He’s a troubled soul that’s for sure.

Sbarcher

Also, just watched the Burnley documentary on Sky Documentaries. Have to say I didn't know anything about Burnley's owners so I was a little surprised to find out they were Mormons.

Hardly a great breaking docuseries but an easy watch and I have to say Kompany does come across very well.
Thought it was a good watch.
just watched the 1st episode of the Newcastle doc on Sky. Bit of a sportswash but pretty interesting.

Sky_Blue_Daz

The Missus has got us watching (honest Guvnor) the Tyson Fury series on Netflix.

Already done three episodes 🙈 He’s a troubled soul that’s for sure.
Watched the first 2 episodes last night, I felt sorry for him when he was sat on the prom with his kids and a bloke walked past and said he thought AJ would beat him.

clint van damme

Desperately trying to get into Yellowstone, especially as our free trial of Paramount+ ended so I’m now paying for it!

Just started season 3 and while occasionally a character arc or storyline will temporarily grab me, I’m not not getting the hype yet which is disappointing!

Conversely, we’re watching Euphoria as our ‘us’ programme. We’re only 4 episodes in, but it’s really enjoyable so far. I couldn’t even really describe why without giving it some proper thought, but the whole thing so far is great.

However, not sure it’s the ideal show to watch when you have two daughters, even if they are both well over a decade away from going out!

It took a while but I really got into Yellowstone and I'm looking forward to the finale.
It's not up there with the creme de la creme but I thought it was very good.

SkyBlueScottie

Has anyone watched Wolf? I’d like to know what thoughts were

It's a strange one. Some good acting but also some of it is a bit ridiculous. Nonetheless I have carried on watching it. Pretty gory for 9pm on mainstream tv too. What do you think?

Yes the wolf is pretty unusual - I’m hooked now so will have to see it out
Hadn't bothered until I.found out it was based on a Mo Hayder novel. She was one of my favourite authors ( until she passed away) I found her books very unnerving if at times a little bit too bizarre. As for the TV prog, only seen episode 1, enjoyed it, I can understand why people might give up on it as the first episode pulled on a lot of threads so could potentially lead people to think it's all a bit over the place, however I am sure it will all come together.

I finished the 2nd and apparently last season of Your Honour. Fantastic TV. Marvels secret invasion got progressively worse, didn't really go anywhere, I fear for this and future phases of the MCU. Enjoying Yellowstone, Beth is a fantastic character.

clint van damme

Hadn't bothered until I.found out it was based on a Mo Hayder novel. She was one of my favourite authors ( until she passed away) I found her books very unnerving if at times a little bit too bizarre. As for the TV prog, only seen episode 1, enjoyed it, I can understand why people might give up on it as the first episode pulled on a lot of threads so could potentially lead people to think it's all a bit over the place, however I am sure it will all come together.

I finished the 2nd and apparently last season of Your Honour. Fantastic TV. Marvels secret invasion got progressively worse, didn't really go anywhere, I fear for this and future phases of the MCU. Enjoying Yellowstone, Beth is a fantastic character.

Really enjoyed Your Honour.

Yes, it was far fetched but I thought it was decent. I think that will be it now, there won't be a 3rd series.

Sick Boy

But “it’s all connected”
Shortly after watching it I went to Ravenna where there are a lot of mosaics with peacocks in them. I also went down near the sea there where there’s apparently a colony of wild peacocks - at that point things felt pretty surreal.

napolimp

This isn't a recommendation, but I was just wondering if anyone has done the same as me. I decided to watch Manifest on Netflix earlier this month, got to the end of season 1, platform automatically started playing the next season. The story suddenly seemed to jump forward years and made no sense, loads of unexplained things had happened such as people coming back to life. Persevered anyway and got about halfway through the season before decided to check episode list, realised I was watching season 4 and Netflix didn't have the rights to season 2 and 3.

Why the fuck would you auto-play season 4 at the end of season 1?

Just seen your post on page before, @shmmeee

napolimp

Started watching The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. Not too taxing, lots of likeable characters plus I've always had a thing for Neve Campbell.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Series is brilliant, books are brilliant, film is brilliant - although I am a massive McConaughey fan boy.

ajsccfc

This isn't a recommendation, but I was just wondering if anyone has done the same as me. I decided to watch Manifest on Netflix earlier this month, got to the end of season 1, platform automatically started playing the next season. The story suddenly seemed to jump forward years and made no sense, loads of unexplained things had happened such as people coming back to life. Persevered anyway and got about halfway through the season before decided to check episode list, realised I was watching season 4 and Netflix didn't have the rights to season 2 and 3.

Oh for fuck's sake, we started watching this yesterday thinking we've got a solid two seasons of nonsense to watch

Finham

I like how the general nature of these programmes made you think they might just be doing a "Lost" and messing with the audience, so you stuck with it!

Grendel

It's a strange one. Some good acting but also some of it is a bit ridiculous. Nonetheless I have carried on watching it. Pretty gory for 9pm on mainstream tv too. What do you think?

Well I have all the Hader books. It’s safe to say this is toned down.

So as I am a fan of the author I liked it. The missing brother does haunt Caffrey but this was over the top focus - I assume they may make another judging by the end

Odd as well it’s one of the later ones but some would be too graphic

The other was in Are you being served as Mr graces secretary who lusted after captain peacock

Sky_Blue_Daz

Finished Happy Valley last night { very good series }and watched The Whale yesterday brilliant Brendan Fraser was fantastic

Terry_dactyl

For those into horror films, I went to see Talk To Me last week. It’s well worth a watch if you like the genre.
Although one of the biggest surprises in the whole film was when the two main characters turned out to be still at High School…they looked about 30!!

Reactions: AOM

AOM

For those into horror films, I went to see Talk To Me last week. It’s well worth a watch if you like the genre.
Although one of the biggest surprises in the whole film was when the two main characters turned out to be still at High School…they looked about 30!!

Going to see it tonight, seems to have gone under the radar at the cinema recently with bigger films being out at the same time.
A24 films are usually pretty good as well

Terry_dactyl

Going to see it tonight, seems to have gone under the radar at the cinema recently with bigger films being out at the same time.
A24 films are usually pretty good as well
There were a couple of decent looking horrors in the trailers too. Tell us what you think!

Terry_dactyl

Really enjoyed it, especially the ending! Some good jump scares as well.
That Cobweb film looked proper creepy in the trailers before. Might wait for daytime to see that one
Yeah, Cobweb looked ridiculous. Could just ask the cinema to leave the lights on? I think it’s out this week.

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

LastGarrison

Just finished Once Upon a Time in Northern Ireland which is a 5 part BBC doc about The Troubles.

An absolutely fascinating watch and put together so well and really shows the human side and what it was like living through that period.

Best documentary I’ve watched in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread