Biamou still has lots to offer (1 Viewer)

Paul O Donoghue

What happened to you after wanting to drop Walker for Gyökeres ahead of Brentford and playing hoof ball?
I'd drop TW all day long. His penno v Brentford was a Hail Mary job. Work rate is generally poor and doesn't get physically stuck in. Not good in the air either. Baka is simply not going to make it in the Championship. Godden and Max for the run in might do the trick. Results on Saturday were great. Chairboys and Owls surely fucked at this stage. Survival is in our hands hopefully. Draw at Luton would do me.

Magwitch1

I'd drop TW all day long. His penno v Brentford was a Hail Mary job. Work rate is generally poor and doesn't get physically stuck in. Not good in the air either. Baka is simply not going to make it in the Championship. Godden and Max for the run in might do the trick. Results on Saturday were great. Chairboys and Owls surely fucked at this stage. Survival is in our hands hopefully. Draw at Luton would do me.
TW as you put him has been injured for weeks, has had COVID and is only just starting to play with anything like our best players give him some bloody slack ffs!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Only City fans would get the hump with our top scorer (by some distance accounting for games played) for no apparent reason.

Delightfully mental.
He’s perceived as lazy and therefore is rubbish by those.

I’ve said it time and time again- city fans bizarrely choose headless chickens over talented players time and time again.

adebola was similar to Biamou, very average player, but was afforded more chances then the better stern John

Terry_dactyl

I’ve said it time and time again- city fans bizarrely choose headless chickens over talented players time and time again.

adebola was similar to Biamou, very average player, but was afforded more chances then the better stern John
I kind of agree but Biamou’s reintroduction to the side was borne out of necessity as opposed to choice. More recently he earned his place.

cov donkey kick

I kind of agree but Biamou’s reintroduction to the side was borne out of necessity as opposed to choice. More recently he earned his place.
Recently performance wise he has earnt his place. He deserves his position and if he's happy to battle next season as 3rd or 4th choice striker he's worth resigning for sure.

Terry_dactyl

He’s had one good game let’s not go mental.
I think it’s fair and balanced to say he’s had more than one good performance this season. He’s done better than I expected and think he’s done enough to earn a new contract.
10 years at £15k a week!!!! (This was a joke).

shmmeee

I think it’s fair and balanced to say he’s had more than one good performance this season. He’s done better than I expected and think he’s done enough to earn a new contract.
10 years at £15k a week!!!! (This was a joke).

I agree he’s probably worth another year depending on available budget. But he was good vs Derby, but had been poor prior to that. He’s had good games before, it’s consistency that’s his issue (and not dribbling the ball back to our defence from the edge of the opponents area :p ).

Terry_dactyl

I agree he’s probably worth another year depending on available budget. But he was good vs Derby, but had been poor prior to that. He’s had good games before, it’s consistency that’s his issue (and not dribbling the ball back to our defence from the edge of the opponents area :p ).
Or passing to their striker in the middle of the pitch, giving them a clear run at goal and handing them an undeserved last minute win...hmmmm...he’s shit, get rid!

Evo1883

Adebola was better than biamou... But I agree, he was overrated by fans in a similar fashion

The mentally comes from years of doing shit, where people who try harder were praised as the only people who cared in a failing team..

Jacob Murphy was another prime example

Grendel

Adebola was better than biamou... But I agree, he was overrated by fans in a similar fashion

The mentally comes from years of doing shit, where people who try harder were praised as the only people who cared in a failing team..

Adebola was miles better than biamou and to be fair formed a good partnership with Misfud

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Adebola was better than Biamou - it was more in terms of his standing in the team at the time

I agree on Murphy aswell.

Evo1883

Mind you, the cult has even reached Jim brown... Just keep the records Jim mate there's a good lad IMG_20210316_172323.png

fatso

Last night summed Max up perfectly imho.
He worked hard, lead the line on his own well enough, made good runs, linked up play well, got into good positions ......

And was fucking dog shit in front of goal!

Sky Blue Pete

Last night summed Max up perfectly imho.
He worked hard, lead the line on his own well enough, made good runs, linked up play well, got into good positions ......

And was fucking dog shit in front of goal!
And even then should have had one. Who knows what would have happened had we gone in front

fatso

And even then should have had one. Who knows what would have happened had we gone in front
Yep, but that's the issue with him.

You want your centre forward to be bagging at least 15 goals per season, but with Max your never confident he will score, even whe he Is put clean through with an open goal in front of him.
We should of been 1-0 up, but then they waltz down the other end, hit a half hearted shot that you could throw your hat on, and it goes straight through our keeper.
We have a poor keeper, and a poor centre forward. You could understand if this was a one off bad game, but it isn't, it's become the norm now.

Joy Division

Should have put away those two chances last night. Thought he was unlucky with the first, but then playing most of the game with 10 men was never going to be an easy task with chances rarely coming his way. We were poor last night but Biamou wasn't the reason we lost.

NorthernWisdom

Finishing has never been his strength, you'd have to say. Now, he might be able to get away with that a bit more if we had goals coming from anywhere on the pitch, but... we don't. Number of goals this season for our top scorer, whoever that will end up, will be a total joke, you'd expect, unless somebody suddenly bangs in a hattrick or two!

stupot07

Finishing has never been his strength, you'd have to say. Now, he might be able to get away with that a bit more if we had goals coming from anywhere on the pitch, but... we don't. Number of goals this season for our top scorer, whoever that will end up, will be a total joke, you'd expect, unless somebody suddenly bangs in a hattrick or two!
100%. There aren't enough goals from other areas of the pitch, especially given we only play 1 up front.

Everyone bigs O'Hare up for example, his work rate is phenomenal, but 2 goals in 38 games and no goals in 27 is not good enough for your main attacking midfielder who has played number 10 all season and pretty much every minute of the season.

dabadae3f1e1ed740a29d8b25b98f71d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

100%. There aren't enough goals from other areas of the pitch, especially given we only play 1 up front.

Everyone bigs O'Hare up for example, his work rate is phenomenal, but 2 goals in 38 games and no goals in 27 is not good enough for your main attacking midfielder who has played number 10 all season and pretty much every minute of the season.

dabadae3f1e1ed740a29d8b25b98f71d.jpg

Two direct assists but involved in virtually every decent attack of ours. Easily our best player only a moron would say otherwise tbh

Mucca Mad Boys

Two direct assists but involved in virtually every decent attack of ours. Easily our best player only a moron would say otherwise tbh

Agree, but Stupot has a point too. O’Hare needs to add goals to his game. But, at least COH delivers assists.

With Biamou, I have a lot of time for him as he is truly committed to the cause. But, too often this season, there’s too many moments where he lacks a killer instinct. Finishing is an obvious thing to highlight, but some opportunities to even get into the box, or to shoot rather than pass...

I’d give him a one year extension. But, if we’re in a position where he needs to play 30 games again, it’s going to be a long and hard season for us.

Walker and Godden are undoubtedly better players when fully fit and we need the both back.

stupot07

I never said he wasn't out best player, but its still a valid point that he hasn't scored enough or ever really look like scoring for a long time.

He is having a season that is very similar to the one Luke Thomas had with us.

Users who are viewing this thread