Big Sam for England (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Hmm.

Interested to read this morning that the FA turned Allardyce down 10 years ago because they believed his philosophy had, had its day.

Like I say, I worry he will take us very much backwards. :(
And their qualifications for making that assessment were?

Terry Gibson's perm

Yesterday somebody asked Sherwood who the next England manager should be Allerdyce or Bruce and he answered Redknapp, so big Sam it is for me

SkyblueBazza

Hmm.

Interested to read this morning that the FA turned Allardyce down 10 years ago because they believed his philosophy had, had its day.

Like I say, I worry he will take us very much backwards. :(
I think Big Sam installs a play to you strengths mentality...hoping he will immediately look beyond the big 5 to see who has the potential, determination, desire & passion to succeed. Look at Defoe...I reckon all other PL managers (& 1/2 the championship) would have considered him a spent force. Sam probably looked at how to facilitate his undoubted ability...& motivated him. His goals kept them up.
Reckon Kane would have got only the first game in Euro 16. Sam would have dropped him. Think he would have slapped Joe Hart for his attempt to belittle the Welsh too & told him to "belittle them on the pitch with superior all-round ability by all means - but keep your mouth shut"

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Mcbean

Are we claiming him as one of ours after 23 games ?

Ex Coventry city player Sam Allardyce is now the new England manager - i can see it now not

Covstu

For me I am okay with this appointment, I am not jumping for joy but I cannot think of anyone that would make me do that the way England performed over the last two tournaments. I think we need a proper shake up and SA can do this. Yes he hasn't managed 'big players', yes he hasn't got a list of successes but this is why this could work for us. We have always gone down the route of so called 'proven' managers with great track records and it has never worked. We need a manager that can put an identity on the team and pick the right players to fit the system and if some big names get left out then I am fine with that.

We need a manager who can instil some pride back in the nation, I would like to see him getting players like Barkley and just getting him to go and do his stuff rather than stifle the bloke. I don't think we will win the world cup (don't think we should enter if its in Russia personally) but I would like to think that we have a team who give it there all and I think SA can put this back in there.

Expect to be defensive, expect it to lack style but ultimately if this leads to success then fine by me.

Sky Blue Kid

I'm very pleased with this appointment. I think "Big Sam" might just have what it takes to put England back in European and World contention again :)

Bumberclart

England players should not need coaching. Whats been so obviously missing is motivation,
Hopefully Big Sam can find the key to get them to actually give a shit.

SkyblueBazza

I reckon a great start would be to downgrade every benefit. Then when we get to a tournament...eg world cup. Flight there is economy class. Standard airport transfers or make your own way to departures. Then accommodation in the same kind of place that the fans would mostly be staying in. Fail to progress...same arrangements in reverse. Qualify as group winners...accommodation & transport goes up a couple of notches. Repeat that for each stage so that if they win through to the final...best hotel in town & a bonus in pay. Win the final, 1st class ticket home & a party for family & a big bonus...chauffeur driven home from the airport.
They need to earn stuff not be given it anyhow.

skyblue1991

I reckon a great start would be to downgrade every benefit. Then when we get to a tournament...eg world cup. Flight there is economy class. Standard airport transfers or make your own way to departures. Then accommodation in the same kind of place that the fans would mostly be staying in. Fail to progress...same arrangements in reverse. Qualify as group winners...accommodation & transport goes up a couple of notches. Repeat that for each stage so that if they win through to the final...best hotel in town & a bonus in pay. Win the final, 1st class ticket home & a party for family & a big bonus...chauffeur driven home from the airport.

That will work...

If footballers were paid £200 a week and cannot afford upgrades and 5* hotels. It's pennies to them. Plus it would alienate the whole team which is't what we want.

Terry Gibson's perm

They could never arrange that plus do they not use a private plane now.

robbiekeane

is that a joke. they would clearly just make their own way

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Anyone know what odds Allardyce was as soon as Hodgson left? I text my mate to say it'll be Allardyce but never backed it with a couple of quid!

Captain Dart

D

Deleted member 2477

Out of interest why is this in the ccfc forum and not other football ?

As much as I like following England Id rather be reading Ccfc news

Hadji10

In the olden days we use to be stronger and more physical than nearly everyone else and were regularly beating teams 4 and 5 nil.

Then everyone started becoming more athletic and we then got beaten by technique.

We started to compete with technique, but now the spirit and fight is missing, so we are going to go back to strength and power.

Think next world cup we are going to be accused of kick and rush and goal hanging I reckon.

No offence but you talk complete bollocks.

Otis

Last bit was obviously a joke and first bit was factually correct.

Complete bollocks? You sure on that?

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread