Big sky blue news tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Kneeza

View attachment 19124

Heard it here first

giphy.gif
Jeez. That brings back memories. I had a Wang terminal just like that at Jag Radford in the eighties.
How things have moved on.

Kneeza

The parking thing pisses me off.
I have a house just off Hall Green Road (my mum lives in it) which is affected by the restrictions. I have to have a pass to park outside my own house, which is utterly ridiculous given the distance from the ground. It's a good 25 to 30 minutes walk, so hardly convenient.
It wouldn't hurt them to make the area smaller (nobody I know there gives a shit given that nobody had any parking hassles before it got ugly), but hey, CCC.

Reactions: KAB

Sky Blue Pete

I have a house just off Hall Green Road (my mum lives in it) which is affected by the restrictions. I have to have a pass to park outside my own house, which is utterly ridiculous given the distance from the ground. It's a good 25 to 30 minutes walk, so hardly convenient.
It wouldn't hurt them to make the area smaller (nobody I know there gives a shit given that nobody had any parking hassles before it got ugly), but hey, CCC.
Good shout that

fernandopartridge

I do wonder whether the parking exclusion zone is valid given the lack of alternative transport provision. There were special buses back to town in the early years but I've not seen one of these for a long time

shmmeee

Have you contacted your councillor?

They’re leaning on constituent voice here, if you aren’t making yours heard you can’t complain.

Nick

Administrator
I do wonder whether the parking exclusion zone is valid given the lack of alternative transport provision. There were special buses back to town in the early years but I've not seen one of these for a long time

It's completely pointless and just seems to be a bit of a money maker.

I can understand people getting pissed off with dickheads who might block their car in on a Saturday afternoon but it seemed to work at St Andrews to just park on the road.

Kneeza

Have you contacted your councillor?

They’re leaning on constituent voice here, if you aren’t making yours heard you can’t complain.
Don't think my councillor would give a shit either.
However, yes, my mum (who is the resident and voter there) raised it at least twice before, with no response whatsoever.
I intend to raise it again (in her voice; she's too old -90 - and frail - extremely - now to do it herself) in the near future.

chiefdave

I can understand people getting pissed off with dickheads who might block their car in on a Saturday afternoon but it seemed to work at St Andrews to just park on the road.
Used to live about 500 metres from Fratton Park. Zero parking restrictions and never had a problem.

Magwitch1

The parking restrictions are biased against the football fan.
When matches are on at the Ricoh there are traffic wardens out and about, I have never seen any when rugby is on.

Magwitch1

I'm getting flash backs of my Dad trawling backstreets for a space around Highfield road, the further away we got the more chance we would walk past a chippy. always a bonus :)
Back in the day did the same most weeks we lived Radford, near the Daimler that big game v Wolves we ended up having to park on the corner in Cashes Lane which was nearer our house than HR

Kneeza

I'm getting flash backs of my Dad trawling backstreets for a space around Highfield road, the further away we got the more chance we would walk past a chippy. always a bonus :)
We used to park in Stratford St, and often have one in the pub opposite the jack block. Damned if I can remember what it was called.

chiefdave

I know nobody believes there will be a new ground but surely we're not paying out to rebuild parts of the ground for a 7-10 year stay.

jordan210

I know nobody believes there will be a new ground but surely we're not paying out to rebuild parts of the ground for a 7-10 year stay.

I would guess the ground is build as a shell. So you can remove parts and move bits about without huge costs.

Wonder if you need planning for the shop as if so should be on the councils website

jordan210

A couple of issues in the new location for shop/ticket office.

Proximity to away fans entrance. As access is limited to start with.

general access due to elevations. As one side is stairs down and big wall to stop people jumping down.

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 12.55.16.png

EwR15ZpXMAMqSQ5.jpg

chiefdave

They block those stairs off on match days I think to stop our fans ending up with the away fans. They're obviously going to have to do something.

If building work is involved and they want to have it ready for next season they'll have to put in for planning ASAP won't they? Should know more then.

It’sabatch87

We used to park in Stratford St, and often have one in the pub opposite the jack block. Damned if I can remember what it was called.
Always parked round by the Hastings pub for a drink in there then maybe a quickie in the mercer’s if we had time and maybe one in there after the game.All before drink driving was a no no 😁👍🤪

fernandopartridge

They block those stairs off on match days I think to stop our fans ending up with the away fans. They're obviously going to have to do something.

If building work is involved and they want to have it ready for next season they'll have to put in for planning ASAP won't they? Should know more then.
Not sure why but planning permission doesn't appear to have been sought for the sports bar, that's from searching by postcode on the planning portal

robbiethemole

we used to park in Stratford St, outside the Mum's of a lad I worked with at Browns Lane, and it was a nice stroll down to Swan Lane. We usually met other lads from the Jag in the Mercers for a couple. During the season if Bees were at home, always went to Brandon on the way home to Rugby.

Happy days indeed with no worries about who owned us and what the finances were like. Technology has a lot to answer for.

Users who are viewing this thread