Bigi Settled at Newcastle (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It looks like he is settling in well. He was pictured in the sun the other day looking happy on the bench and just seen these:

http://t.co/n7YRawcZ

AyF6wUqCAAEMUnQ.jpg:large

Good Luck and Fair play to him. I hope he shines for them this season!

hamil99

Facebook User
Really want him to smash it in the premier league this year. Really like the lad and hope he gets all he deserves!

Nick

Administrator
ha I guess it could be classed as football and other sports, but it is more about a person than football and more about coventry city as he was sort of born and bred here so put it in here :)

dazzled2u

I saw him on Sunday and he is enjoying every minute training and playing with Newcastle but he is missing his family and Coventry. He's learning all the time and playing with some very talented players I'm sure he will grow quickly as a player.

rob9872

But don't forget he loves the City and would never move ....Fed up of reading about im tbh and couldn't care less if he gets injured or his career ends up going nowhere.Judas! :D

Nick

Administrator
It was just a bit of light hearted conversation away from Brazilians, AT is rubbish / amazing, SISU out etc. I know he doesn't play for us now, but would be nice to see him do well.

rob9872

Is it really a bit off?

An 18 year old who for large chunks of last season was pretty poor.

He showed glimpses of excitement particularly when he first came into the side and as 'one of our own' who we hoped to hold for a number of years was given the time and encouraged rather than chastised when he made mistakes (unlike Bell, Hussey, Baker etc who remain our players and are constantly fair game to slag off).

It seems that us giving him a chance and nurturing the raw talent was meaningless as like all modern day players his head was turned at the first opportunity for cash rather than to learn his trade with us and help get us back to where we should be.

Yes SISU would have been behind the sale, but as a young kid on low wages who cost nothing and had a contaract, I doubt he was forced through the door with a gun at his head. All I hear is he goes to church and loves the club. Last year it was suggested that he wouldn't leave if Manchester United came in for him, but now we know thatt's complete bollocks!

RichieGunns

coventry city as he was sort of born and bred here so put it in here :)

Nope he was born in Burundi and was brought over here by his family to get away from the troubles that are wrecking his country.

But yes he was bred here and has come to call this his home. It's why I hope he qualifies for the England squad as I'd love to see him playing for our national team one of these days.

Grendel

Nope he was born in Burundi and was brought over here by his family to get away from the troubles that are wrecking his country.

But yes he was bred here and has come to call this his home. It's why I hope he qualifies for the England squad as I'd love to see him playing for our national team one of these days.

Considering he's going to be worth more than the current midfield put together I would say that is a cast iron certainty.

Nick

Administrator

That is why I said "sort of" ;)

1nilandwe...

Is it really a bit off?
It seems that us giving him a chance and nurturing the raw talent was meaningless as like all modern day players his head was turned at the first opportunity for cash rather than to learn his trade with us and help get us back to where we should be.

I assume this is a wind-up right? Or are you just bitter?

If you were 18 or whatever he is, and a huge Premiership club came calling with all their amazing players and proper set of backroom staff, the best physios, coaches, facilities etc. and they were going to increase your pay by a significant margin, with a view to raising it by an ungodly margin, you can honestly say that you'd sit tight in Coventry and bumble around in League 1? And if indeed you would stay in Coventry, you're an A-grade plonker.

stupot07

I'm sure he said that God had sent him to Coventry for a purpose.......now he's at Newcastle.......

Well they do say he works in mysterious ways.....perhaps he thinks we're past being saved.

Sutty

He did reject Man United and Man City as a youngster to stay with us, but let's not let facts get in the way of a personal attack on an 18 year old kid shall we? ;)

Good luck to him, hope he does well.

Macca

I think it's a dig at the morons who claimed to know him and that he said he would NEVER leave. I say fairplay to him. He joins the legions of players who have left us to better things. Won t live long in my memory, such a short stay

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I for one will def be watching how he does and hope his career takes off with newcastle, he is living the dream we were a steping stone get with the programme nobody would turned that offer down he is a talent maybe newcastle can get more of him than we can best of luck bigi ill be watching closely prove the doubters wrong to why you left!!

Hugh Jarse

But don't forget he loves the City and would never move ....Fed up of reading about im tbh and couldn't care less if he gets injured or his career ends up going nowhere.Judas! :D

Hear, hear.

Bellend was the classic example of club loyalty. Would never desert the club he loved even if they got relegated. As soon as it was confirmed we were down he was off like hot shit off a shovel.

So Bigi, jog on there's a good fellow.

Joelly

Been watching city 12 years now. He is probably my favourite player during that time, I sign him on every fifa career and fm career.

He's only a year older than me and if I was a Coventry player with the chance to move to a club like Newcastle no matter how much I loved Coventry I would jump at the chance, AS WOULD 99% OF ALL COVENTRY FANS.

At professional football clubs the FANS are loyal, and even though the players may enjoy life at the club they will not be loyal in the same way we are as fan. They shouldnt be expected to.

I will definitely follow Bigi's career as a footballer, if there is anyone I want to see lift a Premier League Trophy in 10 years time it is Bigi, no matter who he plays for... except perhaps villa.

Macca

I m of an era when players hung about a bit longer so I don t really get attached to players these days

RichieGunns

He's only a year older than me and if I was a Coventry player with the chance to move to a club like Newcastle no matter how much I loved Coventry I would jump at the chance, AS WOULD 99% OF ALL FOOTBALL FANS!!.

I agree with this one. Bigi's career wouldn't have gone anywhere with us. Think of all the successful players that have left us for big clubs. It they hadn't have left then they may not have had the careers they've had or at least not as successul as fhey have been. True some have fallen by the way side but some have had glittering careers.

If they'd stayed it would have been like dragging their heals in the mud. We have to face facts, we're not a big club anymore. I still think its going to be years before we make it back to the premiership but I have enough common sense to realise these players are going to leave when an opportunity arises like this.

So instead of being bitter about it, be happy that these players are being given a chance to further their careers because as long as I've been a city fan, all we've ever been is a stepping stone. Maybe one day we can get over that hurdle and be a successful team because with success comes the ability to buy and retain fantastic players.

But until then, let's be realistic and stop moaning everytime one of our players leaves for pasture new!

Last edited:

Sky

Made his premier league debut today and already played twice in Europe this season... Anyone that said he'd never play within 3 years in the first team or anyone that thinks 1m was good buisness for him regret it yet :/?

Users who are viewing this thread