Match Thread Birmingham City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Apr (6 Viewers)

covcity4life

Terrible performance. Really really poor. Birmingham players just wanted it more. Pressed with more intent. Tackled harder etc

Thought lati mve and sheaf were sloppy. Palmer never in the game. Wright unlucky with shot hit bar but shite otherwise

Thomas and kithcing going through a poor run

I guess only saving grace is that alot of the players are young and still to improve.

But today it's disappointing

Otis

If we finish between 9th and 11th how would that be a fab season
It will be, because we had a great run after an awful start and we have made it to a cup semi final.

We were superb against Leicester, Leeds and Wolves. I am very proud of the team and it looks like we now have a great foundation to build upon for next year

Brighton Sky Blue

Should apply for the job when he leaves if it's that straightforward!
I don't mean it that way, but when essentially 9 of your starting 11 are that poor and can't use injury as an excuse, what do you gain from looking at the minutiae? He felt able to criticise the mentality on Tuesday, but not today.

oscillatewildly

Went down the Spires to watch it. A rather rotund lady came over to speak to a friend midway through the second half, blocking my view of the screen.
I briefly thought about moving to re-establish my initial good capture of the game.

Grendel

It will be, because we had a great run after an awful start and we have made it to a cup semi final.

We were superb against Leicester, Leeds and Wolves. I am very proud of the team and it looks like we now have a great foundation to build upon for next year

We only beat 1 superior team to Wembley

Every team will sign new players.

We spent well over £20 million and have gone backwards

Sky Blue Harry H

I don't mean it that way, but when essentially 9 of your starting 11 are that poor and can't use injury as an excuse, what do you gain from looking at the minutiae? He felt able to criticise the mentality on Tuesday, but not today.
Fair enough - for clarity, is Wright carrying an injury, or is it conjecture?

pusbccfc

It's also only the second time in the clubs history that we've got this far in the cup. Forget who we have and haven't beaten.

Ultimately, we've spent money to help us compete in a far, far better division than last season. We also lost two players who completely carried the side last year.

bigfatronssba

Man Utd have also only beat 1 superior team to get there.

Not all new players are equal

We haven’t gone backwards

shepardo01

We have pretty much the same points as last season; maintained a cup run to the semi-finals. How is that going backwards?
We've lost more games than we did last season.
We got 71 points last season. We currently have 63. With games coming up against Ipswich and Hull, can you see us getting 8+ points?
The end point of the season will almost certainly indicate a backwards step.

Brighton Sky Blue

Man Utd have also only beat 1 superior team to get there.

Not all new players are equal

We haven’t gone backwards
We will in terms of points total and league position. Unless you think 4 dead rubber games, two against teams who haven't bottled their respective challenges, are going to afford 8+ points.

Matt smith

Think we need two attacking midfielders now rather than just the one. Palmer is simply not what we need.
Palmer is definitely fine for the squad he can be v good and make us tick; even though goals and assists or lack of is a fair counter argument

we need a better first choice 10 though, I agree

bigfatronssba

We will in terms of points total and league position. Unless you think 4 dead rubber games, two against teams who haven't bottled their respective challenges, are going to afford 8+ points.

League position is in part dependent on the opposition. It’s a more difficult league this year.

We’re still better than this time last season in terms of points

Matt smith

We got 71 points last season. We currently have 63. With games coming up against Ipswich and Hull, can you see us getting 8+ points?
A backwards step to go on a positive trend for the next 3/4 seasons though

even though today was fucking shite and jury is out on a couple

bigfatronssba

We got 70 points last season

Hulls recent form is worse than ours

Grendel

Palmer is definitely fine for the squad he can be v good and make us tick; even though goals and assists or lack of is a fair counter argument

Hes useless

Brighton Sky Blue

League position is in part dependent on the opposition. It’s a more difficult league this year.

We’re still better than this time last season in terms of points
We won't end it better in all probability. Might win one more game of the remainder, that's it.

Brighton Sky Blue

He's traditionally been best against lesser sides. Today against a shit team in the drop zone he's again anonymous.

Deity

But we are building a team of young players with potential that we own …. In that regard it’s a season of progress

pusbccfc

Blues fans were loud in spells today but those chants about the owner were cringe.

They are selling their soul aren't they? Spent years telling everyone they are a proper club etc.

Users who are viewing this thread