Blackburn pre match and half time music (2 Viewers)

steveo1987

A bit of a random post , hats off to the person in charge of the music , Stone Roses, Charlatans, Sham 69, Oasis, Faithless , Underworld. Nice change from the usual entertainment on offer.

Covcraig@bury

A bit of a random post , hats off to the person in charge of the music , Stone Roses, Charlatans, Sham 69, Oasis, Faithless , Underworld. Nice change from the usual entertainment on offer.
Must admit it was pretty good selection of tunes but wasted on them pigeon breeders

messiahrobins

Hull City's was best...absolutely banging, like being at a proper rave down the Eclipse!

blunted

I'm probably in a minority of one but, give me new music with a few old favourites that raise the atmosphere. Music used to be really shit at football grounds with brass and marching bands the norm.
Jimmy Hill introduced Sky Blue Radio ( a first again for the maestro of innovation). The others followed. The music then was contemporary not a nostalgic look to 20 or 30 years previously. Where is the innovation now? I've heard Right Here, Right Now, Let Me Entertain You and Chelsea Dagger etc all over the show. It took a long while for Seven Nation Army to catch on. The Blackburn gut is stuck in a time warp which I accept will appeal to a lot of supporters will relate too, as it is their era.
I know We Live And Die in These Towns is not all that recent, but a classic example of newer tunes making a difference.
With the exception of Sweet Caroline, I bet the players listen to a more contemporary mix.
If you want to be the coolest club around get with a modern programme.
Head firmly placed below the barricade.

skyblue1991

Feel sorry for Boosh for not having Little Mix, Mimi Webb and Harry Styles on the playlist

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

I'm probably in a minority of one but, give me new music with a few old favourites that raise the atmosphere. Music used to be really shit at football grounds with brass and marching bands the norm.
Jimmy Hill introduced Sky Blue Radio ( a first again for the maestro of innovation). The others followed. The music then was contemporary not a nostalgic look to 20 or 30 years previously. Where is the innovation now? I've heard Right Here, Right Now, Let Me Entertain You and Chelsea Dagger etc all over the show. It took a long while for Seven Nation Army to catch on. The Blackburn gut is stuck in a time warp which I accept will appeal to a lot of supporters will relate too, as it is their era.
I know We Live And Die in These Towns is not all that recent, but a classic example of newer tunes making a difference.
With the exception of Sweet Caroline, I bet the players listen to a more contemporary mix.
If you want to be the coolest club around get with a modern programme.
Head firmly placed below the barricade.

Its more a reflection of the modern music industry. There is no single popular music genre anymore. You don't get those songs anymore that everyone likes and you hear everywhere you go.

Modern technology allows every genre to be available to everyone at all times. As evidenced by Vera Lynn getting to number 1 a few years ago

Users who are viewing this thread