Match Thread Blackburn Rovers - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 27th Apr (6 Viewers)

skyblu3sk

Never a red, plenty of cover and miles from goal. Debatable it was even a foul. Harsh on Kitching
I think if you watch it back you won't think a foul is harsh. Red or yellow debatable but obviously deliberate.

Brighton Sky Blue

Ipswich will have plenty of fun next week that's for sure. Hope they enjoy their promotion party Tuesday

TomRad85

The individual player stats generally always show Sheaf as one of the best players in his position in the division don't they.. I agree the stats don't tell all, but the eye test tells you he's very good too. A very classy player.
That said, if we can sell high, we probably have to do it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Ah, insults. No actual arguments then.

He's fantastic in our own half for the most part (not that we conceded today), going forwards not so much. The love in is weird. How many assists has he got this season, in a free scoring team? Pretty sure that's zero.

People don't want to even have a conversation about the fact our form is black and white with him versus out. Of course there will be various denominators, but the fact no one can even debate sensibly speaks volumes.

The arguments are 1) you can see how good he is, defensively, attack wise, breaking play up, passing range, even an eye for goal every now and again,

2) he is one of the best, if not (and at one stage this season THE best) midfielders in the league - the stats say so, not me,

3) there are 10 other players on the pitch, in both cases, and you can’t rely on your stat to show whether he’s good or bad because of that fact

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Oh, you don’t need to check for yourself? To ensure you’re not wrong. 🤣

Yes, mate, of course, make the assumption that I said he’s shit. Grow up.

check what? I’m not saying the stat is made up, I’m saying that it’s a nonsense to say that Sheaf is bad based on what was quoted, whether true or not it doesn’t really make a difference

TomRad85

Worried about Norwich potentially having nothing to play for final day, also Plymouth being completely awful, as Blues going down is the only joy I can hope for this season now.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Boicey

On Sheaf I think many do over rate him.
He’s the best we have, with a quality air about him but he isn’t yet a great forward passer, isn’t a great defender and isn’t that consistent. I’m not sure he’s a very vocal leader either on the pitch either, although he has respect.
I think he will get there and has plenty of potential. But he isn’t there yet.

No idea why we are discussing Sheaf who didn’t play and is the best midfielder we have.

bigfatronssba

Will only happen if we have a stronger squad. Robins is a very good manager but not a miracle worker.

There isn’t really any excuse for the current squad being play off capable (other than a bit more depth)

pusbccfc

I still reckon we'll beat them...somehow!

We will unless a referee decides to disallow a goal or give a red or give a penalty for a tackle 4 feet outside the box

CCFCSteve

Im as frustrated as anyone but some of the comments on here are way OTT

Just played 3.5 games in 6 days, players ran themselves into the ground trying and in my view beating, one of the biggest clubs in the world a few days ago, players dropping like flies and all some can do is give the team/players a kicking getting an away draw playing with 10 men for 30 mins against a team fighting for their lives ?!

When did we become such an entitled fanbase ? Leeds lost 4-0 against QPR, West Brom 3-0 v Sheff Weds, Southampton lost to Cardiff and Stoke recently, Leicester lost to both Plymouth and Milwall in the last week or two and there’s been loads of other examples of end of seasons shocks/poor results*. And that’s clubs who haven’t had to play 120+mins at Wembley against a Prem team and some much bigger more expensive squads. Anyone can beat anyone in this league if you’re not 100% fit and on it

*Man Utd who were apparently fine after the semi final drawing at home against the mighty Burnley ?!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread