Match Thread Blackburn Rovers - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 27th Apr (5 Viewers)

Gynnsthetonic

Just home from the game...i take it no point reading this thread as its all negative?
I was proud of the lads today, nothing to realistically play for yet the the way they fought to the bitter end with 10 men ifought was really commendable given they are literally out on their feet.
Will be champions next season. Mark my words.
Love your enthusiasm!

messiahrobins

Love your enthusiasm!
Genuinely think will be us and Burnley vying for the title next season. We havent yet seen the best of this team, and at times we have looked unplayable so next season id think we will be alot better.
We do need more depth which im assuming will be addressed this summer.

Mucca Mad Boys

I’d have been happy if today was game 46. It’s so glaringly obvious that we’ve burnt out.

Even as a fan, I’m burnt out, let alone the players!

A lot of positives to take from this campaign and we’re close to having the quality needed to challenge next season!

Grendel

Best get Steve Evans in then

stevefloyd

Not sure if anyone else mentioned it but..

Godden, Kelly, Allen and Bidwell stood together after game and said goodbye to fans. Shocked by Bidwell.

Fadz did as well !
Don't mind Godden Kelly and Allen going but Bidwell is still more than useful, would rather Da Silva go but some fool gave him a longer contract

ProfessorbyGrace

check what? I’m not saying the stat is made up, I’m saying that it’s a nonsense to say that Sheaf is bad based on what was quoted, whether true or not it doesn’t really make a difference
You’re simply not getting the point. I haven’t said he’s a bad player, just that I think that the statistical evidence of what impact he has on the team (overall, result-wise) would be interesting to see.

I was trying to illustrate that, like someone else mentioned, someone’s opinion or view can often be clouded by a personal view.
not sure, suggests city because of the badge but it could well be all clubs

I’m assuming you’ve not read the posts on this thread regarding ‘stats’ then…
…and you still haven’t checked the validity of the original point made, by cross checking Sheafs involvement with overall team form, before making another petulant outburst.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

You’re simply not getting the point. I haven’t said he’s a bad player, just that I think that the statistical evidence of what impact he has on the team (overall, result-wise) would be interesting to see.

I was trying to illustrate that, like someone else mentioned, someone’s opinion or view can often be clouded by a personal view.

…and you still haven’t checked the validity of the original point made, by cross checking Sheafs involvement with overall team form, before making another petulant outburst.
someone’s opinion is always ‘clouded by’ personal opinion you plonker, that’s why it’s a personal opinion….

my point (which I’d hardly call a petulant outburst, but whatever) is that most stats don’t really give a true picture and if you rely on one stat to show something it’s more likely than not to be a nonsense

…and in terms of your point about his involvement and overall team form, other than maybe the fact as captain he should pull other players up and motivate them, you can’t surely be suggesting what the team do is as a direct result of how he plays? that’s what makes it an almost meaningless stat, so there’s no point cross referencing - the only real meaningful numbers are how he performs in games, and I seem to recall these are on the whole excellent.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

by the way, having now checked this stat I’m not sure how you can take anything from it….

Ben Sheaf In - W11, D8, L10

Ben Sheaf Out - W6, D5, L4

So this season (roughly)…

we’ve won over a third of games with him in, and over a third with him out

and we’ve lost a third with him in, and a quarter with him out

which tells us…? 🤔

Frostie

by the way, having now checked this stat I’m not sure how you can take anything from it….

which tells us…? 🤔

That Kai Andrews is our most important player, 100% win record.

Deity

Why did Robins have 2 keepers in the bench ??

a wasted opportunity for another outfield academy player.

if he wanted to give the young keeper some match day experience put him in the bench instead of Wilson.

Mucca Mad Boys

Stated the other day that Kitching isnt the level expected from within the club let alone us fans

Another example..

Just out of curiosity, why has Robins not really dropped Kitching? Especially given that we’d ideally make Binks a permanent signing.

I’m not doubting the info, but it just seems strange they have these concerns and continued playing him.

Saddlebrains

Just out of curiosity, why has Robins not really dropped Kitching? Especially given that we’d ideally make Binks a permanent signing.

I’m not doubting the info, but it just seems strange they have these concerns and continued playing him.

2 fold really. Even though we would like Binks, and Binks wants to stay, Bologna seem to think he deserves a huge joke price tag so the chances are minimal

Secondly, with the outlay on him, the club dont want to throw 4.5 million away without working as much as possible with him.

The frustration seems to be his pace on the turn back towards goal, he is slow to react on players making a curved well timed run (eg Stansfield for blues 3rd, and a few times before) and fitness levels are not where they need to be, which after 8 months here isn't great

We wont be selling him, and we will still be working to have him and Thomas as our starting partnership come August with a full pre season behind them and a proper rest

Brighton Sky Blue

2 fold really. Even though we would like Binks, and Binks wants to stay, Bologna seem to think he deserves a huge joke price tag so the chances are minimal

Secondly, with the outlay on him, the club dont want to throw 4.5 million away without working as much as possible with him.

The frustration seems to be his pace on the turn back towards goal, he is slow to react on players making a curved well timed run (eg Stansfield for blues 3rd, and a few times before) and fitness levels are not where they need to be, which after 8 months here isn't great

We wont be selling him, and we will still be working to have him and Thomas as our starting partnership come August with a full pre season behind them and a proper rest
Can’t argue with any of that to be fair and it’s a real pity about Binks.

stevefloyd

To be absolutely fair to him its match fitness he wants and he wasn't played regularly so we probably haven't seen him at his absolute best

fernandopartridge

Presumably to be filed in the same drawer as the "none of the squad rate any of the new signings" stuff from early on in the season

Grendel

Grendel

Might not prove to be the case in time, though it has seemed high so far.

It’s a huge fee for a league 1 centre back. If you believe the fee it’s higher than MVE

skyblue_55

One way out of this melee , might be player swops , with the likes of Peterborough ?
There play off chances ( if they fall short ) might be a way of offering some of our players as part payment for their seemingly ‘ up & coming ‘ stars ?

ProfessorbyGrace

which tells us
I’ll check the stats myself and get back to you, as I prefer to find out firsthand. However, getting the time to do so is rare.

I do believe, however, Earlsdon was referring to his overall involvement, from his first season here. As that would give a clearer indication of what he was claiming, if indeed it’s true.

CCFCSteve

Dasilva has been excellent last few. Has a higher ceiling than Bidwell and suits our attacking play more IMO.

Agreed. I’d just keep them both and go horses for courses depending on opposition and/or match situation. Bigger priorities for cash to be spent elsewhere.

I still believe that the core of this squad with some more depth plus one or two quality signings, should be challenging next year

Users who are viewing this thread