Blame Game (1 Viewer)

tippex9

So in conclusion to the King saga, looking at forums and social networking sites the club and Mr Brody coming in for a lot of flack but this is how i see it. The club were open and told us what the situation was, something fans have been screaming for over past 12 months. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Although I do think openess should only apply to signings when the ink is dry.

What troubles me is King, this man gave his word then went back on it. He played the PR game with 'I love the fans' then walked out after giving his word to the club and he knew it was public. City fans took a lot of flack over him signing and we stood firm, he repays us with national embarrassment. This episode just gives us a stark reminder to the contact of his character, his word is worthless. Be it in court, in the press, to his wife or to us fans and the club, words come easy!

The main thing to remember is, tomorrow morning the club will still be there and we werent doing so bad before King signed last year. Life goes on....

CovScott88

Yes, the club were a tad premature in revealing that MK had agreed to sign, but I think the flack that Leonard Brody is getting is a bit harsh.
The board said that they were going to be as transparent as possible, which they were, but it looks like it has bitten them on the bum this time. As you say Tippex, damned if they do, damned if they don't. They made a mistake, but at the end of the day, who could blame them. If someone tells them something like MK did, who would think that he would go back on his word.

torchomatic

Fans kept bleating that they wanted to be kept informed snd that is exactly what they did. Our is not their fault that King decided to go where the deal offered to him was better. I won't be attacking the club or King.

All the fools on twitter are moaning that they were lied that the club is an embarassment...etc, etc. nothing changes...

torchomatic

The only mistake the club made was trying too hard to keep the fans informed.

Chipfat

When all settles i think fans will look and see the club tried to keep him but the money and the age of the player has made him sign a better offer. Some will say greed, no loyalty and immoral and others will say fair play, as we would all do the same thing in the players position.

I fall on the fair play, because if anyone is looking for moral standard in modern day footballers you are looking in the wrong place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. As for the club i would not blame them they took a mans word made the statment and its gone wrong, if they have had said nothing we would be jumping on them for not trying hard enough to sign him..they cant win if we are all being honest....

covey1987

We will probably never know the ins & outs of what has gone on & I agree with the comments already made on this thread. The fans seem to be very quick to blame the club but only yesterday morning MK's agent or advisor (no one seems to know what he is, including himself!!!) stated to CWR that there was no contact with Birmingham!! yet next day he is apparently having a medical. it seems to me that it isnt our Board who are playing games here and that if anything the city management and board have been too trusting and transparent.

Nick

Administrator
How do we know he agreed to sign? Has King come out in the press and said "I have agreed to sign"?

How do we know it was a verbal agreement? How do we know he didn't just say "Yes that looks a great offer but I will think about it?"

If somebody offered me a job on 10k a year and then somebody else came along and said "Actually mate, I will give you £15-£20k a year" then I know where I would go.

Who makes public statements and bigs them up on a verbal agreement anyway? Surely it should have waited until the ink had dried on the contract? Didn't Brody also say there was no truth in the Birmingham Rumours too?

Godiva

How do we know he agreed to sign? Has King come out in the press and said "I have agreed to sign"?

How do we know it was a verbal agreement? How do we know he didn't just say "Yes that looks a great offer but I will think about it?"

If somebody offered me a job on 10k a year and then somebody else came along and said "Actually mate, I will give you £15-£20k a year" then I know where I would go.

Who makes public statements and bigs them up on a verbal agreement anyway? Surely it should have waited until the ink had dried on the contract? Didn't Brody also say there was no truth in the Birmingham Rumours too?

Have King signed for Brum yet?

torchomatic

His agent also said there wasnt any truth in the brum rumour too.

tippex9

The money isn't the issue, of course most of us would sign for the highest bidder but not after giving your word. That's dishonest and disrespectful to all of us, fans and club.

If he wanted more money, fine. Just walk and most of us would have accepted it as his contract was up but he said he was staying then jumped on a new offer just days later.

If your word has no value then your character has only questions but we should've known that really. Goals cloud reasonable judgement.

Chipfat

We all knew and to be fair to King he did say he will make no promises or give false hope but all would be decided on securing his futre for his family. The only promise he made was given the reception he has had at the club he will be thinking about any contract seriously.

When you work out the difference that 2 year deal at 10.000 max to a 3 years at 15.000 ,, its an easy decision and we would all do the same. And if you go home to a family at night which i do, i for one would give anything and everything i have to make sure my daughter has the best life...... So let all think before we slag him off as he never has came out and said he would sign....

Also the club have done the best they could, so no blame there just plan football and econimics,, no heros, no working class game just massive massive business!!!.

sky_blue_up_north

If King has not promised to sign for use Andy Thorn and the Board have lied...

tippex9

I guarantee King will deny it.

Can’t believe what im reading on this thread.
2 things you’ve got to look at. One when it comes to transfers etc... the club should keep cards lose to their chest. When we ask for better comms, we mean on the financial front not transfers.
Second, the club should have waited before pen was paper before saying ANYTHING.
So in my opinion the club were wrong on two things.
Looks like the spin doctor brody has most of you sussed.

crowsnest

Can’t believe what im reading on this thread.
2 things you’ve got to look at. One when it comes to transfers etc... the club should keep cards lose to their chest. When we ask for better comms, we mean on the financial front not transfers.
Second, the club should have waited before pen was paper before saying ANYTHING.
So in my opinion the club were wrong on two things.
Looks like the spin doctor brody has most of you sussed.

Isn't that one thing?

Anyway, Clouting was on the radio last Friday and said that Marlons agent was going to release the info to the press and this is why city decided to announce the news.
But it looks like the agent was using the press get more interest and city fell for it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/coventry_city/9503654.stm

Isn't that one thing?

Anyway, Clouting was on the radio last Friday and said that Marlons agent was going to release the info to the press and this is why city decided to announce the news.
But it looks like the agent was using the press get more interest and city fell for it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/coventry_city/9503654.stm

No deffo 2 things.

1) Don't disclose any transfer info whatsoever in or out going.
2) Only announce a signing once its official.

As for his agent, yes he's played us for a fool but schoolboy error annoucing something which was not a done deal.

If that's how you want your club run, then its never gonna improve.

Users who are viewing this thread