BLOK Club presents PRESSURE BLOK (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
[]Not sure how many people know about this so thought I'd post it on here :) Should be a good night!
BLOK.jpg

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Wen't there on Saturday total waste of night utter garbage place and Nick it's the old Jolly Beggars club near Rileys and Mercia.

Jimthor

I think it's heartbreaking to see what that building has become. As someone with involvement in the British wrestling scene, i best know the Tam O'Shanter / Jolly Beggar as an iconic building where friends of mine have shed sweat and in many cases blood for wrestling's biggest cult following in Britain. Even the current WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan has wrestled upstairs there!

The last match to ever take place in the building especially showed the emotion attached to it, when Zack Sabre Jr won the company's championship, and then told of his love for "this bastard building" before dedicating his victory to his recently-deceased mentor and British wrestling legend Andre Baker. (For anyone interested in that, there's a highlights video of the match followed by Zack's post-match speech in full on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Uz9wuuGDc).

So, after everything that's happened in there, to see it become just another soulless club is pretty hard to take!

ccfctommy

I think it's heartbreaking to see what that building has become. As someone with involvement in the British wrestling scene, i best know the Tam O'Shanter / Jolly Beggar as an iconic building where friends of mine have shed sweat and in many cases blood for wrestling's biggest cult following in Britain. Even the current WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan has wrestled upstairs there!

The last match to ever take place in the building especially showed the emotion attached to it, when Zack Sabre Jr won the company's championship, and then told of his love for "this bastard building" before dedicating his victory to his recently-deceased mentor and British wrestling legend Andre Baker. (For anyone interested in that, there's a highlights video of the match followed by Zack's post-match speech in full on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Uz9wuuGDc).

So, after everything that's happened in there, to see it become just another soulless club is pretty hard to take!

Interesting post, knew they did wrestling there but never aware of the history of the building.

However I think the city needs a new nightclub, ther nightlife here is quite poor really.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Interesting post, knew they did wrestling there but never aware of the history of the building.

However I think the city needs a new nightclub, ther nightlife here is quite poor really.

I was in there on saturday night, not the best but it was about the most packed place on the night, Coventry nightlife is as dead as the football team!!

Gallagher

Been here once before, was nothing special in my opinion, but offers something a little different. As mentioned Coventry does need a new nightclub and an alternative to Jaks or the Colly is very much welcomed.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Been here once before, was nothing special in my opinion, but offers something a little different. As mentioned Coventry does need a new nightclub and an alternative to Jaks or the Colly is very much welcomed.

AGREED! :pimp:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
it's just a frustrating city to live in right now, no-one turning up at the ricoh on saturday afternoons and no-one going out on saturday nights

cov_russell

Facebook User
Went there for new years eve. The crowd is basically the same as it is in scholars. The club didn't really have any memorable features.

Users who are viewing this thread