Board to discuss Hoffman bid on Friday? (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Look, we can only go on what we know about any new owners. They've promised to buy the first half of the ground immediately, and strenthen the squad (we know the present owners won't do this anytime soon, and have lied about doing this to maximise season ticket sales). "Where's the proof !?" you cry...well how exactly do you expect them to prove anything at this stage? The proof of Hoffmans pudding will be in the eating.

As to those who say this consortium is making all the same promises as SISU did, so what's to guarantee they won't break them? Yeah, that'd work well for them, wouldn't it? They'd lose a huge wad of cash into a bottomless pit, whilst gaining nothing in return. Just like SISU now. Why would they do that? I honestly can't see anyone planning to take the club off SISU only to proceed to make exactly the same mistakes. They certainly won't be working with a "month-to-month" budget like SISU-there will be a 3-5 year plan. Not like the mysterious "Premiership in 2 years" Brody plan, either; this one will actually exist, shock!

Gary Hoffman is a Coventry City fan. Why did he resign from the board again? Because the board were continuously acting in what he saw as contrary to CCFC's interests. In particular, the flogging of players against the managers wishes-culminating in the Thomas loan to Liverpool just as we found ourselves with a gaping hole in centre-mid. I think I have onehelluva lot more in common with him and Joe as far as how I think the club should be run.

Still having trouble working out the "oh, poor SISU" brigade. Venture capitalists ask for no symapthy and will get none from me. I understand peoples right to an opinion; I just really have no idea how anyone could possibly prefer more of this against the possibility of some hope. Just what has Gary Hoffnan done to p you all off?!? :thinking about:

I totally understand your optimism about the Hoff and the reverse about SISU, but can't you see it's the exact same promises. He's not said he'd invest in the team, he's said he'd invest £20m in the club, that is word for word what SISU promised. He's said he'd like to purchase the ground, again word for word what SISU promised.

Basically all you've got is the fact that he's a City fan, except you forget that he's not the one with the money. He was on the board with SISU as well, who's to say he won't quit when this lot of faceless moneymen decide to sell our young players for profit, or whatever. I'd also argue that it means absolutely nothing, Robinson is a City fan, most on here wouldn't have him near our club again. Elliot is a City fan, he's been involved with every single awful board we've had in recent years.

I'm not saying it'll be awful and all fall apart, but we seem to be making the exact same mistakes as fans again and not asking the tough questions of a seeming white knight because we assume he can't be any worse than the current lot.

I think we all want the same: a stable and successful future for our club. I hope beyond hope that Hoffman comes in, buys the stadium, gives Thorn a decent budget and starts moving us forward. I'd just like to see a bit of professionalism and accountability from the start from people who are intending to run the club we all love so much.

Godiva

I think we all want the same: a stable and successful future for our club. I hope beyond hope that Hoffman comes in, buys the stadium, gives Thorn a decent budget and starts moving us forward. I'd just like to see a bit of professionalism and accountability from the start from people who are intending to run the club we all love so much.

I agree on all you said in your post, but the sentence I have highlighted is where you really hit the nail.

Most people does not seem to understand, that our current owners - SISU - are actually very professionel in what they do. They where behind the business plan and the budget from start, but we can only blame the management for not delivering on the plans.

Now we have a new management and SISU have said they are funding the club to move on. There may be a lot of talks of administration and SISU running out of money, but can we trust this talk coming from somebody who wants to buy the club or their friends who facilitate the spin getting headlines and lots of space in the CT. Or can we trust rumors on this board from new posters who suddenly popped up when Hoffman started his take-over adventure?

I don't think the Hoffman brigade is acting very professionel and responsible. There are clearly a lot of bad blood and anger between Hoffman and SISU - probably started long ago when we sold Dann/Fox as a consequence of poor budget control ... 'Love of football' clashed with 'professional moneymen'.

The 'bad blood' thing may very well mean the deal is all-or-nothing. The sad thing is that the club would most likely profit most if SISU and Hoffman-brigade teamed up. Instead of spending 20-25mio on paying out SISU, that money could be used so much better invested in the stadium and in the team.

I wish people would use their energy to push the parties towards a joint venture instead of trying to oust one or the other. With them together the club will stand much, much stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread