Bobby Thomas & Ellis Simms (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Are 22 and the youngest players in the first team squad along with Binks and Tavares, bar: Ayari (in on loan) and Howley (out on loan) (both 20)

I feel like this gets forgotten (including by me) too often.

Evo1883

Are 22 and the youngest players in the first team squad along with Binks and Tavares, bar: Ayari (in on loan) and Howley (out on loan) (both 20)

I feel like this gets forgotten (including by me) too often.

I still think we have to find a way to get the CFs more involved in our new system ..

Godden and Simms both struggling with the role although I think simms pace gives him the edge and obviously has age on his side

That miss Monday sums him up atm .. it will come

fernandopartridge

I still think we have to find a way to get the CFs more involved in our new system ..

Godden and Simms both struggling with the role although I think simms pace gives him the edge and obviously has age on his side

That miss Monday sums him up atm .. it will come
I don't think the miss was that easy a chance, it did sit up a bit. If he'd have scored you'd say it was a great finish.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Offhegoes

Simms is really developing now. His interchanges with O'Hare in particular are great, and he's not just a athletic finisher, as it looked in the early games.
Godden I am afraid looks a little lost (and has done since this time last year). I don't think he's any less of a player, but he played best at the top of the box formation with O'Hare, Allen & Hamer feeding him through balls in the box.

mmttww

Also seem to remember the average age of the starting XI is 25-26, so the group is all in a sweet spot where after a couple of years with this core, they'll all be entering their prime together. Should mean we'll only improve each season, and won't have to replace a chunk of the first XI each summer.

Last edited:

AOM

Think Simms in particular hasn't been helped with the price tag that came with him.
He's the same age as Tavares who is still seen as a player for development, but as we've paid £4 million or so for Simms, he's come with the expectation he's already the finished article.
He's got all the attributes to be a great player, but I think he needs a lot more consistent game time in our system

Mucca Mad Boys

Personally, I think it’s a systems issue rather than a personnel one at this moment in time.

First half against Middlesbrough, we were playing too safe in possession at times and not advancing the ball. Lo and behold, Simms isn’t involved in the game.

Second half, we play balls in behind the defence for Simms to run in onto. Lo and behold, he was a lot more involved and was a nuisance before Wright got his payback and pinched his goal.

Overall, we need to brave and put passes in behind defences for all of our forward players to run onto. We’ve got pace and energy in all of them.

Disclaimer: I was glad both Simms and Wright pinch each others goals - both showed good strikers instincts to finish the chance.

SkyBlueMatt

I think Simms would work as a wide striker like Wright, it would get him on the ball more.

When Simms gets his feet under the table (1G 1A last couple of games will help). It could be quite a fluid system, if we're struggling in a game. Wright, Simms & Saka could switch it up.

Simms & Wright could can play across the front three. Saka could switch between left and right.

hamertime

Simms will never been prolific he’s very similar to Tyler Walker but a bit faster. The one over the bar at Middlesbrough was horrific. Wright has been better wide, he’s contributing to a lot. This team doesn’t really need an out and out striker as goals are coming from everywhere. We just need someone better than Simms.

Speedies_Chips

Simms will never been prolific he’s very similar to Tyler Walker but a bit faster. The one over the bar at Middlesbrough was horrific. Wright has been better wide, he’s contributing to a lot. This team doesn’t really need an out and out striker as goals are coming from everywhere. We just need someone better than Simms.
It wasn’t “horrific” at all. The ball was at a difficult height and he had a defender on him. If he had tucked it away it would have been an excellent. Horrific my arse.

Sick Boy

What? How’s he like Tyler Walker?

robbiekeane

He’s literally nothing like Tyler Walker

hamertime

He’s literally nothing like Tyler Walker
93 career appearances 24 career goals, even I didn’t need a calculator to add them up from Wikipedia. Most of them games in the lower leagues. Stats don’t lie and they won’t change that’s what he is.

mmttww

Had to remind myself why I had this person on Ignore. Didn't take long to remember why. 'Edgy Takes', innit.

shmmeee

Saka cross Wright knock down volley from simms over the bar

These are the chances I have for Simms:

IMG_0657.jpeg

Header wide left, wasn’t that.

IMG_0658.jpeg

Left foot, angle looks right and went over. This is the one I think it is.

IMG_0659.jpeg

This is the one just before Wright scored.

IMG_0660.jpeg

Mayeb this one? But it says blocked. Was by far his best chance tho 🤷🏻‍♂️

robbiekeane

These are the chances I have for Simms:

View attachment 33101

Header wide left, wasn’t that.

View attachment 33102

Left foot, angle looks right and went over. This is the one I think it is.

View attachment 33103

This is the one just before Wright scored.

View attachment 33104

Mayeb this one? But it says blocked. Was by far his best chance tho 🤷🏻‍♂️
That’s the rebound of the wright goal I think. He shot from o hares cross, keeper saved, then he shot again and wright nudged it in

Users who are viewing this thread