Transfer Rumour Bobby Thomas (2 Viewers)

Greggs

May 8, 2012
Is it Robert, but he calls himself Bobby?

• Haha
Reactions: vow

Greggs

May 8, 2012
bitter and twisted weirdo

players are being warned away from him as well
I wonder if his ego will stop him attending games now he can't host his mates in the box. I imagine his pride will be battered if he has to sit in amongst us. Saying that, I have no clue what he looks like.

slowpoke

Apr 24, 2015
Latibeaudiere was playing LCB in a 3 at the back end of 21/22 for Swansea. Potentially could be Lati - Fadz - Thomas but like others have said we'll probably be adding a couple more in that position.

New CB - Thomas - Lati is probably the long term goal
Joel L Alsos happy at cdm so if in a back three I reckon he will be more suited central, whatever with those two we need a good lcb for balance and we need a rwb, get these positions things will be looking good imo.
Concentrate on a second striker then as a partner for Simms.

Reactions: twistandshout

SkyBlueMatt

Feb 20, 2013
Christ, we're a right bunch of whingers.

Sky Sports always includes add-ons in their figures (hence Simms @ 8mil). Either way, in hindsight most people on her would be very happy if we had spent 2mil on McNally last year instead of a loan.

I'm confident Robins and his team know what they're doing. He's 22, when he comes in and has a solid season, you'll all be happy.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

fatso

Jun 19, 2017
Christ, we're a right bunch of whingers.

Sky Sports always includes add-ons in their figures (hence Simms @ 8mil). Either way, in hindsight most people on her would be very happy if we had spent 2mil on McNally last year instead of a loan.

I'm confident Robins and his team know what they're doing. He's 22, when he comes in and has a solid season, you'll all be happy.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
Yet again I ask, who is whinging????

No ones whinging. people are expressing their shock at the (alleged) price for a lad who hasn't played above league 1.

What in that is whinging????

No doubt these people will be cancelled and have their bank accounts closed next.
This place is unbelievable at times!!!

Clearly clubs know we have funds and are holding us to ransom. (If the rumoured fee is true, which I doubt)

Last edited:

Finham

Dec 17, 2019
So he’s right footed and played exclusively in a back three last season - is he being signed as Fadz’s ultimate replacement in the middle? Barton mentioned him as not being suited to an ‘outside CB’ position but not sure where he played for Barnsley.
He's a rugged looking lad and from up North-I'm sure he can grow into a bit of a Fadz over time!

napolimp

Sep 2, 2014
I reckon that as long as we sign talented players with potential, Robins and the team will get the best out of them regardless of who they are - or where they played last season.

Reactions: Martin180

Finham

Dec 17, 2019
Fuck me, we could sign prime Messi, with him being delivered to us by a naked Margot Robbie in a skyblue Ferrari and some of you would still whinge.
Christ no!:

"The main thing, though, is the godawful smug smirk that she just has at all times. Like the classic year 9 mean girl sneer, just vaguely masked by whatever version of wide-eyed coquette face she's making at the time. How is this not irritating to everyone?"

hamil99

Facebook User
Aug 18, 2010
Exeter
We don’t know what the breakdown is yet. Could be £500k with the rest in bonuses. Just like Simms hasn’t actually cost us £8m.

That was my thoughts exactly. We probably paid £900,000 to £1 million for him, with the rest coming in bonuses. And you can almost guarantee that one of the bonuses will be if we are promoted to the Premier League. So, I hope we do end up paying £2 million for him, just like I hope we end up paying £8 million for Simms, because then we would be in the Premier League, and those fees would seem almost trivial.

slowpoke

Apr 24, 2015
If we sign McNally I think it would signal Joel L being rwb but Robins has intimated him playing CB.
Personally I think the signing of Roberts has signalled we ain’t going for McNally.

fatso

Jun 19, 2017
Isn't the fee quoted exactly what Burnley paid for McNally from the same league? If we've done our homework on him, don't see the issue with the fee.
They are far better off than we are, having been in the Premier league recently, and having the parachute payments, where as we were in league 2 until quite recently.

£2 million to them is a lot less of a dent to their budget than it is to ours.

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Coventry
Yet again I ask, who is whinging????

No ones whinging. people are expressing their shock at the (alleged) price for a lad who hasn't played above league 1.

What in that is whinging????

No doubt these people will be cancelled and have their bank accounts closed next.
This place is unbelievable at times!!!

Clearly clubs know we have funds and are holding us to ransom. (If the rumoured fee is true, which I doubt)
To be fair , burnley paid the same for a player with LESS league 1 appearances in mcnally

Reactions: Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy
If we sign McNally I think it would signal Joel L being rwb but Robins has intimated him playing CB.
Personally I think the signing of Roberts has signalled we ain’t going for McNally.
Yeah, it does seem that way - I’m sure I read something earlier this summer where he ruled out coming back here.

Balli001

Aug 4, 2022
Yeah, it does seem that way - I’m sure I read something earlier this summer where he ruled out coming back here.
I imagine its changeable. If burnley offered us mcnally permanently now Robins wouldn't say no

fatso

Jun 19, 2017
To be fair , burnley paid the same for a player with LESS league 1 appearances in mcnally
They did, but they had a Premier league income where £2million is chicken feed, to us its a Kings ransom.

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Coventry
They did, but they had a Premier league income where £2million is chicken feed, to us its a Kings ransom.
Not sure we are being held to ransom .. we've 19 million pound ( give or take ) if we want to buy young promising players from premier league clubs we have to pay for them ..

Normally we would loan them

TomRad85

Apr 30, 2018
The £2m is not going to be the upfront fee - it’s probably closer to 750k and then add ons, including promotion.
I think you've hit the nail on the head but we should probably continue to argue about it anyway.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Apr 30, 2018
Not sure we are being held to ransom .. we've 19 million pound ( give or take ) if we want to but young promising players from premier league clubs we have to pay for them ..

Normally we would loan them
Yeh usually we'd loan him in and he'd go back to Burnley as a player completely out of our price range. Glad we're getting these young players signed up.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

Oct 16, 2010
Sounded like he wanted to stay and fight for a place in the Burnley team but I think it may be taken out of his hands.

I think Burnley have signed another three centre backs since he said he wanted to stay and fight for a spot.

David O'Day

Feb 28, 2015
Happy we are going for him, young promising and looked good abate at lower level last year.

With regards to McNally, I just don't think Burnley will let him come to us without them getting Hamer

Users who are viewing this thread