Bonus!!! (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

What a great idea!

Richard Scudamore: Premier League clubs asked for £250,000 towards £5m bonus - Richard Scudamore: Premier League clubs asked for £250,000 towards £5m bonus

I am going suggest that all of my valued customers (because I have helped them to deliver big successes) donate just £50 (they CAN easily afford that) each to me when I reach 59 in a few years time. I reckon I could end up with a retirement pot of about £500k.

That'll do nicely!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Never understood when people like this and banks get bonuses. What have they done to deserve / earn it?

covcity4life

World's not right

Imagine that 5m donated to starving kids all over the world.

It's so sad that something like that is seen as sort fairy unrealistic but 5m to 1 guy who is already is rich will go ahead and be accepted.

lifeskyblue

Imagine what it could do within grass roots football. How many coaches and football pitches it could provide.

But isn’t it just the elite looking after the guy who made the obscene wealth for them possible.
Have long hoped the bubble will burst for the premier league...but it don’t look like it will just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazolba

He was paid handsomely for his services (2.5 million a year), so why should he be given a 5 million golden handshake?
Hopefully he will donate it to charity, the old rich executives retirement home.

Terry Gibson's perm

If his big mate Bruce buck wants to give him a leaving present then he should do it himself out of his own cash, I bet he isn’t so keen then.

Ashdown

Absolutely disgusting, when you look at the disparity of income between the Prem and rest of football . Why the fuck does such a well paid individual need a £5 million golden handshake. Immoral !

clint van damme

that's why football in this country is fucked except for the elite few, a bit like the country to be honest.

Terry Gibson's perm

As somebody said tonight why haven’t they asked teams like villa to contribute as they have had years of the benefits compared to Wolves.

Who do we think the five who said no are?

Newcastle And Burnley are way to mean to pay out

skybluegod

Never understood when people like this and banks get bonuses. What have they done to deserve / earn it?

Agree with the sentiment. But can also understand why they do get big bonuses, in this case, he has overseen the increase in profits, the increased revenue for all clubs, the premier league being the top global league, the best managers in the world, TV rights, etc. He has brought billions to the league and english game, and so people in these positions are often rewarded with financial gain.

Same with banks, if you oversee an increase in profits, you simply get a proportion, is the amount wrong? Probably. Is it understandable given the affect these people have on business? Probably.

Nick

Administrator
Agree with the sentiment. But can also understand why they do get big bonuses, in this case, he has overseen the increase in profits, the increased revenue for all clubs, the premier league being the top global league, the best managers in the world, TV rights, etc. He has brought billions to the league and english game, and so people in these positions are often rewarded with financial gain.

Same with banks, if you oversee an increase in profits, you simply get a proportion, is the amount wrong? Probably. Is it understandable given the affect these people have on business? Probably.

Is it all him personally though?

Like in Banks, is the boss getting the millions doing all of the work to increase the profits? Likewise, if they go to shit should the bosses pay the losses out of their personal pocket?

It's just rich people getting richer amongst themselves.

skybluegod

Is it all him personally though?

Like in Banks, is the boss getting the millions doing all of the work to increase the profits? Likewise, if they go to shit should the bosses pay the losses out of their personal pocket?

It's just rich people getting richer amongst themselves.

No but isn't that the way of life? The boss makes the big decisions that actually make the money. The workers under him carry out the plan. Well often they pay by losing their jobs?

It's the same in any walk of life? The top people who have more responsibilities get bigger bonuses... Is that not just logic?

Well it's not is it? A lot of people work their way up[ in businesses, not everybody is born into it, if they have lead to success, why wouldn't they be rewarded, it is not just managers/executives that get a bonus, often when a bank does well, a large proportion of employees get a bonus.

Nick

Administrator
No but isn't that the way of life? The boss makes the big decisions that actually make the money. The workers under him carry out the plan. Well often they pay by losing their jobs?

It's the same in any walk of life? The top people who have more responsibilities get bigger bonuses... Is that not just logic?

Well it's not is it? A lot of people work their way up[ in businesses, not everybody is born into it, if they have lead to success, why wouldn't they be rewarded, it is not just managers/executives that get a bonus, often when a bank does well, a large proportion of employees get a bonus.

I don't think it's logical. I'd say the people who work the hardest and achieve more should get bonuses. I've worked in companies where the big bosses couldn't tell you anything about what's going on or what is being actioned as everything is delegated and it was pretty much like an old boys club about who they know.

Nowadays it's as if CEO is a profession, they just go between companies regardless of experience.

I can understand why it happens, just don't agree with it most of the time.

skybluegod

I don't think it's logical. I'd say the people who work the hardest and achieve more should get bonuses. I've worked in companies where the big bosses couldn't tell you anything about what's going on or what is being actioned as everything is delegated and it was pretty much like an old boys club about who they know.

Nowadays it's as if CEO is a profession, they just go between companies regardless of experience.

I can understand why it happens, just don't agree with it most of the time.

I think that's fair enough.

I work in a business as a Project Manager, so i have Programme managers above me and then directors are above them. In my experience, meeting the directors, he won't know every project, but he will know of them? He's not meant to micro-manage he is there to make the big decisions around the projects. Around partners,

I would say it's not like an old boys club here. Maybe that's just different experiences. But the bigger the business, the harder it is to know everything that is going on? Even me as a low level PM, i don't know what the engineers I send out do? I have a basic understanding of engineering from them, but that is the whole basis of the world we live in.

You could just as easily say without warehouse workers the country grinds to a halt, same as lorry drivers...

CEO is a profession? I think the problem is because the lower down you are the less you understand what they are doing... it's very easy to think they are just picking up a paycheck, when in actual fact, their job is more full-on, has higher pressures and is incredibly difficult . But of course it is totally subjective to the CEO/Business.

Nick

Administrator
I think that's fair enough.

I work in a business as a Project Manager, so i have Programme managers above me and then directors are above them. In my experience, meeting the directors, he won't know every project, but he will know of them? He's not meant to micro-manage he is there to make the big decisions around the projects. Around partners,

I would say it's not like an old boys club here. Maybe that's just different experiences. But the bigger the business, the harder it is to know everything that is going on? Even me as a low level PM, i don't know what the engineers I send out do? I have a basic understanding of engineering from them, but that is the whole basis of the world we live in.

You could just as easily say without warehouse workers the country grinds to a halt, same as lorry drivers...

CEO is a profession? I think the problem is because the lower down you are the less you understand what they are doing... it's very easy to think they are just picking up a paycheck, when in actual fact, their job is more full-on, has higher pressures and is incredibly difficult . But of course it is totally subjective to the CEO/Business.

I was only going off the bigger places I have worked (Thankfully I don't now!!). There would be a CEO join from being a CEO in a completely different industry and business so had no idea about the industry the company was in.

Obviously not every place is like that, some will have CEOs who built the business from scratch, some who have worked their way up etc etc.

There's nothing worse than having a boss / manager who has no idea at all about the job that you do.

Terry Gibson's perm

I was only going off the bigger places I have worked (Thankfully I don't now!!). There would be a CEO join from being a CEO in a completely different industry and business so had no idea about the industry the company was in.

Obviously not every place is like that, some will have CEOs who built the business from scratch, some who have worked their way up etc etc.

There's nothing worse than having a boss / manager who has no idea at all about the job that you do.

Just the same as mps who move from transport to chancellor with no financial experience (or other roles)

Nick

Administrator
Just the same as mps who move from transport to chancellor with no financial experience (or other roles)

Yeah exactly things like that. Draft somebody into the Health Minister role on 6 figures who has no experience while you have a nurse of 30 years working shit loads of hours a week struggling to get by financially. Obviously I don't expect nurses to be on 6 figure salaries either but it's the same sort of thing.

CJ_covblaze

SkyblueBazza

The proportion those you mention get is written into their contracts. This a handout

skybluegod

The proportion those you mention get is written into their contracts. This a handout

No it isn't that is a very sweeping generalisation... with no evidence behind it. It will be the case for some, and not for others.

Users who are viewing this thread