boo boys (1 Viewer)

City Nut

why do city fans always boo players?

sum guys behind me were booing on sat after like 60 minutes. how can this help the players?

look at newcastle, the fans were behind the team all thru the game and look how they played?

surely the fans are the 12th man?

Nick

Administrator
I dont understand the logic in it either.

It is ok saying to your mate "He is having a shocker" but to boo them off the pitch or to boo an individual player is terrible.

Peter Griffin

I don't get it either. Weirdly I had a dream I was on some discussion show saying I wanted the city of Coventry to be proud of the team, and how us as supporters had to get behind them and stop booing.

I used to be able to boast that I'd never booed City, but then Kevin Kyle got sent off against Burnley...:rolleyes:

skyblueprincess

I would never ever BOO a player!!!

I agree with you that we should be the 12Th man ......... we are all there for the same reason and we should ride the highs n the lows with our team..... And it players

It must put added pressure on the players to hear this....... Firstly it achieves nothing, and more importantly football crowds are supposed to be better than that.
We are a family... One team ..One heart and One aim.....To play and hopefully win!!
Regardless of the result...WE should all sing together......Not boo together!!

A QUOTE FROM LEON BEST THAT I THINK SAYS IT ALL ....(after match on sat)

People aren't out there trying not to play well.

"So it has disappointed me to see that the fans can switch on me just like that. When I am out there scoring goals they will be cheering me again but I don't want them cheering me if they switch on me like that. I would rather they just be one way all the time!!

All I am saying is that THE CROWD should support the players because it was a good enough performance."

You should start a no BOO campaign...... I would be up for that ..... LOL

ICHAN

Hi there.
I think the problem lies with a minority of cov fans thinking we have a given right to be in the prem after being in there so long, however i guess alot of them were proberly still at school when we were in the prem.
If they want a team who they want to be in the prem and win things then maybe they should go and support someone else.
I agree that if you pay the money then you have the right to make your feelings known but this could be done in many different ways nowadays.
Best unfortunatly has made himself a target for these so called fans i feel now, now that he has spoken out against this minority, i have not been up for a while now but i can assure you all i would have seen a lot worse than what is being played at the moment.
Lets be honest here the fans have a new stadium to watch there team play in, there lucky to have a football team playing however this is just not enough for some people even if ronaldinino and messi were playing for us they would proberly boo them if they did not score a hat trick each in every game.
I could go on but thats my rant over

Nick

Administrator
I hate the fact people expect miracles from SISU and RR and a lot of people don't seem to grasp the fact they saved the club?

ccfc1987

I hate the fact people expect miracles from SISU and RR and a lot of people don't seem to grasp the fact they saved the club?

i dont expect miracles from any thing to do with ccfc,when we first went down i knew we be in this lge for a long time it as all ways been the same when it was div1 and div2 was hard to get out of it,it just proved with WBA STOKE WOLVES BIRMINGHAM all spent a long time out of the top lge,,,

just hope sisu have got the club in mind after 4 or 5yrs if cov are still in this lge

Nick

Administrator
Nice to see these dickheads were out in force again against QPR when Leon Best came on!

ccfc1987

i dont know mate i was not there as i was changing a front shock on the car bet it was the kids again lil chav fcuks

simmouk

Administrator
Well when he came on, I was in the Eon upper level in Telent and it sounded like the booing was coming from the Telegraph stand...just seemed out of order. Only sounded like a few/small group though.

im-confused

If fans want to boo, they have all right to do so. maybe we might actually start getting stuck in if the fans get ontheir backs a little.
a True fan wouldn't sit there silent. Just like a true policeman wouldn't let criminals commit crimes infront of him.

just because they are cov players, doesn't mean that they're superior to everyone else. if someone was doing their job badly, you'd tell them. why should this case be any different?

praise is given where praise is due and boos are given when boos are due so lets stop pondering over this same issue over and over again.

G

Gregsy!!

If fans want to boo, they have all right to do so. maybe we might actually start getting stuck in if the fans get ontheir backs a little.
a True fan wouldn't sit there silent. Just like a true policeman wouldn't let criminals commit crimes infront of him.

just because they are cov players, doesn't mean that they're superior to everyone else. if someone was doing their job badly, you'd tell them. why should this case be any different?

praise is given where praise is due and boos are given when boos are due so lets stop pondering over this same issue over and over again.

Im confused i couldnt agree more,would these overpaid pampered fairies whinge so much if they were struggling on a low paid job in a factory,where deadlines have to be met or your made redundant? and to say none of us have criticised players before are hypocrites! iv done it in the past and will do so in the future. iv spent over £500 already this season on season tickets,kit,programmes etc for myself and my kids,i think im entitled to get angry when them toss pots that swagger around on the pitch each week that dont give a monkeys about the club,have a go at the fans for daring to complain!

ccfc1987

Im confused i couldnt agree more,would these overpaid pampered fairies whinge so much if they were struggling on a low paid job in a factory,where deadlines have to be met or your made redundant? and to say none of us have criticised players before are hypocrites! iv done it in the past and will do so in the future. iv spent over £500 already this season on season tickets,kit,programmes etc for myself and my kids,i think im entitled to get angry when them toss pots that swagger around on the pitch each week that dont give a monkeys about the club,have a go at the fans for daring to complain!

gregsy you herd me at few games if a player is crap il say so and i dont give acrap who moans about it in the stands i pay for my ticket for each game and if i want to moan about them i will

Last edited:
G

Gregsy!!

gregsy you herd me at the newcastle game if a player is crap il say so and i dont give acrap who moans about it in the stands i pay for my ticket for each game and if i want to moan about them i will

Yes joe theres moaning....and then there is moaning....but hitting a player in the old mr g's nightcub is taking things a it too far!! :eek::D:D:D

Bunnykins

It's all to do with manners and respect. If you've no respect for your Team Why go to watch them

skyblueprincess

It's all to do with manners and respect. If you've no respect for your Team Why go to watch them

I agree that its all about manners and respect .....The players are out there doing there job.......
They have good days and bad days like we all do at work.....If one of those fans who booed got booed in work for having a bad day...He/she would have something to say about it!!! So i think its OK for the players to voice their opinion on the boo boys......
I also think as fans we have the right to voice our opinion but booing is not the way to do it!!

ccfc1987

the problem is i was at work and i did not do my job right id most probly get sacked or a warning the same goes for footballers i have never booed any cov players but i have said that there crap sorry but thats my opinion all im saying if thay show more than 60%most fans would be happy i have showed my respect over 30yrs of being a cov fan..

skyblueprincess

the problem is i was at work and i did not do my job right id most probly get sacked or a warning the same goes for footballers i have never booed any cov players but i have said that there crap sorry but thats my opinion all im saying if thay show more than 60%most fans would be happy i have showed my respect over 30yrs of being a cov fan..

I know wot you are saying...I have said that they are CRAP... on more than one occasion... but the point i am trying to make is booing is disrespectful and i think it shows disrespect for them men out there doing there job!! We have all at some point been disappointed with the players and voiced the way we feel...But to stand a boo a person in my eye's is just not on!!!!

G

Gregsy!!

i had a word or better still i was not happy with the way paul telfer acting the **** after cov getting beat 4-0 i did not hit him just called him a joke and anker to his face thats all,

Dont tell me..your head collided with him by accident!! ;):D:D:D:D

going back to the topic...if any of you guys were sold something dodgy in a shop would you let them get away with it? or would you say something? :D i only criticise players when they cant be arsed to try their best and think i have the right to when iv paid my ticket money,if we lose and they have worked their socks off then i will applaud them off the field!! (then criticise the manager instead!!) ;):D:D:D

im-confused

Players are payed much more than you or I. They get payed if they play well or not. Allot of them these days are only in it for the lifestyles and the money.

There's nothing disrespectful about being heard!

If you are too scared too boo your team even when they play bad, you really should find some confidence somewhere.

There's nothing disrespectful about letting yourself be heard.

end of.

skyblueprincess

Players are payed much more than you or I. They get payed if they play well or not. Allot of them these days are only in it for the lifestyles and the money.

There's nothing disrespectful about being heard!

If you are too scared too boo your team even when they play bad, you really should find some confidence somewhere.

There's nothing disrespectful about letting yourself be heard.

end of.

The amount of money they are paid has nothing to do with it!!
That is their line of work .. like a doctor is a doctor .. a teacher is a teacher ..... They are out on that pitch doing there job just like teachers do in the class room or a doctor does in surgery!! they r doing wot they get paid to do ...

As for being to scared ... that has nothing to do with it ... I have plenty of confidence .. but i also have respect for other ppl and the way they feel

I would be hate to be booed ...so i would never boo another person ... treat as you would wish to be treated ... other wise is disrespectful

im-confused

surely you should know by now that the world is a tough place. you don't get anywhere by being nice. We're only talking about football pleyers here anyway. It's not like they're going to beat you up after the game.
As for doctors, if they do their job wrong, they can be sacked. Teachers doing their job wrong can be sacked. A footballer does his job wrong - he get's bood. and then uptight people seem to feel 'sorry' for the players.

THEY'RE FOOTBALL PLAYERS! THEY'RE USED TO IT!

get over it. geez

skyblueprincess

surely you should know by now that the world is a tough place. you don't get anywhere by being nice. We're only talking about football pleyers here anyway. It's not like they're going to beat you up after the game.
As for doctors, if they do their job wrong, they can be sacked. Teachers doing their job wrong can be sacked. A footballer does his job wrong - he get's bood. and then uptight people seem to feel 'sorry' for the players.

THEY'RE FOOTBALL PLAYERS! THEY'RE USED TO IT!

get over it. geez

Yes footballers are used to it ... but from reading articles in the news paper and magazines they dont like to be booed ...They are only human after all!! they feel the same as you or i would if we were to be booed for something!! Me voicing this does not in anyway make me uptight! I know the way of the world and i fully understand that each person is entitled to their opinion ... So as for GET OVER IT!!! ..... I replying to threads.... with my views ... that's wot i am entitled to do!!!

im-confused

Yes.. but it wasn't just aimed at you.

If I was a football player playing badly, I would want to be booed. maybe it would make me realise I'm not playing good enough.

Ehh. each to their own.

This thread has been going on for way too long. I refuse to post in this anymore.

covgal1985

i don't understand why some of our fans boo as well. All players make mistakes but i've even heard some fans boo them when we r winning. If ppl would just stop booing and start clapping and cheering on the players im sure they will start to play alot better although i think we have been playing alot better this season than last season COME ON U SKY BLUES

skyblueprincess

I see the boo boys were out in force at the England game!! .. it makes me sooooooo mad .... i was shouting at the tv .... sooooo boooooo to them !!!

Users who are viewing this thread