Books (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

I wish it was easier to find books in large print. They often say "a large print edition is available" but God knows where you find them. It seems like they are using smaller and smaller fonts to save on paper.
That's where a kindle helps, you can simply change the text size.

Grendel

might be time to try a kindle or some sort of tablet but I'm a bit of a traditionalist!

Yes I read loads of books but I could get inspired by a Kindle at all

Gazolba

might be time to try a kindle or some sort of tablet but I'm a bit of a traditionalist!
I would never do that. I like holding, feeling and smelling a real book.
Another joy you don't get with a Kindle is finding things between the pages.
I've found shopping lists, airline tickets and even receipts for the purchase of the book I'm reading.

mrtrench

I've found shopping lists, airline tickets and even receipts for the purchase of the book I'm reading.

Agreed. The strangest thing I found was in a book containing prints of old household items and advertisements (I buy and sell books as well as reading). It was a publisher's copy and there was a note inside which had obviously been passed between staff in the publisher's office. It said that <a person> had made a copyright claim of £50 for using 3 of his images in the book and that "we should pay, because it's a bargain as we've actually used five of his images".

jimmyhillsfanclub

Following on from a post I just made in the trump thread, this is a good read for those of you who enjoy the political debates on this forum......

bringbackrattles

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the smell of books especially new ones. Although I get funny looks in WHSmiths !

Users who are viewing this thread