Bournemouth Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

I really don't get the stick aimed at him. That's 8 goals in 14 games for us. That's a cracking record.

Who cares if some of the previous goals are tap ins...he's got to get in those positions to score them.

WM

SkyblueBazza

Whilst Im massively pleased with the win tonight, I think the bigger positive is the down turn in form of the teams above us over the last couple of games.

a week or two ago Bournemouth looked unbeatable, Yeovil were getting that way, Tranmere similar up until about three weeks ago - youd never have expected to see them lose to the likes of Bury, Colchester, or draw at home to Notts County. I always thought we could win any game - but worried then that we wouldnt make the play offs cos the teams above us looked so steady.

lets face it, we need them to falter to make the play offs. hopeful signs suggesting they are starting to........course we could aid this by beating a couple of them at home now!!

It might be because we're usually faltering by now that we have little experience of the business end of the season other than disappointment. This season we have real hope & a realistic chance. Tired legs, suspensions & injuries start to tell on a shallow or less quality squad. Then there's the desperate "if it moves - kick it!" Approach that some teams in the relegation mire adopt too. We're well placed but nothing can be taken for granted. I still worry about our home results though.

Johhny Blue

It might be because we're usually faltering by now that we have little experience of the business end of the season other than disappointment. This season we have real hope & a realistic chance. Tired legs, suspensions & injuries start to tell on a shallow or less quality squad. Then there's the desperate "if it moves - kick it!" Approach that some teams in the relegation mire adopt too. We're well placed but nothing can be taken for granted. I still worry about our home results though.

You're not very old if your only experience of the end of the season is disappointment. We stayed up by the skin of our teeth on the last day for about a hundred years

Users who are viewing this thread