Boxing Day (5 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

I'm not sure penalise is the approach, the ground need to enforce the regulations,the governing body expect that to be your home fans as a given , unfortunate I know.
Yep genuine concerns for safety with the steepness and constant standing

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

How is standing a barrier to reducing a segregated area ? What does sitting do to reduce danger ? When we consider the time taken to stand from a seating position is 1 second and wouldn't alter the action of an individual either way

Sounds like an excuse really
In an evacuation situation everybody already standing would knock a vital few seconds off everyone getting out...

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I understand the concern is about fans falling over seats and not purely evacuation times. This has been going on for over 30 years. That's why they are piloting standing areas in some grounds
I was being facetious.

Though the seriousness of your response does make me think if you're not involved in some way with the segregation at the CBS specifically you're definitely employed somewhere in the H&S sphere.

Sick Boy

SOCCFC
Could that stand for Safety Officer, CCFC?
Doctor Who Sherlock GIF by BBC America

CV22SBA

More seats just realised in block 26. They know it’s going to sell out so why do they keep realising seats in small sections.

slowpoke

Hopefully it will be a good day, Wednesday fans are amongst the noisiest around as we are. Down to us keep them quiet.
We are due to give out a thumping let’s hope it’s this day.

pusbccfc

They've been talking about safe standing for about 12 months now. Why is it taking so long?

Birmingham have nearly rebuilt a stand in that time.

As the rules state away fans must have safe standing if the home fans do, Birmingham have installed it in their away end.

It's literally a mental barrier.

pusbccfc

More seats just realised in block 26. They know it’s going to sell out so why do they keep realising seats in small sections.

They save those for pay on the gate

They've also added some from the players' family block in the West Stand.

mmttww

Yeah, this is getting daft. We're averaging c. 25k this season. People are gonna get fed up grabbing naff seats, for better seats to open up a few hours later. Don't see the point this season.

SkyBlueSoul

Said in a thread a while back this is where we have decide what level of club we want to be.

Obviously I could understand it when whole swathes of the stadium were empty and to open extra blocks would have meant more costs for F&B stands, police/stewards etc. But I'd guess that, bar 4, 5 and 13, every block has been open this season so why not just make every seat available from the start. Or at least sooner when a game is clearly going to hit 27/28k+.

CV22SBA

Yeah, this is getting daft. We're averaging c. 25k this season. People are gonna get fed up grabbing naff seats, for better seats to open up a few hours later. Don't see the point this season.
My neighbour got 3 tickets this morning all separate seats but in the same block. An hour later 5 rows altogether went on sale. She managed to get them exchanged but what a waste of her time.

edgy

Think the club really need to publicise the number of tickets left. There's still folk expecting more blocks to be opened and POTG

SkyBlueSoul

Other than 2 that have randomly appeared in 15 looks like this is all that's left. Things you love to see.

1702999086057.png 1702999114039.png

slondonskyblue

Block 6 = 626 seats
Block 7 = 887 seats
Block 12 = 447 seats
Block 13 = 382 seats
Segregation 2,342
Balcony = 1,071seats imagine 500 empty.
Capacity 32,609 so the gate will be approx 29.7K

Won't be anywhere near that. 28k max. There will be some of our sizeable group of ST holders that don't attend.

Users who are viewing this thread