Boxing (1 Viewer)

CCFCSteve

Gonzalez (Chocolatito) v Martinez is worth a watch on DAZN. Proper skills

CCFCSteve

Taylor v Serrano on DAZN was an amazing fight !

Edit - smith v Vargas also lively and Stevenson v Valdez worth watching. Very early days but Yafai could be good !

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

For those that didn’t catch the Taylor fight as it was on DAZN. Think it’s now available on bbc iPlayer

bringbackrattles

Canelo fighting at Light- heavyweight this weekend against the Russian Dmitry Bivol.
Good feature on this fight in the latest issue of Boxing News. I expect a win for Canelo, but the Russian is no mug at this weight.

tisza

Canelo fighting at Light- heavyweight this weekend against the Russian Dmitry Bivol.
Good feature on this fight in the latest issue of Boxing News. I expect a win for Canelo, but the Russian is no mug at this weight.
Good fight but again judges very dubious. Bivol won by a bigger margin than that.

CCFCSteve

Good to see the drug mule lose

He’s a great fighter to be fair (appreciate dubious history with peds, cherry picking opponents/controlling weight conditions and some decisions) but definitely bit off more than he could chew…not talking about that iffy meat either !

Reminded me a little bit of calzaghe v lacy, although that was even more dominant. Just a great performance from a naturally bigger guy

bringbackrattles

Haven't seen the fight so watch it later. Sounds as if Canelo lost convincingly from what I've read ? Canelo wants a rematch it says, but who's to say he'll win that.

CCFCSteve

Haven't seen the fight so watch it later. Sounds as if Canelo lost convincingly from what I've read ? Canelo wants a rematch it says, but who's to say he'll win that.

Yeah, looks like Bivol might be wrong for him style wise. Crazy, and a bit questionable, that he’s even fighting at LHW really. Having said that I think he’s controlled some pre fight weight limits/rehydration terms before but Bivols not a massive LHW so presume this wasn’t an issue.

Would like to see it though, just to see if Canelo can change his style enough to get to Bivol

bringbackrattles

Yeah, looks like Bivol might be wrong for him style wise. Crazy, and a bit questionable, that he’s even fighting at LHW really. Having said that I think he’s controlled some pre fight weight limits/rehydration terms before but Bivols not a massive LHW so presume this wasn’t an issue.

Would like to see it though, just to see if Canelo can change his style enough to get to Bivol
Canelo is a great fighter but it looks like super middleweight is his limit ? Just read a report on the Bivol fight and many say Canelo only won about 3 rounds, so that should be a warning sign.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Vegas judges 😂 Bivol is unbeaten for some years and performed at his near perfect best, Canelo would have beaten most LHW and possibly Bivol if he had been like he has in other fights. Took on the division and beat unbeaten boxers within me year, phenomenal fighter despite his questionable previous tests

Users who are viewing this thread