Boxing (1 Viewer)

Pipehitterz

Great night of boxing
Breazeale was one hard chin mother. Joshua looked really really composed , great performance .
Groves struggled to get rid of a much lighter and finished Murray
Chris eubank was very very good too

Sky_Blue_Daz

Tyson fury has postponed his fight with Klitchco(may have spelt it wrong) due to an "ankle" injury

Sky_Blue_Daz

Apparently the sample was over a year ago so why did he continue to fight, why is the story only being brought to light now ?

Pipehitterz

I would be amazed if any boxer got done for steroids.
It's well known it's rife the Sport, you would be stupid to think otherwise.

Boxing is worth far too much for brown envelopes not to be passed around to keep things hush.

LastGarrison

Great night of boxing
Breazeale was one hard chin mother. Joshua looked really really composed , great performance .
Groves struggled to get rid of a much lighter and finished Murray
Chris eubank was very very good too
I'm just not sold on Joshua being the next great thing. He has little head movement and is very flat footed and Whyte showed he can be hurt.

I really want him to improve and push on and I'd love him to get in with someone like Haye to give him a good test against a hard hitting quick fighter.

Fury still beats him comfortably at this stage for me.

Nick

Administrator
That one that benn fought, he looked like a random bloke they had just dragged off the street.

No way he has been in training or was a boxer.

Pipehitterz

I'm just not sold on Joshua being the next great thing. He has little head movement and is very flat footed and Whyte showed he can be hurt.

I really want him to improve and push on and I'd love him to get in with someone like Haye to give him a good test against a hard hitting quick fighter.

Fury still beats him comfortably at this stage for me.
Oh totally agree with you . Imo he's only ever faced one fighter and that was dillian whyte .
None of his other Fights have produced a contest between them
Fury and haye right nonzero beat him. He seriously needs to start fighting men that'll hit back , even that dude on saturday couldn't hit for shit.
Parker, his next proposed fight , is bother blown up tall guy, and isn't known for his heavy hitting , he's fought 17 bums and failed to knock out 2 of them , tells me all I need to know about him.

I suspect hearn knows joshua isn't the real deal , just like wilder over in the states , both of them haven't fought anyone remotely close to a Challenger
This is why it surprises me when folk say fury is a bum, wtf , his record is bloated but he has fought the dangerous Fighters that actually show up , not just punching bags , plus he demoralized the main heavyweight on the planet . Joshua would get toyed with

lewys33

I can't bring myself to pay for a Joshua fight, but I really wish I was watching it.

Yh I don't pay for his fights either. I managed to find a live stream just in time but it did keep buffering and the quality was dire.

Oh totally agree with you . Imo he's only ever faced one fighter and that was dillian whyte .
None of his other Fights have produced a contest between them
Fury and haye right nonzero beat him. He seriously needs to start fighting men that'll hit back , even that dude on saturday couldn't hit for shit.
Parker, his next proposed fight , is bother blown up tall guy, and isn't known for his heavy hitting , he's fought 17 bums and failed to knock out 2 of them , tells me all I need to know about him.

I suspect hearn knows joshua isn't the real deal , just like wilder over in the states , both of them haven't fought anyone remotely close to a Challenger
This is why it surprises me when folk say fury is a bum, wtf , his record is bloated but he has fought the dangerous Fighters that actually show up , not just punching bags , plus he demoralized the main heavyweight on the planet . Joshua would get toyed with

I think that is a little harsh on him. Don't get me wrong the hype is mainly just that at the moment (and joshua/hearn know it, hence why he is taking his time, learning, going through the motions) but I think he does have what it takes to go all the way. At the end of the day if that fight would have been mayweather instead of joshua this weekend everyone would be saying how it was a masterclass in how to dominate and control the match.

Tyson fury has postponed his fight with Klitchco(may have spelt it wrong) due to an "ankle" injury

Ironic that. He publicly states he hasn't got the motivation this time, gets an ankle injury, and then is bouncing around in france with all the other England fans.

Pipehitterz

Yh I don't pay for his fights either. I managed to find a live stream just in time but it did keep buffering and the quality was dire.

I think that is a little harsh on him. Don't get me wrong the hype is mainly just that at the moment (and joshua/hearn know it, hence why he is taking his time, learning, going through the motions) but I think he does have what it takes to go all the way. At the end of the day if that fight would have been mayweather instead of joshua this weekend everyone would be saying how it was a masterclass in how to dominate and control the match.

Ironic that. He publicly states he hasn't got the motivation this time, gets an ankle injury, and then is bouncing around in france with all the other England fans.
Please do not tell me you made a mayweather Antony joshua comparison?
Wow.

If you Read my post back , I haven't slated or even hinted he won't go all the way. I'm just saying he's only ever faced punching bags that have as much skill in the ring as I have , and so has wilder .
Fury has fought one or two genuinely dangerous Fighters , plus demoralized klit , so right now he would destroy joshua easily

lewys33

Please do not tell me you made a mayweather Antony joshua comparison?
Wow.

If you Read my post back , I haven't slated or even hinted he won't go all the way. I'm just saying he's only ever faced punching bags that have as much skill in the ring as I have , and so has wilder .
Fury has fought one or two genuinely dangerous Fighters , plus demoralized klit , so right now he would destroy joshua easily

Where on earth did you see a comparison?

You didn't slate or hint he won't go all the way ..... You said he isn't the real deal. Everything I said is valid.

Pipehitterz

Where on earth did you see a comparison?

You didn't slate or hint he won't go all the way ..... You said he isn't the real deal. Everything I said is valid.
Personally I think he isn't the real deal.
Beat tyson then he will be in my eyes.
But on the flip of that , joshua lovers think fury is a bum ,so .....

Pipehitterz

Must admit, however good Mayweather is, watching him bores me to death.
The problem with him and Andre Ward , is that they are that good , they don't even have to break a sweat to win .
I bit like watching Spain bore everyone to death with tip tap Football , it's not everyone's cup
When mayweather is in ruthless mode tho , when someone's got to him , he's been sensational .
There's nobody out there as good as him or Ward at their weights

CCFC88

The problem with him and Andre Ward , is that they are that good , they don't even have to break a sweat to win .
I bit like watching Spain bore everyone to death with tip tap Football , it's not everyone's cup
When mayweather is in ruthless mode tho , when someone's got to him , he's been sensational .
There's nobody out there as good as him or Ward at their weights

How do you think he'll get on against Kovalev? sliky skills vs brute force, styles make fights and this could be a belter!

Hadji10

Kovalev is a lot better than just a big brute. He's technically very very good, not as good as Ward in that department but that fight is certainly not just boxer v brawler. People look at Kovalev's KO percentage and just automatically assume he's some monster who can't box, a lot like Gokovkin. All the Eastern Europeans are fundementally very good and they tactically beat their opponents up before stopping them.

As for Joshua? Meh. Same old same old, he's a world champion he needs to be stepped up else he's going to go stale. He could have beaten Breazeale on his debut, that guy was awful. Someone with movement and speed will give Joshua a hell of a lot of problems, he just moves forward and back, offers no lateral movement and his head movement is non exsistent. Ortiz, Wlad, Fury, Wilder and Haye all beat him right now. He needs a step up fight, a Pulev, Jennings someone like that. Joseph Parker is a very good fight too.

Eubank is going to get his twat kicked in by Golovkin, he's no where near ready for that level. He's a bigger hype job than Joshua.

Hadji10

Also a side point, how the hell this card was on PPV I'll never know. Every fight was a complete mis-match. Eddie Hearn is ruining the sport for the fans.

CCFC88

I never said that Kovalev was a brawler but his natural size and the power in his punches compared to Ward who will be coming up to fight arguably the best in the division after fighting just 2 very average light heavys.

Kovs power outweighs Wards 5 to 1 but Wards speed and movement outweighs Kovs 5-1

Hadji10

Sullivan Barrera is not an average Light heavyweight. I get what you're saying but Kovalev is a far better boxer than what people give him credit for.

I'll have Kovalev to knock Ward out.

Users who are viewing this thread