Match Thread Bradford v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 20th Aug (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

We can't just keep shouting we need strikers though, if we just sign them and forget about them!

We have signed mcbean on loan as well, surely worth giving him a shot

I'm looking for goals across the team.
At the moment there isn't goals in this team.

Nick

Administrator
totally agree,,,which puts us in the minority on this site.......but bedding in players and swapping and changing is what pre-season is for...if/when TM* gets it right in will be too late...FACT
*not his fault as he has nothing to work with and bosses that know nothing about football
Of course he has something to work with, it's how football in league one is.

clint van damme

Agree, but when you charge £6.50 per game on a ST, you sell that may of them that you can afford to ramp up matchday prices, but they're only £20 when bought in advance, so hardly extortionate. Ten years ago they averaged 8000 in league 1. Last season 18,000. Their approach to pricing is very refreshing.
I'd imagine they get the lions share of the F&B as well.

AFCCOVENTRY

Oh dear Mogga..."let's take the positives and move on"

Fuck say Mowbray...there's no positives and apologise to the travelling support who watched that debacle.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Mowbray;

Ending off changed game

Got to take positives the. Put game behind us

Could have been 3 up at HT

Frustrating day

Two pens, sending off, take positives move on

Bottom line is better sliding boy down attempting to take ball and take a booking

Never mind, not going to moan

Disappointed how they got back in it

Came here wanted to show them CCFC going to be a strong team this year

End of first half only under pressure when ECC made a save

Disappointing for fans

Plenty of positives

Agyei looked a threat. Powerful boy

Could have been out of sight

Didn't take opportunities

When all integrated and window out the way will gel

Not a lot of work going on

Bradford came back strong. Fans a big plus for them

Rather talk positives. How we did for an hour

Need to learn how to play with 10 men

Have to do work on training ground

Gave it away and back to them too easily when down to 10

Re Stevenson; very composed. make sure he has fire in his belly wen need it

Want to be a strong side in league

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Ffs , hope we get all our bad luck out the way
You do realise how ridiculous your posts sound ? Are you related to Marcus ?

Ridiculous to someone who is unable to think for themselves maybe.

Again, today was not 'bad luck'. Keep telling yourself that. Our squad is not strong enough.

SkyBlueAussie

We've got a Prime Minister over here In Aus called Turnbull....he isn't very good either,,,,but let's face it lads 1 goal in 4 games is the problem...at least from what I can see from a distance?

Otis

Mowbray;

Ending off changed game

Got to take positives the. Put game behind us

Could have been 3 up at HT

Frustrating day

Two pens, sending off, take positives move on

Bottom line is better sliding boy down attempting to take ball and take a booking

Never mind, not going to moan

Disappointed how they got back in it

Came here wanted to show them CCFC going to be a strong team this year

End of first half only under pressure when ECC made a save

Disappointing for fans

Plenty of positives

Agyei looked a threat. Powerful boy

Could have been out of sight

Didn't take opportunities

When all integrated and window out the way will gel

Not a lot of work going on

Bradford came back strong. Fans a big plus for them

Rather talk positives. How we did for an hour

Need to learn how to play with 10 men

Have to do work on training ground

Gave it away and back to them too easily when down to 10

Re Stevenson; very composed. make sure he has fire in his belly wen need it

Want to be a strong side in league

Not a lot of work going on?

What does that mean? What's he talking about there, SW?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Agree, but when you charge £6.50 per game on a ST, you sell that may of them that you can afford to ramp up matchday prices, but they're only £20 when bought in advance, so hardly extortionate. Ten years ago they averaged 8000 in league 1. Last season 18,000. Their approach to pricing is very refreshing.

Completely agree.

Liquid Gold

Here in the 1950s we think it was the female officials fault and its our opinion so you can't disagree or you're queer

Nick

Administrator
I don't think we would sell enough to cover the loss of price though would we :( then people will moan about investment.

It would be ok if we could then make 3 quid a pie or something to counteract that loss.

Catch 22.

Bristol sky blue

I only listened to the game, but it seemed to me that Gadshev should have been the one to come off, not Agyei
However, that wouldn't have stopped Turnbull conceding the penalty etc. etc.

Hobo

We knew it would be a tough game, most fans predicted we would lose. We imploded a bit after the sending off, but there were some positives early on.

There are signs we are building a team. They need time to gel. The season is a long distance race not a Sprint. It is how you finish not how you start.

Keep the faith.

Nick

Administrator
We knew it would be a tough game, most fans predicted we would lose. We imploded a bit after the sending off, but there were some positives early on.

There are signs we are building a team. They need time to gel. The season is a long distance race not a Sprint. It is how you finish not how you start.

Keep the faith.
I think it's the way we lose and the fact people call it even when we are winning.

Otis

Keep the faith.
That's what I don't get. Most of us predicted we would lose anyway, so why all the moaning that we actually did?

We were winning until we had a player sent off. Perspective needed please.

MatthewWallis

I hear 'should've been 3 up at HT' & 'Didn't take out chances' a lot. What do we actually work on in training because we never seem to work on that.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I don't think we would sell enough to cover the loss of price though would we :( then people will moan about investment.

It would be ok if we could then make 3 quid a pie or something to counteract that loss.

Catch 22.
Others may disagree, but I'd be happy with cheaper season tickets and hiking up the match day prices to counteract the loss. Would encourage more ST holders which is a bonus because it means cash in the bank in the summer which can be spent and also makes planning the budget easier.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hi Otis, just listened to it and he means little time to train and work on things on the training ground between matches at the moment. Because of the amount of games being played at the moment i.e Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday.

skyblue1991

We were on course for a win until the penalty and red card. Was a stupid one to give away.

It was a fantastic goal from Marshall which was unstoppable from what I saw.

Did wonder about the subs but we gave up after Marshalls goal.

I'm starting to get concerned.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

oucho

Well SISU sacked Pressley when we hit 21st in League 1, and sacked Thorn after three draws in three games at the start of a League One season, so let's see what happens....

Gazolba

This game shows the value of a reliable penalty-taker. Have we got one yet?

As for the prediction league. I initially had the result as 3-1 and then changed it to 2-1 after we signed Turnbull. Oh well ...

I see this season as being a constant struggle to reach mid-table.

Last edited:

Gazolba

Judging by his perpetual hang-dog expression could be his sex life.

Last edited:

Otis

Hi Otis, just listened to it and he means little time to train and work on things on the training ground between matches at the moment. Because of the amount of games being played at the moment i.e Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday.
Right, got it. Wasn't sure if he meant within the game.

That explains it, cheers Bear. :)

stupot07

I know people say we were winning until the pen like that was turning point, but the reason they won the penalty was that they had started to pile on the pressure, they'd already hit the bar on the second half and Turnbull and Page were struggling against Marshall.

We need to score more when on top and stop giving up good chances when they arise.

We were 1-0 up, they came out with more intestity second half, caused Turnbull to give away the pen, then we had no answer when down to 10 men. Its not unlucky, it wasnt a freak decision or freak goal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

I know people say we were winning until the pen like that was turning point, but the reason they won the penalty was that they had started to pile on the pressure, they'd already hit the bar on the second half and Turnbull and Page were struggling against Marshall.

We need to score more when on top and stop giving up good chances when they arise.

We were 1-0 up, they came out with more intestity second half, caused Turnbull to give away the pen, then we had no answer when down to 10 men. Its not unlucky, it wasnt a freak decision or freak goal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Well it's exactly that, Stu, scoring when you are on top. That is a very fine line between winning and losing.

I wasn't there but people are saying we could have been 3 goals up at one point.

It's very fine margins. We know Rose is capable of goals and Ghadzev looks like he may score a few too. I do think when you haven't been scoring as is the case at the start of this campaign then you can lose your composure in front of goal.

It's a fine line that we need to put right, but I don't think we should panic just yet.

Look back to Bury last season. We beat them 6-0, but they had a number of chances that could have turned the game completely had they bagged them.

Users who are viewing this thread