Brave lady to go on BBC and talk abou this. (2 Viewers)

Flying Fokker

Philosorapter

Good luck to her.

Doesn't change my views that we should become a Republic and do away with all the hangers-on from the feudal system.

Evo1883

I don't want to be a Republic, and I also wish her well .

See , the first bit is irrelevant and something I've said for the sake of it

rob9872

Poor woman had to say something. Whether you support the monarchy or not, she's a human being having the worst of times and hounded out by media and public outrage because they've not seen her for a while. Hopefully it won't be cover to cover coverage and leave the poor woman alone to get better.

SBT

she's a human being having the worst of times and hounded out by media and public outrage because they've not seen her for a while
This has been quite unusual in that the ‘mainstream media’ coverage has been much more responsible than the stuff you see on social media - it’s usually the former driving the latter, this was the opposite.

skybluetony176

Regardless of who she is she’s a mother first so it’s terrible news. Sadly I lost 2 aunts to cancer, both with young families and in one case my youngest cousin wasn’t even a year old when her mother died so she has zero memories. Hope she makes a full recovery if only her children get to make memories with her.

Evo1883

Regardless of who she is she’s a mother first so it’s terrible news. Sadly I lost 2 aunts to cancer, both with young families and in one case my youngest cousin wasn’t even a year old when her mother died so she has zero memories. Hope she makes a full recovery if only her children get to make memories with her.

This , my mum died from cancer when I was 12 and my sister was 9 , it's had a lifetime effect on us .

Philosorapter

I live in a Republic and I have some VERY bad news for you.

I am wondering if the park bench is in their own grounds and has been specifically designed to be a set when addressing the nation?

Did they have focus groups in to assess which back drop gave the most compliance from the masses when they were speaking to the nation?

Must be nice to have the opportunity to choose your own Head of State.

oscillatewildly

I am wondering if the park bench is in their own grounds and has been specifically designed to be a set when addressing the nation?

Did they have focus groups in to assess which back drop gave the most compliance from the masses when they were speaking to the nation?

Must be nice to have the opportunity to choose your own Head of State.
W-H-A-T-A-B-O-U-T-E-R-Y-A-G-O-G-O.

Philosorapter

A-N-D-I-F-T-H-E-Y-E-V-E-R-W-E-R-E,T-H-E-Y-W-O-U-L-D-B-E-S-I-G-N-I-F-I-C-A-N-T-L-Y-W-A-T-E-R-E-D-D-O-W-N.
Which is a bit like life really, isn't it?

It's a bit more in my opinion.

It's having the choice to choose if you want them or not.

Some people agree to being a subject under a monarchy, some other people disagree with this.

Should we at least have the choice to choose though as a group?

oscillatewildly

It's a bit more in my opinion.

It's having the choice to choose if you want them or not.

Some people agree to being a subject under a monarchy, some other people disagree with this.

Should we at least have the choice to choose though as a group?
A-B-S-O-L-U sorry, absolutely. I'm neither for or against - which does fly in the face of 'opinion', I guess.
So whilst I was brought up in a working class environment - Grandparents 'migrating' to this city from South Wales, Lancashire and Lincolnshire, there was never any known dissent to the royal family altho there was almost constant support for the labour party.
Never a framed picture of Liz, Keir Hardy, Joe or Che adorned the living room either.
So, you know there is that thing about living with something that doesn't really affect your daily life but you've grown up with and you don't want to see change - because there have been many things in your lifetime that have seen change - and subsequently turned to rat shit.
So unless you are on the extremes of the political spectrum, It really ain't that much of a big deal really.
Oh and I confirm, I am nobody's 'subject, atho that quandary can become a state of mind for some.

Philosorapter

A-B-S-O-L-U sorry, absolutely. I'm neither for or against - which does fly in the face of 'opinion', I guess.
So whilst I was brought up in a working class environment - Grandparents 'migrating' to this city from South Wales, Lancashire and Lincolnshire, there was never any known dissent to the royal family altho there was almost constant support for the labour party.
Never a framed picture of Liz, Keir Hardy, Joe or Che adorned the living room either.
So, you know there is that thing about living with something that doesn't really affect your daily life but you've grown up with and you don't want to see change - because there have been many things in your lifetime that have seen change - and subsequently turned to rat shit.
So unless you are on the extremes of the political spectrum, It really ain't that much of a big deal really.
Oh and I confirm, I am nobody's 'subject, atho that quandary can become a state of mind for some.
Yep, I used the wrong terminology with 'subject' but you corrrected. I'll get around to this later.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
A-N-D-I-F-T-H-E-Y-E-V-E-R-W-E-R-E,T-H-E-Y-W-O-U-L-D-B-E-S-I-G-N-I-F-I-C-A-N-T-L-Y-W-A-T-E-R-E-D-D-O-W-N.
Which is a bit like life really, isn't it?
L-I-F-E-G-O-E-S-O-N
Jonathan and the Whale. Great song! 😆

Users who are viewing this thread