Breakaway/Phoenix This Year? (1 Viewer)

Would you support a breakaway created for next season?

• Total voters

Grappa

Whoever has voted yes to this, I just don't recognise you. I don't know anyone who would prefer parks football over proper football. My mates talk about their dads taking them to their first game, thousands of blokes, the smell of fried onions, the swearing, floodlights, crowd surges, chanting. You people suggesting this after one game in Northampton are not the sort of people I know. You don't just give up, it's like the spoilt kid taking his ball home because he didn't get to take a penalty. I'm genuinely disappointed. Fucking bulldog spirit my arse. I really don't know you people. Shocking. And I'm out.

mark82

Whoever has voted yes to this, I just don't recognise you. I don't know anyone who would prefer parks football over proper football. My mates talk about their dads taking them to their first game, thousands of blokes, the smell of fried onions, the swearing, floodlights, crowd surges, chanting. You people suggesting this after one game in Northampton are not the sort of people I know. You don't just give up, it's like the spoilt kid taking his ball home because he didn't get to take a penalty. I'm genuinely disappointed. Fucking bulldog spirit my arse. I really don't know you people. Shocking. And I'm out.

They are people that want those times back, that want to take their kids to their first football match. SISU have taken this pleasure away from me. There are a whole generation of fans that could be lost.

stupot07

They are people that want those times back, that want to take their kids to their first football match. SISU have taken this pleasure away from me. There are a whole generation of fans that could be lost.

You seem very keen on this idea, in fact I'm sure you have said in the last couple of days that a Phoenix club wouldn't be feasible whilst ccfc is still in existence but seem to be the main protagonist at pushing the idea..

mark82

You seem very keen on this idea, in fact I'm sure you have said in the last couple of days that a Phoenix club wouldn't be feasible whilst ccfc is still in existence but seem to be the main protagonist at pushing the idea..

I never said that. I said it is technically not a Phoenix club if CCFC are not in existence it's a breakaway.

Let me be clear though, I want CCFC to come home to Coventry. If this happened I would not be interested in a breakaway (other than I would always support any Coventry based club). I'm not even that bothered about the owners, although I don't like them. The main thing is Coventry City playing in Coventry.

stupot07

I never said that. I said it is technically not a Phoenix club if CCFC are not in existence it's a breakaway.

Let me be clear though, I want CCFC to come home to Coventry. If this happened I would not be interested in a breakaway (other than I would always support any Coventry based club). I'm not even that bothered about the owners, although I don't like them. The main thing is Coventry City playing in Coventry.

If you want to watch a Coventry based club - sphinx, united, copsewood. What's the point of setting up. Club that won't even be a Phoenix club? A tier 9 club will put no pressure on sisu. It took AFC Wimbledon 9 years to get to league two.

carlh25

I think it may be worth setting up now as a non playing company and then seeing how it pans out come the end of the season. If nothing has improved then maybe push forward with it but if ccfc are back then it would be easy enough to not proceed with the idea. Think it may be ideal to have a supporters meeting to see who would be interested in helping with this should it happen and the way it should be proceeded with ie memberships for ownership of the club.

mark82

If you want to watch a Coventry based club - sphinx, united, copsewood. What's the point of setting up. Club that won't even be a Phoenix club? A tier 9 club will put no pressure on sisu. It took AFC Wimbledon 9 years to get to league two.

Would prefer a new club that was set up as a "replacement" for CCFC. One that plays in sky blue and one that continued some of the traditions. One where I can sing CCFC songs with like minded fans. And one that is owned by the fans so that it can be run properly. I'm not one that cares what league football is played in, I am happy to watch at all levels (obviously would like success though).

That said I will be splitting my time this year between Leamington, Coventry United and maybe Sphinx when I'm in Coventry. At home I will watch Wakefield FC & Frickley Athletic.

mark82

I think it may be worth setting up now as a non playing company and then seeing how it pans out come the end of the season. If nothing has improved then maybe push forward with it but if ccfc are back then it would be easy enough to not proceed with the idea. Think it may be ideal to have a supporters meeting to see who would be interested in helping with this should it happen and the way it should be proceeded with ie memberships for ownership of the club.

Agree Carl. Maybe something this side of Christmas but no massive rush at this moment. Need someone local to pull it together.

Grappa

Would prefer a new club that was set up as a "replacement" for CCFC. One that plays in sky blue and one that continued some of the traditions. One where I can sing CCFC songs with like minded fans. And one that is owned by the fans so that it can be run properly. I'm not one that cares what league football is played in, I am happy to watch at all levels (obviously would like success though).

That said I will be splitting my time this year between Leamington, Coventry United and maybe Sphinx when I'm in Coventry. At home I will watch Wakefield FC & Frickley Athletic.

Following 5 teams? Go you.

J

Jack Griffin

Its totally obvious to anyone who thinks about it. Sphinx & Copsewood etc. simply don't have the ambition or backing to succeed in an endeavour to climb the league pyramid.

Coventry United were formed with the aim of climbing the pyramid.. currently they're in tier 12, in 5 years they could be in tier 7, which is the Southern League Premier Division. So they seem to me to be the current best hope of bringing a Coventry based professional football team into Coventry in a reasonable timeframe. http://thepyramid.info/asp/pyramid3.asp

Coventry 1883 is a facebook page run by someone who as far as I can tell has achieved nothing & is totally irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

longjohnskyblue

If it is a new club, it isn't ccfc! so no never - 40 years supporting 1 team, a phoenix team will be as meaningless to me as Man U is!

mark82

Its totally obvious to anyone who thinks about it. Sphinx & Copsewood etc. simply don't have the ambition or backing to succeed in an endeavour to climb the league pyramid.

Coventry United were formed with the aim of climbing the pyramid.. currently they're in tier 12, in 5 years they could be in tier 7, which is the Southern League Premier Division. So they seem to me to be the current best hope of bringing a Coventry based professional football team into Coventry in a reasonable timeframe. http://thepyramid.info/asp/pyramid3.asp

Coventry 1883 is a facebook page run by someone who as far as I can tell has achieved nothing & is totally irrelevant.

1883 is a concept for a fan owned club. Obviously would evolve from that to a real club. United is a similar proposal to Sphinx really.

mark82

For me it is. It's a privately owned club owned by business men. 1883 would be owned and controlled by the fans. Don't get me wrong, I will go and watch them and hope they do well but a fan owned club would be better if needed. My preference would be to combine Coventry United with the ideas for 1883 but the guys at United didnt seem keen when they were asked.

torchomatic

No. CCFC still exist.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread