Breaking news CITY TO APPEAL (1 Viewer)

davebart

Of course SISU have to appeal. the process is there and they have to use it.

They are appealing in the hope to prove that Holdings is the club and not Ltd. They aren't interested in our league position. If they were they wouldn't have engineered our relegation by weakening the side last season.

If they do win the appeal then they will be able to write off a huge debt and carry on as before. The stakes are high for them. And hence for us.

torchomatic

Like I said, EVERY fan should want us to appeal and to get those points back. Anyone who argues against that? Well...

If you don't think we have broken any more rules then you've got more faith in the clowns running the club than many...although that doesn't surprise me. With situations like this a lot of it will come down to interpretation and also whether there was intention to deceive...something that is determined by opinion and not necessarily by rules and regulations set in stone. It's certainly not 'scaremongering'.....it's looking at the bigger picture and the situation as a whole and not with blinkers on. You should try it sometime...

AFCCOVENTRY

Higher league position means bigger prize money and then it's a quick western union money transfer to Arvo in sunny Cayman Islands

Delboycov

Like I said, EVERY fan should want us to appeal and to get those points back. Anyone who argues against that? Well...

I didn't say I didn't want us to appeal and said it would be great to get the 10 points back...just looking at the bigger picture unlike you.

Sub

i agree every fan should want the ten points back but like myself i think a lot of fans may be thinking we do not want to rock the boat with the FA and FL even more and get a bigger penalty if they find wrong doings !! i am worried that they find a whole load of trouble in the twisted mess called the ownership of CCFC :(:(

Delboycov

i agree every fan should want the ten points back but like myself i think a lot of fans may be thinking we do not want to rock the boat with the FA and FL even more and get a bigger penalty if they find wrong doings !! i am worried that they find a whole load of trouble in the twisted mess called the ownership of CCFC :(:(

That was the point I was trying to make Sub but I guess that means we're not real fans....

torchomatic

There is no "bigger picture" when it comes to the appeal. You just don't want to support the appeal because it's been initiated by the Club and you cannot bring yourself to support the Club as that would be supporting SISU.

The Club comes first.

I didn't say I didn't want us to appeal and said it would be great to get the 10 points back...just looking at the bigger picture unlike you.

torchomatic

It's already been stated by the Club and FL that appealing will not make any points deduction more severe. It's scaremongering to think otherwise.

Sub

i understand that torchy i know we wont get a further penalty for appealing, the concern is if it makes them dig alot deeper into the ownership of the club, the golden share, and player ownership and that they may find wrong doings there and get us a massive points hit which would lead to relegation :(:(:(

Delboycov

It's already been stated by the Club and FL that appealing will not make any points deduction more severe. It's scaremongering to think otherwise.

Do you read posts before replying to them torchy? No one as far as I can see today is saying we will get a further points deduction for appealing....why do you persist in pretending they have?

Delboycov

i understand that torchy i know we wont get a further penalty for appealing, the concern is if it makes them dig alot deeper into the ownership of the club, the golden share, and player ownership and that they may find wrong doings there and get us a massive points hit which would lead to relegation :(:(:(

Exactly right....not saying that would happen but looking at all possible scenarios doesn't mean we're not real fans!

Delboycov

There is no "bigger picture" when it comes to the appeal. You just don't want to support the appeal because it's been initiated by the Club and you cannot bring yourself to support the Club as that would be supporting SISU.

The Club comes first.

Don't tell me what I want to do....you have no argument for this possibly opening up a can of worms so you keep trotting out the same "there is no further points deducted for appealing" line which is irrelevant to the points being made. Don't imply I'm not a real fan for worrying that the previous actions of undoubtedly unscrupulous owners means that I'm suspicious of how they've acted in this current situation and may mean MY club suffer an even harsher fate than we have already.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Surely if SISU believe the club is now CCFC Holdings then it was a no brainer to appeal because that company is not in administration. The trick was finding anything like proper grounds to appeal. From a football club point of view they have to appeal because if they win they get 10 points back and that has, if nothing else, financial implications. From a purely football point of view the fans want the points back..... but from a fans view of SISU thats a different question(but have the fans ever really mattered to our owners?)

The only surprise to me was that they waited till 4:58 yesterday to do it

will it be successful - really not sure , I suspect it depends on the Football League having got all their procedures right since 23/06/12 and how much the League bows to pressure from lawyers acting for SISU. I would suspect the League is also aware of of the possibility of legal action that could follow from various parties - not to mention the possible precedents that could be set

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

Win! and our name is shit throughout the football world. Lose! and the points deduction on top of what we've already got will relegate us.
Surely proof that SISU don't care about the fans!
SISU want to keep hold of CCFC at all costs. We are a cash cow. All the shit about being in debt for £60m. any business man worth his salt would walk away, but SISU stay...Why?....Because somewhere along the line they are making money. Thank you for your input OSB58. but when a man such as he can't figure out for sure whats going on, then we're in for big trouble, and that may take some time to get sorted.:mad:

fernandopartridge

Win! and our name is shit throughout the football world. Lose! and the points deduction on top of what we've already got will relegate us.
Surely proof that SISU don't care about the fans!
SISU want to keep hold of CCFC at all costs. We are a cash cow. All the shit about being in debt for £60m. any business man worth his salt would walk away, but SISU stay...Why?....Because somewhere along the line they are making money. Thank you for your input OSB58. but when a man such as he can't figure out for sure whats going on, then we're in for big trouble, and that may take some time to get sorted.:mad:

Where do you get the idea that a loss would incur a further reduction? Or have you made that up in your head?

Sky Blue Kid

@ Fernandopartridge..

And where did you get your information from?....Donal Murphy on "Free Radio" by any chance? lmfao!:facepalm:

Sky Blue Kid

@ Fernandopartridge...

Try thinking for once!
If things go against the appeal, we can expect a heavy points deduction.
A couple of reasons why.
1) Trying to deceive the Football League for starters.
2) Forget about Spurs winning a points deduction case...that was for something completely different to Administration.
Wake up and smell the coffee mate. ffs!
3) Don't think for one second that the FL will be going easy on us if we lose. You're deluded if you think that!:facepalm:

torchomatic

You don't listen, do you. Appealing will not affect any future decisions that the FL care to make. If they are going to give us a further penalty then that will happen regardless. As you're a "Sky Blue kid" then I presume you want your football team to potentially get back those ten points and give the players and fans a boost?

Then again, I think you're hate of SISU is greater than your support for your football club.

@ Fernandopartridge...

Try thinking for once!
If things go against the appeal, we can expect a heavy points deduction.
A couple of reasons why.
1) Trying to deceive the Football League for starters.
2) Forget about Spurs winning a points deduction case...that was for something completely different to Administration.
Wake up and smell the coffee mate. ffs!
3) Don't think for one second that the FL will be going easy on us if we lose. You're deluded if you think that!:facepalm:

torchomatic

Delboycov

You don't listen, do you. Appealing will not affect any future decisions that the FL care to make. If they are going to give us a further penalty then that will happen regardless. As you're a "Sky Blue kid" then I presume you want your football team to potentially get back those ten points and give the players and fans a boost?

Then again, I think you're hate of SISU is greater than your support for your football club.

Or you are unable to distinguish between CCFC and SISU and don't realise that the actions of the latter are not necessarily in the best interests of or not done with the best regards to the future of the former...Not necessarily with regards this appeal but with virtually any decisions they've taken in the past.

Last edited:

torchomatic

warwickcccfc

You don't listen, do you..

Now that is rich coming from the 'man' who shouts everyone down if they dare criticise SISU.

Your stance and opinions have been shown for the sham they are....ill informed rants with some apparent unequivocal loyalty to a Mayfair hedge fund who have clearly wound our club into near oblivion.

Accusing CCFC fans of not being fans after what you have posted is beyond belief....and that aimed at those who travel home AND away spending their hard-earned cash.

Wind your neck in, buddy....

valiant15

Torch is the self confest richardson hater who apparently was very vocal about ousting him all those years ago,yet he stands by and applauds the actions of a hedgefund that have taken us to the lowest times in our history. The man is a hypocrite. I hope that when his mates at sisu bugger off he follows them. City fan my arse.

fernandopartridge

@ Fernandopartridge..

And where did you get your information from?....Donal Murphy on "Free Radio" by any chance? lmfao!:facepalm:

No - I get it from having a more balanced view than the likes of you.

Under what grounds would CCFC be given a further points reduction after an unsuccessful appeal? Please explain.

grego_gee

Or you are unable to distinguish between CCFC and SISU and don't realise that the actions of the latter are not necessarily in the best interests of or not done with the best regards to the future of the former...Not necessarily with regards this appeal but with virtually any decisions they've taken in the past.

I would be interested to hear it if you can list half a dozen actions of SISU that were against the best interests of CCFC....
you can perhaps start with with funding the accadamy to grade 2 status?
and then go on to funding the best / second best squad in L1....

what next?

:pimp:

davebart

I think you can call it the best squad in L1 when we are top

by the same measure we had the best squad in the championship

Mary_Mungo_Midge

then go on to funding the best / second best squad in L1....

We're meant to be grateful that they've funded us moderately well in the third division? How about the fact we shouldn't even be here?

The SISU legacy is one of unfailing demise into embarrassment. Lowest league position in three generations, annual transfer embargo, accounts incessantly late, a debt free claim that appears a sham, dwindling gates, no long term plan. Now administration.

What the hell do they have to do for some people to wake up?!?

davebart

No - I get it from having a more balanced view than the likes of you.

Under what grounds would CCFC be given a further points reduction after an unsuccessful appeal? Please explain.

When you say balanced view - why are you focusing so much on whether there will be further penalties or not. There are all sorts of ramifications to this appeal which don't seem to be considered by those with 'balanced views'.

Delboycov

I would be interested to hear it if you can list half a dozen actions of SISU that were against the best interests of CCFC....

what next?
/

You mean funding the best/second best team (highly debateable) in a league which we are only in due to the total mismanagement of the club meaning we are in our lowest league position in generations?

You mean refusing to pay any rent at all(including an amount deemed fair) which may have staved off any threat of administration and the resultant points deduction?

You mean reneging on a seemingly very fair deal which would've avoided this whole sorry mess so the only discussions we'd be having were about the team and formation for tomorrow?

Could go on mate but I've got a life and I doubt if anything I say would strike a chord with someone so blind to the devastation and destruction by SISU to our club I'd be wasting my time anyway.

J

Jack Griffin

what next?

Are you saying that loading £60M debt on CCFC Ltd is in the clubs intrests.
Are you saying selling promising academy players before they even play a full season for the club is in the clubs intrests.
Are you saying entering transfer embargos on a regular basis is in the clubs intrests.
Are you saying the fiasco of the Chief Executive sitting on the bench is in the clubs intrests.
Are you saying demotion to Division 3 for the first time in 49 years is in the clubs intrests.
Are you saying losing the first successful manager City has had in many years to a rival club before he completed a full season is in the clubs intrests.

procdoc

what next?

are you serious? If you are then you really are clueless

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I also don't think one can understate the negative influence on our reputation in footballing circles. Jimmy Hill made us a proud club. We had one day of true glory, and competed - albeit only just - for over thirty years. We were, to the biggest, small fry: but respected small fry.

The slide started well before SISU, let's be clear, but as Manchester City and Southampton have done, we should have been steered back to a reasonable level. There was the promise of a debt free blank canvas to work from.

But look what's happened. How do we have so much debt so soon? How can we not even know what our owner looks like? How does it take a forensic accountant to understand who owns what or whom? Why should we be viewed as shameful cheats by those with their house in order? What's the next duplicitous low we can reach?

And how can some folk still consider this shameful tenure acceptable?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread