Breaking news - players released (1 Viewer)

Otis

i am lost here, players are being released but absolutely no more detail. COme back when there is real news please!!!:sleep:

It's almost like saying 'today there will be some weather.'

BrisbaneBronco

SISU don't do walking off into the sunset...

Maybe/Maybe not.
However, what can they do with a squad of players and no GS?
They could bid to buy Ltd back off the administrator, but to do this they would have to pay financially for their own cock up and eat a huge amount of Humble Pie and invest more and more money to keep the whole thing going.
Can you see that happening?
I would like to point out that my assumption is that players are with Holdings and GS with Ltd, which I think is likely, but as yet not confirmed by administrator or SISU:thinking about:

Nonleagueherewecome

Of course when there actually is some breaking news, we'll need a new thread as this one doesn't actually have any.

stupot07

Steven Pressely has said he wants the squad down by about 10 players.

We know he had one on ones with the players yesterday to tell them if they fit in his plans.

Today we will find out in the media that some players are to be released

Is anyone shocked?

Not only does he want to trim the squad down by 10, he also wants to shake the squad up, so realistically you're looking at at least 15 going, if not 18-20.

Otis

Yep. Apart from the obvious suspects (Wood. Sheff) He can start by removing the AT failures before anyone else too.

Sub

pressley-h144-796022_478x359.jpg

I want to produce a very hungry set of players who are tuned totally into the way we want to play our football. Steven Pressley, Mon 29 Apr 2013
City boss speaks to Sky Blues squad about who is and is not part of his plans next season
Coventry City manager Steven Pressley and development director Steve Waggott have completed preliminary discussions with the entire Sky Blues first team squad as part of their planning for the future.

Pressley, who has been in post two months, has drawn-up plans for his squad in the last few weeks, and has been explaining them to the players.

The manager has confirmed that talks will see a “considerable turnaround” of playing staff as he looks to craft a more manageable squad size for next season.

“Our development director Steve Waggott and I met all 34 players over the weekend to discuss our plans for the next season and beyond,” he said.

“There are players who will not be involved and it was vitally important this process was handled in the right manner. Those talks will be on-going.

“I want to produce a very hungry set of players who are tuned totally into the way we want to play our football. I want us as fit and committed as possible.

“I have now got the chance to shape the squad and the work is well under way.

“I believe that 34 players is too many for a club of this size and I want to reduce that and that is a footballing decision. However under financial fair play we still need to make decisions that will leave us room for manoeuvre when rebuilding a side that can challenge for promotion.

“We can only spend on our playing budget, 60 per cent of our turnover and, as everyone is aware, we do not currently have access to a great deal of the revenue we generate. I have to factor that into my plans.

“I also want to ensure that the players we are developing in our academy have a clear route through to the first team squad, and that is another reason why we need to be leaner and hungrier.”

Waggott added: "I'm sure supporters will be very keen to know who will and will not be figuring in Steven Pressley's plans following the discussions this weekend.

"We hope to be able to answer as soon as we practically can because yesterday was just the first step in the process and we need to sit down with agents and formalise the proceedings before we can make any official announcements."

Pressley did however confirm that James Bailey and Callum Ball will return to Derby County when their agreements lapse in June, but that he was talking to Southampton about the future of centre-half Aaron Martin.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/pressley-on-team-talks-799045.aspx#TUvMPR83txX4twB5.99

SkyBlueScottie

So from that + common sense Wood is off, Cameron also, which leaves Edge and Willis potentially Martin coming in. Would we go into the season with only 3 centre halfs? Jordan Clarke could also offer cover. I think Bell will also leave McSheff offered a new deal but on very different terms.... Dunn will also leave therefore promoting Burge to the bench, also playing in the under 21 games. Christie may well be attracting attention so is another who may be off. If you take anything from his comments then Cody will also be off. What was or turnover last year that may give us an indication as to the size of the budget..... One good thing IMO is Waggott he certainly seems to be able to recognise the going rate for a footballer.

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

As mentioned earlier news

Sky Blues say Richard Wood, Stephen Elliott, Jordan Stewart, Danny Philliskirk & Nathan Cameron will all be leaving the club.

suddsy101

Richard Wood, Stephen Elliott, Jordan Stewart, Danny Philliskirk and Nathan Cameron are all being released, does tht mean willis wilson and JEFFERS are being offered new ones

RoboCCFC90

Out of all five players the only one I am slightly disappointed to see leaving is Stephen Elliott..

SkyBlueRuffian

So from that + common sense Wood is off, Cameron also, which leaves Edge and Willis potentially Martin coming in. Would we go into the season with only 3 centre halfs? Jordan Clarke could also offer cover. I think Bell will also leave McSheff offered a new deal but on very different terms.... Dunn will also leave therefore promoting Burge to the bench, also playing in the under 21 games. Christie may well be attracting attention so is another who may be off. If you take anything from his comments then Cody will also be off. What was or turnover last year that may give us an indication as to the size of the budget..... One good thing IMO is Waggott he certainly seems to be able to recognise the going rate for a footballer.

The season starts in August mate, not next week.

wingy

So Elliott has been released without Pressley ever seeing him play, hardly for football reasons then is it.

Possibly as out of contract while others with are harder to shift.
What about Sheff ,could have sworn his deal expires along with Wood?

torchomatic

Shame that. I liked him.

So Elliott has been released without Pressley ever seeing him play, hardly for football reasons then is it.

Benkilby1

Stevey elliot is being released! Thats a joke has he even seen him play this season?- Woody our heart of the defence. Cameron-goodbye :). - joradan clarke isnt that bad is he havnt really seen him play

Mucca Mad Boys

4 goals in how many appearances? Is he worth keeping? Not if SP wants to bring in any new faces.

Besides, I reckon he's watched lots of DVDs/videos of the teams games to get an idea of individual players, style etc.

If McSheffrey gets offered a new deal, I'll be disappointed, I hoped to see him fuck off!

Last edited:

psgm1

Banned
At least we tied down Bell for a massive contract, as he has played such a major impact in staving off relegation and helped in the campaign to regain automatic promotion. Surprise SBT aren't trying to make him life president

Users who are viewing this thread