Bright (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

cc84cov

I suspect because his agent his exhausted his other options
He's definitely available but our management team and players who were here at the time know what this lad is all about
You don’t think it’s true we have made contact ?

KenilworthSkyBlue

I personally just don't see the value. He's an absolute maverick who only really cares about the wage rather than actually playing football.

Would likely be nothing more than a disruptive influence and give Robins nothing but a recurring headache.

Undoubtable talent but I would be very surprised if the club even half considered bringing him back.

Tommo1993

Get this weird feeling that because he knows he did very well in his time here, he dragged us up the table imo, he looks at us as a fall back.

Right thread this time!

lordy_87

I'd have him back on a one year contract with a clause that if he begins to act up we can terminate it immediately.

SlowerThanPlatt

I believe it's true but suspect Bright's agent may have initiated it
I'll be surprised if it happens

I just don’t see what we can possibly gain from it, players probably didn’t mind to an extent him missing training in League 1 when he won us a couple of games but he’s not good enough to be given that leeway in the Championship.

ccfc1234

If and it's a big if MR thinks the Nigerian Ravel Morrison is worth a gamble on we need to have a water tight contract with break clauses for specific disciplinary occurrences. This way we can easily give notice and off he goes.

We seem to have a great dressing room and unless the likes of McFaz are able to get a hold of him we could be signing a player not guaranteed to set the championship alight but has form for being a bad influence.

Look elsewhere and offer nearer the start of the season if plan A and B don't work.

long way home

Once bitten twice shy, I would be shocked if MR thought he would fit into this group. The signings so far 2 are players who are good experienced pro's that are known to be good within a changing room. As for Sheaf not the level of experience as the other 2 but is already apart of the group and is a known quantity to MR.

SlowerThanPlatt

If and it's a big if MR thinks the Nigerian Ravel Morrison is worth a gamble on we need to have a water tight contract with break clauses for specific disciplinary occurrences. This way we can easily give notice and off he goes.

We seem to have a great dressing room and unless the likes of McFaz are able to get a hold of him we could be signing a player not guaranteed to set the championship alight but has form for being a bad influence.

Look elsewhere and offer nearer the start of the season if plan A and B don't work.

Why would he sign a contract like that? Judging by what one or two posters have said, he’ll be thinking the other way round, that we’re lucky to have him

Saddlebrains

Makes me laugh.

People on here turn there nose up at a proven championship player like Paterson, yet tongue the rim of a bloke who had about 8 good games for us in a midtable L1 team and is a well known troublemaker and prize prick.

Mind boggles with some of our support it really does

ccfc1234

Why would he sign a contract like that? Judging by what one or two posters have said, he’ll be thinking the other way round, that we’re lucky to have him
If he won't engage on those terms or something akin to, then I would be reluctant. If people think we would be lucky to have him I suggest they need to look at the influence he has been having recently. Ability alone does not make a player effective or more importantly a good teammate.

cooperskyblue

Bright is a maverick. He was fantastic for us and Robins and Adi certainly managed him well where clearly at other places he hasn't been tolerated as well.

Natural ability is clear to see and I could get quite excited by his arrival but we have built a fantastic team spirit and ethic and I wouldn't want that jeopardising.

Ultimately I'll trust Robins judgement.

Tommo1993

Used to love Enobakhare. Wouldn’t really like us to sign him now though. Not sure a total maverick would fit.

Users who are viewing this thread