Match Thread Bristol City V Coventry City (2 Viewers)

jordan210

Looking at his history. He seams to be mainly championship based. So hopefully he is better than some of the others we have had

johnwillomagic

Yeah definitely too soon I think for Rose & Dabo who have both only had very limited match football. If possible I think Robins will try to give them a bit of game time in the second half - 30 mins for both max unless we are going really badly think this is how we will line up.

Marosi GK
Pask RWB
Ostigaard CB
Fadz CB
Hyam CB
Giles LWB
Kelly DCM
Harmer DCM
O'Hare ACM
Shipley ACM
Godden ST

Subs: Wilson, Dabo, Rose, Allen, Hilssner, Baka, Walker

Lots of options off the bench - looks a stronger 18 on paper than last season but we shall see - big weight on Harmer's shoulders to take over from Liam Walsh! As I said would be delighted with the draw!

mr_monkey

Yeah definitely too soon I think for Rose & Dabo who have both only had very limited match football. If possible I think Robins will try to give them a bit of game time in the second half - 30 mins for both max unless we are going really badly think this is how we will line up.

Marosi GK
Pask RWB
Ostigaard CB
Fadz CB
Hyam CB
Giles LWB
Kelly DCM
Harmer DCM
O'Hare ACM
Shipley ACM
Godden ST

Lots of options off the bench - looks a stronger 18 on paper than last season but we shall see - big weight on Harmer's shoulders to take over from Liam Walsh! As I said would be delighted with the draw!

Marosi GK
Pask RWB
Ostigaard CB
Fadz CB
Hyam CB
Giles LWB
Kelly DCM
Harmer DCM
O'Hare ACM
Shipley ACM
Godden ST

Swap shipley for Allen and that's what we will start with... I can't believe how underrated Allen is on this board, the guy was instrumental in our great unbeaten run last season

johnwillomagic

Was going to pick Allen ahead of Shipley and I do rate him just feel Shipley has a better engine to start the game and works well with Godden off of scraps. Allen to come on for Shipley after 60 when players tire and he can make use of the time and space.

That's how I see it anyhow will see what MR decides i suppose would not be upset if Allen gets the nod over Shipley in starting xi.

Kieranp96

I said they were a decent side mate which is what they are. I simply stated they are also not as good as some people are waffling about on here.
They might not be as good as people make out, but how good do we fair in this league? Reality of it these teams are built on players purchased over seasons that have experienced it, we have what 3 players that have any championship experience.

David O'Day

They might not be as good as people make out, but how good do we fair in this league? Reality of it these teams are built on players purchased over seasons that have experienced it, we have what 3 players that have any championship experience.

Not the point I or anyone was making

Happy_Martian

Would Ostigard be available if he's been on international duty ? Wouldn't he have to self isolate ? I see on the Brizzle City forum that they have a couple of possible Covid absentees due to overseas games.

David O'Day

Would Ostigard be available if he's been on international duty ? Wouldn't he have to self isolate ? I see on the Brizzle City forum that they have a couple of possible Covid absentees due to overseas games.

"elite" sportsman don't have to as they are assumed to have been a in a covid free bubble

stay_up_skyblues

Marosi GK
Pask RWB
Ostigaard CB
Fadz CB
Hyam CB
Giles LWB
Kelly DCM
Harmer DCM
O'Hare ACM
Shipley ACM
Godden ST

Swap Allen for Shippers and I’d say that‘s the starting 11 for this one.

Reactions: AOM

PVA

Yeah I think the only question mark is Shipley vs Allen, I think the rest of the team is pretty nailed on for tomorrow.

Personally I'd go with Allen, but no complaints if Shipley gets the nod.

I bet he's tempted by Dabo, but surely too early for him.

cc84cov

Changed my mind all week on this one,I feel if we start well come out at it from the off we will be ok.

1-1 draw with Godden scoring early,Bristol grabbing an equaliser late on with us holding out for a point.

cc84cov

Yeah I think the only question mark is Shipley vs Allen, I think the rest of the team is pretty nailed on for tomorrow.

Personally I'd go with Allen, but no complaints if Shipley gets the nod.

I bet he's tempted by Dabo, but surely too early for him.
Yep agree with this Dabo just not quite sharp enough yet for me,

speedie87

Bristol City signing Chris Brunt makes me nervous. He always tended to do well against us! If I remember correctly, he scored directly from a corner at the Ricoh when he was at Sheffield Wednesday
I swear he scored every time of goal v us. Left foot,right foot, pen, free kick corner , half way line once , only thing not sure is header

Hertsccfc

My worry is who at RWB is gonna deal with him he’s a Wiley old fox
Agree with this and I am surprised we haven't brought in a short term loan RWB. I guess we have to trust the manager's faith in Pask in that role and hope he has a good game. He seems a talented player

Liquid Gold

Agree with this and I am surprised we haven't brought in a short term loan RWB. I guess we have to trust the manager's faith in Pask in that role and hope he has a good game. He seems a talented player
There are no short term loans anymore. It’s 6 or 12 months

Speedies_Chips

Was going to pick Allen ahead of Shipley and I do rate him just feel Shipley has a better engine to start the game and works well with Godden off of scraps. Allen to come on for Shipley after 60 when players tire and he can make use of the time and space.

That's how I see it anyhow will see what MR decides i suppose would not be upset if Allen gets the nod over Shipley in starting xi.

I would say Shipley's engine is his major flaw. There were so many games he started last season where he appeared to bw blowing out of his arse after about 30-35 minutes. Allen has far more energy/stamina.

SlowerThanPlatt

Howcome Sheaf move still hasn’t been approved by the FA? Not clued up about these things but hasn’t happened to our other signings

Users who are viewing this thread