Bristol (H) moved to Tue 30th Jan 7:45pm (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

Friday? Rule out Sunday from the info below.

Sheffield United are also due to travel to Crystal Palace the following Tuesday night (January 30), so it is highly unlikely that their match would be pushed back that weekend. Though this could either mean that the Blades play on the Friday, or the Owls could play on the Sunday

Blind-Faith

Fucking Tuesday night! Ffs sick to the back teeth of home games not being on Saturday at 3pm , football is going to the dogs , ruined by sky

Blind-Faith

Due to the FA Cup you simpleton
No Shit Sherlock, a Saturday home game has had to be moved, which I’ve already paid for, for a Saturday away game which I won’t be going to. Probabaly won’t make the rearranged game aswell. Waste of time and money having a season ticket this year.

Legia Sky Blue

No Shit Sherlock, a Saturday home game has had to be moved, which I’ve already paid for, for a Saturday away game which I won’t be going to. Probabaly won’t make the rearranged game aswell. Waste of time and money having a season ticket this year.

I guess you would rather we had lost to Oxford so that you could have had your Saturday game? Unfortunately the more successful a team is the more their fixtures will be moved. This is nothing new, well maybe for us it is, but if we want the team to do well it is unlikely to get any better.

slowpoke

Nothing has really changed
It’s been a rule going back years that the FA Cup games take priority.

Blind-Faith

Just been through our 23 home leagues games on the bbc website , 10 of them have or are going to be Saturday 3 pm kicks offs as it stands and no doubt will probably change again , 43.5% , an absolute joke

mark82

To be fair, this one has been the case most seasons. Even if we'd have been knocked out Bristol City may still get through so may have been moved anyway.

mark82

Just been through our 23 home leagues games on the bbc website , 10 of them have or are going to be Saturday 3 pm kicks offs , 43.5% , an absolute joke
If we ever get promoted it will be even worse. Unfortunately need to get used to it.

Even if not, new TV deal kicks in next year which will mean even more televised games. May as well get rid of the 3pm blackout now. Pointless.

Blind-Faith

If we ever get promoted it will be even worse. Unfortunately need to get used to it.

Even if not, new TV deal kicks in next year which will mean even more televised games. May as well get rid of the 3pm blackout now. Pointless.
Yeah I get that it’s changing and times change etc, it just boils my piss as I’m sure it does a lot of people.

Brighton Sky Blue

Surprised they assumed that most Championship clubs wouldn’t get through the 3rd round and scheduled games for that weekend instead. I mean I get why they assumed we wouldn’t, but still

Hobo

You know when you buy your season tickets that games get moved, if you are still in the FA Cup.

SBbucks

Surprised they assumed that most Championship clubs wouldn’t get through the 3rd round and scheduled games for that weekend instead. I mean I get why they assumed we wouldn’t, but still

It makes sense to have league games scheduled for 4th round weekend and then rearrange a few, rather than the other way around. There would be moans about a free Saturday if they had left it clear and we had been knocked out in the 3rd round, especially from the “Saturday 3pm is sacrosanct” crowd.
And this is the way that it has been for many years so not sure why the surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

It makes sense to have league games scheduled for 4th round weekend and then rearrange a few, rather than the other way around. There would be moans about a free Saturday if they had left it clear and we had been knocked out in the 3rd round, especially from the “Saturday 3pm is sacrosanct” crowd.
And this is the way that it has been for many years so not sure why the surprise.

I’d assume that in most seasons at least or close to half of Championship teams get through round 3? He says without checking

SBbucks

I’d assume that in most seasons at least or close to half of Championship teams get through round 3? He says without checking

That’s probably about right, 8 already out at the moment, and a handful of replays so probably 10-12 gone after the replays. So chances are 3 or 4 games might be on, which would otherwise have to be night games (there are no free Saturdays). So why not schedule them for the 27th, I can’t see the downside.

Brighton Sky Blue

That’s probably about right, 8 already out at the moment, and a handful of replays so probably 10-12 gone after the replays. So chances are 3 or 4 games might be on, which would otherwise have to be night games (there are no free Saturdays). So why not schedule them for the 27th, I can’t see the downside.

My general point being that more games are going to have to be rearranged now than could theoretically have been added in on a ‘free’ weekend. And I imagine that’s the case most seasons

Users who are viewing this thread