Brussels (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Three bombs gone off. Two in the main airport, and one in a metro station.

Utterly unbelievable that people could even think about something like this. It makes me so fucking angry.

Rest in peace all that won't make it today.

ajsccfc

Sky News reporter seemed almost critical of the airport staff for keeping calm by accusing them of not understanding the seriousness of it or something like that. Constantly baying for blood, that channel.

The Reverend Skyblue

I've had a hairy morning, my son works in Brussels at the British Embassy. He lives there with his girlfriend and after what seemed an eternity he finally contacted us to say he's fine and locked in at work. He had walked past the metro station ten minutes earlier and thankfully his girlfriend who uses the metro to get to work had already got into work.

he was due to use the airport tomorrow to fly with his girlfriend to Her home in Italy tomorrow to spend Easter with her family.

thank the Lord they are OK but my heart goes out to those families who have been dealt a devastating blow.

James Smith

These people are cowards nothing more than that.

CCFC88

Three bombs gone off. Two in the main airport, and one in a metro station.

Utterly unbelievable that people could even think about something like this. It makes me so fucking angry.

Rest in peace all that won't make it today.

Its not utterly unbelievable though is it, it is the world we live in at the moment.

lifeskyblue

Not unbelievable at all. In fact the real surprise is that these attacks are not more frequent and shows how effective security services really are. People who carry these attacks out are cowards who have no concern for human life.
The issue is how determined are we to cut these attack at source. Yes greater security will lessen the opportunities to carry out these attacks but we need to tackle the source or the attacks will just focus on 'softer' targets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M&B Stand

Not unbelievable at all. In fact the real surprise is that these attacks are not more frequent and shows how effective security services really are. People who carry these attacks out are cowards who have no concern for human life.
The issue is how determined are we to cut these attack at source. Yes greater security will lessen the opportunities to carry out these attacks but we need to tackle the source or the attacks will just focus on 'softer' targets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There isn't the political will to tackle it at source.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Its not utterly unbelievable though is it, it is the world we live in at the moment.

I didn't say that the attacks were unbelievable, more that the people who carry them out are unbelievable for even thinking that they are a good idea.

It is something that is happening more often, and something that no doubt we will start getting used to. There's many reasons for that, reasons I don't want to even go into right now.

I can see the UK being another target very soon, and it's probably only a matter of time now.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I've had a hairy morning, my son works in Brussels at the British Embassy. He lives there with his girlfriend and after what seemed an eternity he finally contacted us to say he's fine and locked in at work. He had walked past the metro station ten minutes earlier and thankfully his girlfriend who uses the metro to get to work had already got into work.

he was due to use the airport tomorrow to fly with his girlfriend to Her home in Italy tomorrow to spend Easter with her family.

thank the Lord they are OK but my heart goes out to those families who have been dealt a devastating blow.

I'm really glad they're ok for your sake. I can't imagine how stressful that must have been this morning.

I'm sure they'll appreaite the trip to Italy even more now though!

fernandopartridge

I didn't say that the attacks were unbelievable, more that the people who carry them out are unbelievable for even thinking that they are a good idea.

It is something that is happening more often, and something that no doubt we will start getting used to. There's many reasons for that, reasons I don't want to even go into right now.

I can see the UK being another target very soon, and it's probably only a matter of time now.

There are less terror attacks in the UK than there were 20-30-40 years ago.

CCFC88

But the people that carried out these attacks are of the same mindset of those that carried out 9/11, the Bataclan, 7/7, the Birmingham pub bombings. It is by no means unbelievable that there are people that think they are a good idea. It may be unbelievable for you to think, but not for them.

The UK will be a target, fortunately for us we have an incredibly good intelligence outfit and I think that if you knew half of the plans that are stopped before they have walked out of their doorstep you'd find that even more unbelievable.

Grendel

Moff

Sky News reporter seemed almost critical of the airport staff for keeping calm by accusing them of not understanding the seriousness of it or something like that. Constantly baying for blood, that channel.

I think Sky wnat everyone running round in a panic as it makes better viewing. Well done for the Airport staff for being calm in a time of extreme panic and crisis, and for dealing with it in a way which probably aided many terrrfied people.

Just waiting for Kay Burely to turn up looking for a sad dog.

Macca

Correct. Involvement in their foreign affairs has created this problem for us.

They are ruthless, clever and single minded. They have allowed us to do most of the donkey work ourselves and now the foot soldiers are coming to finish the job. Enjoy your freedom while you can everyone. Soon you will realise the nature of a truly intolerant society and yearn for the old one that you scoffed at so readily.

Moff

There isn't the political will to tackle it at source.

They will win

All true and valid points.

Sadly all the political posturing on this issue, and foreign affairs has achieved absoloutely zero, and our involvement in several Middle Eastern Countries, on the whim of our politicians, has made the situation worse, most recently Syria and Libya being perfect examples.

Liquid Gold

My manager was in a panic this morning as her sister works for the EU in Brussels.I had no idea what to say to her, such a terrible thing.

Macca

The good news is they have now heard that people are changing their Facebook pictures to flags and putting lights on landmarks and have promised not to do it again

The Lurker

How do you work this out? Many of the terrorists are born in the EU and not effected by Syria conflict etc...

These people are scum and I was reading somewhere that in past 30 days.

23 Islamic attacks in 22 countries
1018 killed and 2008 injured.

Islam is the problem

Covstu

How do you work this out? Many of the terrorists are born in the EU and not effected by Syria conflict etc...

These people are scum and I was reading somewhere that in past 30 days.

23 Islamic attacks in 22 countries
1018 killed and 2008 injured.

Islam is the problem
No it's the idiots that kill in that name.

The Lurker

No it's the idiots that kill in that name.

Over 1000 dead in a month! You telling me that's not a problem? You never see Muslims coming out and speaking against all the acts. Why don't they come out in unity against it?

You soon see Muslims outrage when trump speaks against them but when a act of terrorism is committed they are very quiet

NorthernWisdom

The Lurker

This is a downright lie.

http://www.mcb.org.uk/muslim-council-of-britain-condemns-attacks-in-brussels/

Why do you lie about such things, and try and make a cheap political point out of tragedy?

Why do youlike about such things, and make sweeping shallow generalisations?

Why do you lie about such things, and try and turn people against a whole body of people?

They should be out Marching against it. They soon March or start petitions against tesco for selling bacon crisps next to Ramadan aisles or against trump but you never see mass marches by Muslims when this happens

The Lurker

This is a downright lie.

http://www.mcb.org.uk/muslim-council-of-britain-condemns-attacks-in-brussels/

Why do you lie about such things, and try and make a cheap political point out of tragedy?

Why do youlike about such things, and make sweeping shallow generalisations?

Why do you lie about such things, and try and turn people against a whole body of people?

Actions speak louder than words. I could write a statement. Doesn't mean anything. They need Stand up and speak as one against it.

NorthernWisdom

What a load of absolute offensive bollocks you speak.

The worst thing is by doing so, by trying to set man against man, you do exactly what terrorists want. You are complicit.

Do not condemn those who want a quiet, peaceful world to live in.

The Lurker

What a load of absolute offensive bollocks you speak.

The worst thing is by doing so, by trying to set man against man, you do exactly what terrorists want. You are complicit.

Do not condemn those who want a quiet, peaceful world to live in.

So answer me the following questions.

In Coventry, a subway in foleshill refuses to sell bacon as it offends them. Should that be right?

When an event like uk or USA invade a Muslim country they all come out burning flags etc.. This happens in England. Is that right?

When soliders coming back from afghan were parading they were spat on by Muslims. Is that right?

Child grooming gangs all over England ran by Muslims are exploiting vulnerable young girls. Is that right?

Further up I said past 30 days there had been Islamic attacks in 22 countries killing over 1000 people.

Yeah peaceful world we live in hey

Liquid Gold

Over 1000 dead in a month! You telling me that's not a problem? You never see Muslims coming out and speaking against all the acts. Why don't they come out in unity against it?

You soon see Muslims outrage when trump speaks against them but when a act of terrorism is committed they are very quiet

The vast majority of those killed are Muslim. In times like this you have to remember that the point of these bombings is to turn public opinion in the west against Muslims. If you're using these attacks to promote prejudice you're just a useful idiot doing the work of ISIS.

The Lurker

The vast majority of those killed are Muslim. In times like this you have to remember that the point of these bombings is to turn public opinion in the west against Muslims. If you're using these attacks to promote prejudice you're just a useful idiot doing the work of ISIS.

Another deluded post. These attacks are happening all over the world not just Europe. Prejudice? I'm promoting facts

Nick

Administrator
Trump was on TV this morning. Basically saying he would hit ISIS hard.

While I don't disagree with taking out anybody to do with ISIS, have to be very careful not to start killing innocent people.

By all means, gather intelligence and then go in and take them out but as soon as you start bombing the shit out of other countries and killing innocent people it is no better is it?

Users who are viewing this thread