Bumper Crowd of 11k hoped for! (1 Viewer)

Grendel

And the headline is ...

I guess I don't have your fabulous powers of forensic reinterpretation. :rolleyes:

No you said prediction is 9,000 - the headline, though admittedly trying to create a negative spin, says 9,000 are already purchased and that's without any match day purchases or walk ups.

Still it is noted you have chosen to leap on this with your usual negative anti CCFC agenda.

SkyBlue_Bear83

And the headline is ...

I guess I don't have your fabulous powers of forensic reinterpretation. :rolleyes:

It says almost 9k sold as it stands, that isn't a prediction, it is an update of ticket sales. You have walk ups + people using match packages + any tickets sold between now and Saturday to add to that.

Grendel

Grendel

Yes Grendel you are correct. Fans not turning up are lazy, there's no other reasons. All them exciting seasons we've had recently and fans still won't turn up!

The term was as deliberately emotive as yours.

We know Sisu no longer fund the club - it's entirely self funding - those who go contribute and deserve a say - those who don't have no influence and deserve no voice.

SlowerThanPlatt

Conversely, with fans who deserted the club on relegation they don't really deserve a team any better than what they've got.

Some of you are starting to sound like Liverpool victim fans.

When did this happen? Let's take into account this is our fourth season now, not finished above 17th(?) once and had to play in Northampton for two years. Add to this 10 seasons of doing absolutely nothing in the Championship(apart from finishing 8th one season) then you've got the perfect recipe for low crowds.

Sick Boy

Conversely, with fans who deserted the club on relegation they don't really deserve a team any better than what they've got.

Some of you are starting to sound like Liverpool victim fans.

Haha this has been going on for a while...maybe with a bit of Newcastle as well.

Sick Boy

When did this happen? Let's take into account this is our fourth season now, not finished above 17th(?) once and had to play in Northampton for two years. Add to this 10 seasons of doing absolutely nothing in the Championship(apart from finishing 8th one season) then you've got the perfect recipe for low crowds.

We spent 34 years in the top flight, how many other clubs have had that kind of success after rising through the lower leagues?

bringbackrattles

11-12,000 at the Ricoh does look slightly average in a stadium that can take 30 odd thousand.But that gate at Highfield Road before we moved where I think it held 21,000 wouldn't look too bad.

Grendel

We didn't play in Northampton for 2 years. If you can't even get that right what hope is there. Go and get some training from Council Jack - actually he's made a royal arse on here tonight as well. Lucas will not be happy boys - best go and see Dongle - he will show you the anti CCFC propaganda game.

bringbackrattles

We didn't play in Northampton for 2 years. If you can't even get that right what hope is there. Go and get some training from Council Jack - actually he's made a royal arse on here tonight as well. Lucas will not be happy boys - best go and see Dongle - he will show you the anti CCFC propaganda game.
You're a music fan like me Grendel and I've been waiting for a track from you on my Mowbray Tunes thread.Marillions:Script For A Jesters Tear ?

Astute

No you said prediction is 9,000 - the headline, though admittedly trying to create a negative spin, says 9,000 are already purchased and that's without any match day purchases or walk ups.

Still it is noted you have chosen to leap on this with your usual negative anti CCFC agenda.

Anti Otium / SISU or whatever they call themselves more like.

SlowerThanPlatt

We spent 34 years in the top flight, how many other clubs have had that kind of success after rising through the lower leagues?

I'm not sure. And anyway, what does that have to do with anything recently? That point is a bit like saying Pele was a great player for 40 years ago he should still be a great player now.

End of the day we were a crap Championship team for 11 years and a crap League 1 team for 3 years. I could not think of a more boring team to follow for the last 15 years. We've had one cup run to the quarter finals of the FA cup and a JPT semi final, that's it.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

Well a year and a bit then. I'm not anti anyone, only want the best for CCFC and its future - and that's obviously without SISU dragging the club down even lower.

fernandopartridge

Average gate 11/12 circa 15k, average gate the season after circa 10k.

Astute

So if we get promotion this season will you say it was because of SISU or :confused:

I would say it was because of SISU. They got us demoted to this division so of course it would be because of them that we got promoted.

SlowerThanPlatt

Average gate 11/12 circa 15k, average gate the season after circa 10k.
So.....take 1k off for the difference between Champ and L1 away support which is out of our control, so we lost 3,000 fans after 11 boring years in the Championship? How is that abondoning the club? If anything I'd say that was a good return.

stupot07

I would say it was because of SISU. They got us demoted to this division so of course it would be because of them that we got promoted.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, we had been struggling with one of the lower 3-4 turnovers in the championship, spending £6-7m on losses to try and avoid relegation. I am in now way sticking up for SISU here but the season we were relegated the teams with the 4 lowest Turnovers were us, Doncaster, Barnsley and Peterborough. There's no coincidence why we're all in League One now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread