Burge tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

Lol! Like this forum is the Hive mind for all CCFC supporters!There ain't half some deluded posters on here.

Most city fans (who have seen Burge play this season) are content with him as City's number 1. More importantly out manager is content with Burge and has said so on numerous occasions! Mogga's judge of ability seems to working so far.

Just find it so ironic that we seem to blindly support certain players who have risen from our academy system, yet there are some (Connor Thomas to name one) who seem to get a lot of flack because they aren't Ronaldo or Messi!

Burge is a decent keeper for our division and will only get better,if given a chance & will am sure play most games this year.

I'll predict he'll win us more points than lose them this year.

In went in off Ferguson's beard....

bawtryneal

Lol! Like this forum is the Hive mind for all CCFC supporters!There ain't half some deluded posters on here.

Most city fans (who have seen Burge play this season) are content with him as City's number 1. More importantly out manager is content with Burge and has said so on numerous occasions! Mogga's judge of ability seems to working so far.

Just find it so ironic that we seem to blindly support certain players who have risen from our academy system, yet there are some (Connor Thomas to name one) who seem to get a lot of flack because they aren't Ronaldo or Messi!

Burge is a decent keeper for our division and will only get better,if given a chance & will am sure play most games this year.

Agree 100%

magic82ball

I think it would be near impossible for any keeper to lose a team more points than gain. Just saving a shot on target is surely saving potential points?

Burge is bilge, no doubt about it and should now be top of TM shopping list. failure to address will, I am sure, cost us vital points in our promotion push. saying this however needs to be qualified by also saying as long as he is no1, he should be supported whole heartedly.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Samo

I think it would be near impossible for any keeper to lose a team more points than gain. Just saving a shot on target is surely saving potential points?

Burge is bilge, no doubt about it and should now be top of TM shopping list. failure to address will, I am sure, cost us vital points in our promotion push. saying this however needs to be qualified by also saying as long as he is no1, he should be supported whole heartedly.

And there was me trusting TM's opinion.

magic82ball

And there was me trusting TM's opinion.
We're not all in the business of tickling TM's balls, I like him but he isn't perfect.

Are you telling me there is not a better keeper available in the loan market or on a free? I'll trust him as far as he thinks he is the best available at the club but I'm not having there is not a better alternative out there that we could get.

Sick Boy

How anybody can say 23 isn't young for a goalkeeper is beyond me.

Oggy's golden years (IMO) spanned from about 86 - 97, aged 29-40.

Give the lad a chance.

Then we should give him a 15 year contract and have a clause that he is always in the first team.

Samo

We're not all in the business of tickling TM's balls, I like him but he isn't perfect.

Are you telling me there is not a better keeper available in the loan market or on a free? I'll trust him as far as he thinks he is the best available at the club but I'm not having there is not a better alternative out there that we could get.

Quite possibly. But if TM believes in the lad and thinks he can improve then hand me the feather and I'll start tickling.

rupert_bear

Why does questioning his ability equate to slagging him off? Are we no longer allowed to question any players ability again now?
You are correct but who should be accountable for Burges continued inclusion in the first team has to be the manager so who do you blame

magic82ball

Quite possibly. But if TM believes in the lad and thinks he can improve then hand me the feather and I'll start tickling.
It's a game of opinions and I respect yours, I just feel he is a liability and will cost us many times this season if early season form is anything to go by.

magic82ball

You are correct but who should be accountable for Burges continued inclusion in the first team has to be the manager so who do you blame
I blame the fucking manager and will continue to blame him when he costs us games if he doesn't address this situation.

rupert_bear

I blame the fucking manager and will continue to blame him when he costs us games if he doesn't address this situation.

So can I assume you are waiting almost with baited breath for Burge to drop a bollock which he is bound to do one day to substantiate your view perhaps even hoping we lose

Nick

Administrator
So can I assume you are waiting almost with baited breath for Burge to drop a bollock which he is bound to do one day to substantiate your view perhaps even hoping we lose

I think most would prefer him to have world class performances every game and save every penalty throughout the season! I know I would.

magic82ball

I will be supporting him fully unconditional of his lack of ability. He's a city player and I would never hope we lose or he fucks up just to prove a point. Besides, regardless of your blind faith or my perceived wish for him to "drop a bollock" he will prove his quality or lack of over the course of a season.

Fergusons_Beard

It's a game of opinions and I respect yours, I just feel he is a liability and will cost us many times this season if early season form is anything to go by.

There hasn't been a game yet this season where Burge has cost us points.

Just have to look at De Gea-started his career at Utd making all sorts of mistakes. Most due to a lack of confidence and settling into British cultural ( including football). Common consensus is that for last 2 years De Gea responsible for keeping Utd in the race when most of team not functioning.

Not saying Burge is on a par with DeGea -my point being every keeper needs to start somewhere-can't keep being a reserve keeper for a 'name' just to plicate fans.

I really do feel that Burge has ability to succeed and be a brilliant goalie for City. The experience of playing regularly for the first team will no doubt benefit our young keeper.

He also has Reece pushing hard -which again can only be a good thing.

Honestly in the future can see Burge being a keeper that we will compare to our great goalies of the past.

Users who are viewing this thread