Burnley Match Thread (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

Palmer can do anything he wants? Late England call up for the World Cup perhaps? You're actually quite entertaining.
Within reason, I reckon he could play top end of championship or bottom end of premiership if he grows in to his talent. Not sure beyond that at the moment. What I'm trying to say is certainly good enough for CCFC in the championship.

stupot07

It gets to the point where you just can't fix stupid and I have reached that point with you today. Palmer can be anything he wants he has the talent. So far he is showing a lot of good stuff. He needs to work on his fitness and keep his confidence up. If he does he will make you eat your words simple as.
He is good on the ball, but was terrible off it today. Its not just a fitness thing, he looked disinterested at time just walking back leaving Sheaf and Allen to deal with their entire midfield.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

skyblu3sk

He is good on the ball, but was terrible off it today. Its not just a fitness thing, he looked disinterested at time just walking back leaving Sheaf and Allen to deal with their entire midfield.

I'd love to see some statistics to see who need glasses here. I saw him get back a fair bit and make some good tackles. Was also picked up in commentary.

Grendel

I'd love to see some statistics to see who need glasses here. I saw him get back a fair bit and make some good tackles. Was also picked up in commentary.

Were you at the game?

skyblu3sk

Pop Tavares on their while you're at it
To be fair Tav is an interesting one. He did make an impact when he came on but I think speed is the main asset in his game. When taking on players he looks like he's about to shit himself. Really hope that will go with time as he will get less chance to use pace in the championship as players will match his pace.

Greggs

To be fair Tav is an interesting one. He did make an impact when he came on but I think speed is the main asset in his game. When taking on players he looks like he's about to shit himself. Really hope that will go with time as he will get less chance to use pace in the championship as players will match his pace.
just needs to stop being so damn lazy

AOM

We gave them far too much respect especially given our likelihood to concede first. If I was Walker I'd submit a transfer request tomorrow, treated like a c**t

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm hoping today wasn't Walker's "chance" and he's now sat out for another extended period of time.
Was never going to get much fed to him against Burnley, same with Norwich away.
Thought he held the ball up well and won quite a few knock ons for Gyokeres

AOM

Dabo motm. That first 15 minutes after half time was so painful, but last 30 improved

skyblu3sk

I'm hoping today wasn't Walker's "chance" and he's now sat out for another extended period of time.
Was never going to get much fed to him against Burnley, same with Norwich away.
Thought he held the ball up well and won quite a few knock ons for Gyokeres
Did OK today, think a lot of people have written him off but he is an absolute confidence player that seems to need a run in the team. I'm not sure he will be given that chance when Godden can pop them in on a fairly regular basis.

Reactions: AOM

Speedie's Head

I'd say both dabo and him are our most harshly judged players in the squad at the moment. I though both had very good games today.

I'd agree with that but Dabs just isn't enough of a threat going forward just now. He had a good game today but we need more from him

Greggs

Did OK today, think a lot of people have written him off but he is an absolute confidence player that seems to need a run in the team. I'm not sure he will be given that chance when Godden can pop them in on a fairly regular basis.
he needs to put in more effort and not look so sleepy all the time

Grendel

he needs to put in more effort and not look so sleepy all the time

giphy.gif

skyblu3sk

I'd agree with that but Dabs just isn't enough of a threat going forward. He had a good game today but we need more from him
Dabo does show a lot of promise and he can run at players which is completely different to Bidwell. He needs to work on his final ball higher up the pitch. I'd say rarely makes a misplaced pass though. Just not many brilliant crosses. Be interesting to see if Kane brings it in to the side as his crossing beyond a few games was questionable too.

long way home

For 65 mins was a real tough watch, we were outplayed by a good side who had us chasing shadows for long periods. We tried to stick in but are a not a deep enough squad to do this against top teams. Some positive's for me Dabo looks fitter and more focused, Bidwell is a unit can play at this level with this eyes closed, solid player. Palmer is a player just needs minutes in his legs and time he will do well for the club.

Kane done well will need him with the amount of games coming up. Tavares is raw but his pace will create problems he needs a run in the side in my opinion. Back 3 are solid enough and will find it easier with COH, Kelly and Hamer back in the squad. The players need to keep going and not get frustrated, the ball is not bouncing our way and refs dont seem to be helping us at the minute. Things will change, players need to believe they are better than the current league position.

Greggs

For 65 mins was a real tough watch, we were outplayed by a good side who had us chasing shadows for long periods. We tried to stick in but are a not a deep enough squad to do this against top teams. Some positive's for me Dabo looks fitter and more focused, Bidwell is a unit can play at this level with this eyes closed, solid player. Palmer is a player just needs minutes in his legs and time he will do well for the club.

Kane done well will need him with the amount of games coming up. Tavares is raw but his pace will create problems he needs a run in the side in my opinion. Back 3 are solid enough and wie will find it easier with COH, Kelly and Hamer back in the squad. Vot to keep going and not get frustrated, a few games be all is not bouncing our way and refs dont seem to be helping us at the minute. Things will change, players need to believe they are better than the position.
Tavares needs a run in a league 2 side, not a championship side fighting relegation.

stupot07

He made 2 tackles according to the stats. But being in the stadium watching wave after wave of Burnley attacks in the first half, Palmer was often stood near the half way line with Gyokeres and Walker. Stats won't pick that up, but it was one of thr main reasons Burnley always had an extra option to pass to in midfield and kept the ball so easily especially in the first half.

skyblu3sk

He made 2 tackles according to the stats. But being in the stadium watching wave after wave of Burnley attacks in the first half, Palmer was often stood near the half way line with Gyokeres and Walker. Stats won't pick that up, but it was one of thr main reasons Burnley always had an extra option to pass to in midfield and kept the ball so easily especially in the first half.

It does also depend on the game he's been asked to play and what part of the pitch etc tactically of course. He has decent pace so I wonder if we were looking to exploit that. I don't imagine Robins will put up with it if that wasn't what he'd asked him to do. I could have also sworn he was in our half a lot.

Greggs

It does also depend on the game he's been asked to play and what part of the pitch etc tactically of course. He has decent pace so I wonder if we were looking to exploit that. I don't imagine Robins will put up with it if that wasn't what he'd asked him to do. I could have also sworn he was in our half a lot.
Shipley is a better player than Palmer.

Greggs

Fucking hell you are either trying to get a reaction or are less talented at judging talent than I thought. 🤣🤣 Shipley was incredibly limited at this level and it showed in his play. He became scared to have to ball and take it on. Good player at some levels but was never going to go higher with the talent in his locker.
more career goals and assists than Palmer, won more trophies too, make a graph from that you dafty.

Users who are viewing this thread