Match Thread Burton Albion vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Nov (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Nick, Kelly is fit enough...he's on the bench. Ogogo is atrociously off the level required.
Chaplin is making runs through and caught offside but he's not getting the knock on from JCH.
We are too reliant on Thomas who fades and Jones and Sterling would make all the difference coming forward down the channels.

Jones played 90 minutes in the week and didn't make any different in the channel against a League 2 struggler.

Chaplin doesn't make runs, he wants to play as a target man far too much rather than play on the last defender's shoulder.

Kelly isn't fit enough yet.

Brighton Sky Blue

No time for pointing this out, we don't like reasonableness on here after a defeat!

Yes keep your head in the sand and pretend it's all gravy. Having expectations isn't unreasonable particularly in very winnable fixtures. It would've just taken some ambition today.

Sky Blue Harry H

It's the 3rd defeat in a row.

Walsall I'll give you, but players not playing today were to blame for some of their goals. Checkatrade - only two players starting from today? Doesn't really count for me.

Nick

Administrator
Walsall I'll give you, but players not playing today were to blame for some of their goals. Checkatrade - only two players starting from today? Doesn't really count for me.

Doesn't matter who he played, it's the third defeat in a row.

Shouldn't have rested so many players and played so negatively against Cheltenham.

pusbccfc

Approaching £1m he spent on Bakayoko, Chaplin and Hiwula.

It's too much to spend on disappointing players.

Nick

Administrator
Two who gives a shit games and one away to a team that just got relegated after promoted. No need to go mental. Poor performances happen. Away losses happen.

All competitive games. Can't just write them off as who cares though?

It's the 3rd loss in a row. We should be wanting to win every game we play.

We are going to end up struggling to score again if we keep playing such negative football.

Johhny Blue

9th
3 winnable games coming up. A good time top play Peterborough I think. They have won only 4 of their last 10, a good run under normal circumstances but not up to their early performance. Then fleetwood and Walsall, both winnable IMO.
I stand corrected. I didn't realize we snuck past Accrington.

Grendel

Well that was poor. We never raised our game and got considerably worse when Doyle went off. Bakayoko and Ogogo are really not anywhere near this team. Jones must start next game, his quality is missed. he is not going to effect games in the last 15 minutes. Disappointing. Kelly should have come on and Chaplin should have stayed on. Really not sure what MR's was thinking with those sub decisions. But an opportunity lost on a day others have had indifferent results around us.

Jones is miles off starting games.

Burton have better players and a better squad. It’s hardly a shock defeat.

Grendel

Nick, Kelly is fit enough...he's on the bench. Ogogo is atrociously off the level required.
Chaplin is making runs through and caught offside but he's not getting the knock on from JCH.
We are too reliant on Thomas who fades and Jones and Sterling would make all the difference coming forward down the channels.

I’m not sure if your wummimg or you really have no idea about football

Brighton Sky Blue

All competitive games. Can't just write them off as who cares though?

It's the 3rd loss in a row. We should be wanting to win every game we play.

We are going to end up struggling to score again if we keep playing such negative football.

Careful you'll be labelled a pessimist

ccfcway

Before the season started I would have said burton away would be our toughest game of the season.

pusbccfc

Robins was the same last season. Too negative.

He let the players go or it towards the end and look what happened. We ran riot.

Even in the past 2 months with some decent form he's been negative. The games we won towards the end we should have won comfortably.

higgs

We will have him here for the season he's playing games here lampard is happy and the player is happy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Warwickhunt

As I said on my previous post! WTF does MR say to the team at half time because it’s been the same all bloody season. I bet most opposition managers say to their players Robins will not change his tactics so go out and press them back into their own half. Robins never does anything about changing the formation in the second half which would throw the opposition into disarray let alone putting subs on within 10 minutes of the second half starting. He never gives the opposition manager difficult decisions to make at all

DannyThomas_1981

Problems seem to be at the back. Too many gifted goals. Never been that keen on Burge, although he has improved he doesn't dominate and give confidence to the guys in front.

Absolute rubbish. Burge is a highly decent keeper and we are lucky to have him. Did you watch today's game or any other games this season or even games at the end of last season?

Gazolba

Does anyone still think Chaplin will get 20 goals this season?
You're only as strong as your weakest link.
And we have too many weak links.

matesx

Does anyone still think Chaplin will get 20 goals this season?
You're only as strong as your weakest link.
And we have too many weak links.
I cant think of anyone on here who predicted 20 goals from Chaplin.

Users who are viewing this thread