Butch Wilkins (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Lovely guy. Sad news. Fingers are crossed for him.

SkyBlueSoul

Even as someone who’s “only” 26 I know how well respected Ray is in the game. My thoughts are with him and his family and I wish him all the best, I hope he pulls through this.

Sky_Blue_Daz

That’s a Shame, he always seemed like a nice guy

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
So sad to hear of this

Met him with my lad at a football show at the NEC. Whilst other stars brushed some of the kids away he had time for everyone (he was working at the show) My lad was made up when he tried to get his autograph and Ray chatted away with him and despite on his way to one of the arenas invited my son to walk along with him and chat .............. ignored me lol but hey, ...... years on and Ray is still remembered fondly in our house

A top man, RIP Butch. My sympathy to his family

tisza

RIP Butch.
Met him more than a few times over a long period of years and was consistently a genuinely nice guy.

olderskyblue

He was a fantastic player. RIP

rondog1973

R.I.P, also liked to hear him on the radio. He was great on Football Italia back in the day (along with James Richardson who is easily the best British football journalist).

Wilkins scored that superb goal for United v Brighton in the 83 cup final.
Used to love the dry comedy of his co-commentary with Peter Brackley on Football Italia.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Really sad news.

I saw him play lots of times and loved listening to him.He spoke so well and always with respect.

Whilst at Asia cup in Melbourne in 2015 Jordan manager looked just like him. "Could it be him I thought?". At half time he was quite near to me and yes it was him, even took a photo.

Ray is a massive loss to football.

BackRoomRummermill

A proper bloke I don’t know what else to say except some of today’s promadonas could learn a lot from him and how normal and decent a bloke can be We have lost a true gem . The whole football community lost another great.

RIP

vow

A real top football man, true gentleman. RIP.

rondog1973

As a player I always remember a Cov v QPR game early in the 1992-3 season. A home win and we go top of the league, however, Rangers win comfortably with Butch, despite in the twilight of his career, Running the show from start to finish.

clint van damme

Shame, no age as they say.
Came across like a decent fella and that seems to be the case going by some of the posts in this thread, RIP Ray.

CJ_covblaze

Top bloke. Knew his stuff and wasn’t afraid to put people in their place.

eastwoodsdustman

As a player I always remember a Cov v QPR game early in the 1992-3 season. A home win and we go top of the league, however, Rangers win comfortably with Butch, despite in the twilight of his career, Running the show from start to finish.

I was talking about this game to my missus yesterday. He was a top quality midfielder.

Users who are viewing this thread