Butts park arena? (1 Viewer)

Moff

I really don't know why but I get the impression Nick, Dave, Torch, et al are happy to stay where
we are (not Ricoh) in a shit league, getting shit crowds with shit owners ,and not aspiring to
anything.
If this move goes ahead I can see us playing at BPA with a couple of temporary stands for years
to come while we listen to empty promises about what there going to build.
And the court cases rumble on and on and on.

So what's the alternative? Stay at the Ricoh in a shit league, getting shit crowds, with shit owners, not aspiring to anything, and the court cases rumble on and on. Oh and not forgetting being at wasps whim, as we make 15% of the F & B's.

Staying at the Ricoh doesn't make us suddenly a better team, if so we would have already been promoted. The issue is the owners not the ground, and neither you nor I have any ideas on how we can change them.

dongonzalos

Don't know whether this has been covered or not, but is there a danger that we say to Wasps we categorically are not staying at the Ricoh and are going to the Butts, but then the Butts doesn't happen and we're kicked out of the Ricoh, leaving us groundless again?

I know that could happen if Wasps just kicked us out anyway, but I am talking in terms of our burning bridges in telling them we are definitely not staying.

You mean like we did with the Ricoh before ( we were lucky we got back on that one)
Or
Like it seems we may have done with the academy
The boy who cried Wolf doesn't seem to be an as well known story as I thought!!!!

Moff

Don't know whether this has been covered or not, but is there a danger that we say to Wasps we categorically are not staying at the Ricoh and are going to the Butts, but then the Butts doesn't happen and we're kicked out of the Ricoh, leaving us groundless again?

I know that could happen if Wasps just kicked us out anyway, but I am talking in terms of our burning bridges in telling them we are definitely not staying.

Have we categorically told them we are leaving?

Otis

Have we categorically told them we are leaving?

No, that's why I said 'is there a danger that we say to Wasps that we are leaving.'

Talking future tense.

TM has said before that we weren't staying though, but that was some time ago.

Moff

No, that's why I said 'is there a danger that we say to Wasps that we are leaving.'

Talking future tense.

TM has said before that we weren't staying though, but that was some time ago.

The thing is Otis, as with all the protagonists in this saga, SISU, CCC, Higgs, Wasps (and even CRFC) we will never get a straight answer and it is all posturing at present.

Sadly its us the fans that suffer, as we don't know what will happen to our club, nor where it will go, whilst the suits of these organisations treat us with the contempt we certainly don't deserve.

skybluetony176

The thing is Otis, as with all the protagonists in this saga, SISU, CCC, Higgs, Wasps (and even CRFC) we will never get a straight answer and it is all posturing at present.

Sadly its us the fans that suffer, as we don't know what will happen to our club, nor where it will go, whilst the suits of these organisations treat us with the contempt we certainly don't deserve.

Something I think we can all agree on regardless of viewpoint.

Joy Division

Butts%2BPark%2BArena5.jpg

Butts%2BPark%2BArena1.jpg

torchomatic

Are those official pictures?

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Wouldn't mind something like that. You'd probably be better having Coventry than CCFC then it would fit both teams. Wouldn't be too bothered about dark blue / white seats to match the existing stand either.

fernandopartridge

This might be a bit pastiche but I'd like to design into the new ground the side stands to have that sort of continuous humped roof design as the Main Stand and Sky Blue Stand once had at HR (also seen at Maine Rd).

covcity4life

they need to make it like the juventus stadium.

get fans close and pack it out

but hopefully wasps will just give us a bigger piece of pie and we dont have to move

Kneeza

I think someone's forgetting that it would also be the rugby club's ground (and that the 'old' East Stand would be knocked down to make room for the new one. And that it would all be two-teir. And that the pitch would be lowered).
Nice try apart from that though! ;)

Captain Dart

A few years ago when SISU announced proposals for a new stadium they appointed a range of expert advisors. What was their advice and are any of them still engaged?

BUMP, any answers?

Covstu

We did get 20k+ at the Ricoh regularly, it was when the fans could blatantly see that SISU had no intentions of backing CCFC where it really matters..On the pitch, that attendances began to dwindle.
The only reason we got 20k+ was because it was a new shiny stadium, when that novelty wore off that dropped back. Similar to the Gillingham game where we sold out (well the area that they opened!) then that novelty wore off quickly and we were back to 15k the following game. Unfortunately our fan base is very fickle, some are staying away until SISU are gone which I can respect their views but we only have 10k fans who are staying by the team on a regular basis.

torchomatic

then that novelty wore off quickly and we were back to 15k the following game.

It was worse than that, the gate dropped 16K.

Sky Blue Kid

The only reason we got 20k+ was because it was a new shiny stadium, when that novelty wore off that dropped back. Similar to the Gillingham game where we sold out (well the area that they opened!) then that novelty wore off quickly and we were back to 15k the following game. Unfortunately our fan base is very fickle, some are staying away until SISU are gone which I can respect their views but we only have 10k fans who are staying by the team on a regular basis.
The "New shiny owners" should have done due dilligence and supported the team properly on the pitch and then the gates might just have stayed well over the 20k+ You know as well as do the rest of us that SISU were the ones responsible for the decline in gates.

The Reverend Skyblue

What are those ugly concrete side buildings to that stadium.
I agree though some stands with a steep slope so fans are right on top of the players would be fantastic, a lot of German stadia are like this which decreases the footprint of the stadium to reach a decent capacity.
I'm sure in England there is a maximum slope a stand can have.

Users who are viewing this thread