Butts Park ruled out (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I haven't yet responded to your post the other day but will do. But here, you imply there is equivilance between the two.

Our situation is like us losing 4-0 and some of our fans blinded by loyalty that they blame the ref or wrongly claim the oppo have cheated. The council and Wasps have bent over backwards to help us but some people are so blinded by entitlement that they swallow the Sisu/Les Reid bullshit about CCFC being the wronged party. We're as much the wronged party as Peter Sutcliffe.

Who has bent over backwards?

Weird really, some are that loyal they celebrate court cases.

ceetee

Nearly every action taken by SISU has been a misjudgement at best, generally wrong, and sometimes downwright malicious.

But that doesn't mean that CCC or Wasps are innocent.

The sale of ACL by CCC, although prompted by SISU actions, for which I have no sympathy, was spiteful.

Just because someone is less wrong doesn't mean that they are right.

dongonzalos

Not sure if that’s aimed at me or others.

If me, all I’m guilty of is wanting the best for CCFC...not ACL, not CCC, not Wasps, not SISU.

I obviously don’t want Cov taxpayers to get stung for any more cash, but out of the shower of shit above, CCFC are the only ones I care about.

If that makes me embarrassing, hands up...guilty as charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It won’t be aimed at you.
He finds it embarrassing if someone is frank and tells it as it is.
Anything other than every organisation be it a charity, a council or just any other business. If they don’t allow themselves to be shafted for the sake of CCFC.
If a Cov fan says yes that’s a bit shit for us but I can see where they are coming from and you don’t want to burn down the Council house.
Then you are an embarrassment.

dongonzalos

Nearly every action taken by SISU has been a misjudgement at best, generally wrong, and sometimes downwright malicious.

The sale of ACL by CCC, although prompted by SISU actions, for which I have no sympathy, was spiteful.

All of the above is very correct.

However on here if you dropped down from Mars knew nothing about the history and read this forum, you would assume that Wasps had shafted CCFC the most, followed the Council, followed by a charity and a Newspaper. Some of the previous people who ran the club. Then fans who don’t turn up and finally our current owners.

Last edited:

clint van damme

well put ceetee.

skybluetony176

I’m not sure what the comment regarding Swansea means as my point is the council backed the club in difficult times. How many tax payers are against it - hope that’s a different source to the one about wasps free tickets.

Forest support occurred in the early part of the century so once again why you are deflecting from the point and talking about 12 years later who knows?

Ipswich dispute as I say meant the club had to pay a whapping £115k a year while at the same time we were paying £1.5 million

Seems you care more for the council than ccfc

How big a share did Swansea council gift the football club of the stadium management company? Was it more or less than the 50% that CCC gifted CCFC? Just for the basis of factual balance it would be nice if you presented all the facts and not a few well chosen half facts.

Grendel

All of the abive is very correct.

However on here if you dropped down from Mars knew nothing about the history and read this forum, you would assume that Wasps had shafted CCFC the most, followed the Council, followed by a charity and a Newspaper. Some of the previous people who ran the club. Then fans who don’t turn up and finally our current owners.

Considering the organisation employed by the council actively encouraged sisu to bid for the football club because they wouldn’t want to purchase the share of stadium yes they very much shafted the club. A club already on the brink of bankruptcy

Wasps are the biggest threat to the football club - only a complete cretin wouldn’t think that.

Ashdown

could you point out who has said it's all the councils fault?
Do you think they haven't contributed at all to this mess?
The council were dreadfully culpable in my eyes of selling the Ricoh to Wasps and it was a shocking traitorous move.................all that said though, it only occurred after that prick Fisher said we were on our way and building our never never land stadium ! Real Culprits = 80% SISU, 20% others { Plus of course the mismanagement which messed us up back in the 90's }

skybluetony176

Considering the organisation employed by the council actively encouraged sisu to bid for the football club because they wouldn’t want to purchase the share of stadium.

Again with the BS. That isn’t even a half fact. It’s just plain wrong.

Promotion is priority for Coventry City, says Ray Ranson

The Ricoh

SISU plan to take up the Sky Blues' option to buy back half of the Ricoh Arena from the Alan Edward Higgs Charity.

But there are no plans at this stage to acquire the city council's half.

"We have a very good relationship with ACL," said chairman Ray Ranson.

"Daniel Gidney and John McGuigan have been very supportive and we thank them for that.

"There is an option to acquire a 50 per cent share holding by way of acquiring the football club and we fully intend to take up that option and move forward and develop the relationship.

"I don't know when that will happen but let's get the priorities sorted out, trying to get the team up the league and, dare I say it, promotion, and we will worry about that later.”

Last edited:

Grendel

His facts are always estimated mate, and some won't beleive written proof when "Quoted" either. ;)

Written proof? Of what?

Ken Taylor admitted sisu were the preferred bidder as the other bidder wanted to purchase shares from Higgs - Taylor said it was £2 million below what they put in - so I assume around £4 million.

Sisu didn’t - it was not a priority as they only wanted to be here for 5 years - why would they have been interested.

Gidney was a clown who actually thought the Ricoh was a gold mine and the last thing he wanted was the football club spoil his party. He was s mate of ranson and was key in getting them in as all they wanted to ever be was tenants.

Grendel

The Ricoh

SISU plan to take up the Sky Blues' option to buy back half of the Ricoh Arena from the Alan Edward Higgs Charity.

But there are no plans at this stage to acquire the city council's half.

"We have a very good relationship with ACL," said chairman Ray Ranson.

"Daniel Gidney and John McGuigan have been very supportive and we thank them for that.

"There is an option to acquire a 50 per cent share holding by way of acquiring the football club and we fully intend to take up that option and move forward and develop the relationship.

"I don't know when that will happen but let's get the priorities sorted out, trying to get the team up the league and, dare I say it, promotion, and we will worry about that later.”

Brilliant Tony you quote Ranson

What next.

“We are debt free”
“This club will be stronger when we leave”

I like this one

“Yes we sold Fox and Dann but have signed Richard Wood and Chris Hussey who are better”

Using a lying tosser like ranson as your evidence

Oh dear.

skybluetony176

Brilliant Tony you quote Ranson

What next.

“We are debt free”
“This club will be stronger when we leave”

I like this one

“Yes we sold Fox and Dann but have signed Richard Wood and Chris Hussey who are better”

Using a lying tosser like ranson as your evidence

Oh dear.

Again with the BS. Here’s what Ken Taylor actually said at the time

Directors to give verdict on takeover bids

Nothing like what you’re saying but then again no one is probably surprised by that.

I’m amazed you have the nerve to call anyone a lying tosser with all the spurious BS you talk.

Here’s another quote from Ken Taylor at the time from another article. Sorry, don’t seem to be able to do a link for some reason but you’ll find it on google without looking too hard and surprisingly he doesn’t seem as keen on SISU as you’re trying to make out.

“City council leader Ken Taylor revealed that two other "derisory" bids had been received from two other firms.

One, called Sisu, had offered #15million.

The other was from a firm called Shapiro, which offered #26million but wanted the club to pay off its debts and the city council to give it a longer lease on the Ricoh Arena and some spare land to the north of the site.

Mr McGuigan said that deal would have cost the council #4million of taxpayers' money and left the Alan Edward Higgs charity #2.5million out of pocket.

He added: "Even if the bank and Geoffrey [Robinson] accepted they were not going to get a penny back of all the debt [owed to them], and someone bought the club for #1, they'd still have to have lots of money to be able to turn the club around over the next two years."

Derisory? That means something different to preferred doesn’t it?

Last edited:

Grendel

Again with the BS. Here’s what Ken Taylor actually said at the time

Directors to give verdict on takeover bids

Nothing like what you’re saying but then again no one is probably surprised by that.

I’m amazed you have the nerve to call anyone a lying tosser with all the spurious BS you talk.

That’s interesting Tony. How much of any of that was achieved by the actual buyers. Also why in the prior post claim sisu were looking to buy yet would not have fulfilled the criteria?

Do you accept the other bid that was rejected was quoted as higher but derisory as the bid was going to mean Higgs selling their share - yes or no?

Do you accept sisu are here as Gidney wanted them as they fulfilled tenancy criteria abs he knew Ranson - yes or no?

skybluetony176

That’s interesting Tony. How much of any of that was achieved by the actual buyers. Also why in the prior post claim sisu were looking to buy yet would not have fulfilled the criteria?

Do you accept the other bid that was rejected was quoted as higher but derisory as the bid was going to mean Higgs selling their share - yes or no?

Do you accept sisu are here as Gidney wanted them as they fulfilled tenancy criteria abs he knew Ranson - yes or no?

I’m well aware that Ranson and Gidney knew each other and for a long time before either of them were involved with either ACL or SISU. But then again I never dismissed that when you brought it up did I? What I dismissed is your claim that SISU were preferred bidders because they didn’t want any form of ownership of ACL. That’s BS. You know it although you pretend not to and I know it and have called you out on it and provided evidence to prove it. You dismiss Ranson and you make up spurious claims of what Ken Taylor said which I’ve dismissed. If you truly believe he said what you’re saying he said prove it. I think we both know that you can’t but if you do I’ll happily admit that you’re right and apologise for doubting you. Now be a good little boy and run along to google. Try not to be too disappointed though when all you can find is quotes that dismiss what you claim was said. There’s enough of them.

AVWskyblue

I’m well aware that Ranson and Gidney knew each other and for a long time before either of them were involved with either ACL or SISU. But then again I never dismissed that when you brought it up did I? What I dismissed is your claim that SISU were preferred bidders because they didn’t want any form of ownership of ACL. That’s BS. You know it although you pretend not to and I know it and have called you out on it and provided evidence to prove it. You dismiss Ranson and you make up spurious claims of what Ken Taylor said which I’ve dismissed. If you truly believe he said what you’re saying he said prove it. I think we both know that you can’t but if you do I’ll happily admit that you’re right and apologise for doubting you. Now be a good little boy and run along to google. Try not to be too disappointed though when all you can find is quotes that dismiss what you claim was said. There’s enough of them.
Gordon Bennet Tony, our team had a fantastic away result today and all you can do is gripe over past history nobody can change SMH

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Grendel

Anyway I’ve broken my rule and let Tony out the box.

I observed his humiliation at the hands of Mr Trench on the Euro thread and the fact he was the only one who failed to comprehend his delusion.

He has produced two links that directly contradict each other. Rather than go through comment after comment with Tony doing his best Captain Mainwaring impression - I really can’t be bothered.

skybluetony176

Anyway I’ve broken my rule and let Tony out the box.

I observed his humiliation at the hands of Mr Trench on the Euro thread and the fact he was the only one who failed to comprehend his delusion.

He has produced two links that directly contradict each other. Rather than go through comment after comment with Tony doing his best Captain Mainwaring impression - I really can’t be bothered.

The only thing that the links contradict is you. Like I said, if you believe what you claim to be true go and find the links to prove it. Alternatively you can put me back on block and carry on peddling BS kidding yourself how we got here.

Oh dear SBT - you've let yourself be drawn in to an argument with a tosspot who is never wrong. When will you all realise that engaging with Grendull is a no hoper, he is never wrong!!! He is though - loads of times. That's it - signing off again for the next 6 months :eek:ldman:

AngryAnt

Personally I like;
""Hopefully this is the start of a new era," was his message to the City faithful ahead of the Southampton match"

It certainly was the start of a new era... Just not the era anyone was hoping for, but more one that will be looked back upon with sadness and maybe even a hint of disgust that we put up with it.

oucho

Who has bent over backwards?

Weird really, some are that loyal they celebrate court cases.

The Council and Wasps.

To be very clear, I have no loyalty to our owners and I specifically want to see them lose their legal challenges.. They have forefeited my loyalty through their unreasonable actions. The fact I'm a CCFC fan doesn't mean I want their disgraceful off-field actions to succeed, even if we as club benefit as a result. That's why I have been delighted at every court defeat and why I have my fingers crossed SISU lose in the court of appeal.

Earlier up this thread, Duffer seemed to imply that the identity of the villains depends on your point of view. Wrong. It's black and white - SISU are the bad guys and they've screwed over everyone else. Nobody else in the saga has put a foot wrong. I can understand fans being so blinded by loyalty to CCFC that they can't see this, but I happen to be able to view it impartially (nor have I got any connection to the city of Coventry, its council, the Higgs, Cov Rugby, Wasps etc). Remove the loyalty to CCFC and you'll see what has really gone on.

Nick

Administrator
The Council and Wasps.

To be very clear, I have no loyalty to our owners and I specifically want to see them lose their legal challenges.. They have forefeited my loyalty through their unreasonable actions. The fact I'm a CCFC fan doesn't mean I want their disgraceful off-field actions to succeed, even if we as club benefit as a result. That's why I have been delighted at every court defeat and why I have my fingers crossed SISU lose in the court of appeal.

Earlier up this thread, Duffer seemed to imply that the identity of the villains depends on your point of view. Wrong. It's black and white - SISU are the bad guys and they've screwed over everyone else. Nobody else in the saga has put a foot wrong. I can understand fans being so blinded by loyalty to CCFC that they can't see this, but I happen to be able to view it impartially (nor have I got any connection to the city of Coventry, its council, the Higgs, Cov Rugby, Wasps etc). Remove the loyalty to CCFC and you'll see what has really gone on.

How have they bent over backwards for CCFC? No foot wrong at all?

Again, hardly impartial when you are celebrating court cases.

Sick Boy

The Council and Wasps.

Why was the football club not offered a similar deal to a club from London? If it had been a football team moving into the city would you feel the same way?

Grendel

The Council and Wasps.

Sisu were always going to be loooking for a fast buck and to leave

I’ll say it again - the ONLY reason sisu are here is twofold;

One the club was bankrupted by the unworkable arrangement it had

Two the council WANTED them here - Gidney introduced Ranson as the preferred bidder (remember this guy thought F and B alone was worth £24 milliion) as and his merry chums knew they were the only ones who would happily pay as tenants in the short term.

He and acl were only ever interested in the club funding his project in the short term as in the long term he thought he’d have a business rival to the NEC and the club then would be surplus to requirements.

None of that is ccfc bias - it’s just fact.

oucho

How have they bent over backwards for CCFC? No foot wrong at all?

Again, hardly impartial when you are celebrating court cases.

I celebrated because right won out over wrong. The best analogy i can come up with, is you can be a fan of Jeffrey Archer's novels but also want to see justice done by him being convicted if perjury. Being a CCFC fan doesn't blind me to right and wrong.

oucho

Sisu were always going to be loooking for a fast buck and to leave

I’ll say it again - the ONLY reason sisu are here is twofold;

One the club was bankrupted by the unworkable arrangement it had

Two the council WANTED them here - Gidney introduced Ranson as the preferred bidder (remember this guy thought F and B alone was worth £24 milliion) as and his merry chums knew they were the only ones who would happily pay as tenants in the short term.

He and acl were only ever interested in the club funding his project in the short term as in the long term he thought he’d have a business rival to the NEC and the club then would be surplus to requirements.

None of that is ccfc bias - it’s just fact.
The club wasn't bankrupted by the Ricoh deal. With a rent if just over £1m a year, club was making losses of over £6m a year. The rent deal was fair and reasonable. Sisu tore up a valid lease and the deserve all the consequences they get for that unforgivable act.

Grendel

I celebrated because right won out over wrong. The best analogy i can come up with, is you can be a fan of Jeffrey Archer's novels but also want to see justice done by him being convicted if perjury. Being a CCFC fan doesn't blind me to right and wrong.

So if say Belfast invited to sisu to move there and the FL sanctioned it and they start getting crowds of 20,000 plus you’d be getting the champagne out again.

After all there is clearly in your eyes nothing morally wrong with that.

Users who are viewing this thread