Buy the club (1 Viewer)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

If I was an investor and read this forum i'd steer well clear. If a set of fans can embrace a franchise rugby club moving into their stadium, what does it say about their passion for the club?

What it shows is that we would embrace a new investor should they INVEST. Oh and who are you to question anybody about their passion for the club Mr Faceless.

olderskyblue

I think the best we can hope for now is 50 / 50 ownership with Wasps keeping all income from rugby and us keeping all income from football.

Anything less than receiving the money we generate puts us behind every other club. Even if we receive that we are still somewhat behind as other clubs receive non-matchday income but the impact wouldn't be so severe if we were getting all the money the football club generated.

Now that I agree with, if what's in bold happened.

Astute

Could the bonds be sold on later on to another party?

They normally can be. The value can go up or down. If it looks a safe investment the price can go up. If it looks dodgy the price can fall.

Ian1779

They normally can be. The value can go up or down. If it looks a safe investment the price can go up. If it looks dodgy the price can fall.

So.. hypothetically, say 2/3 years in if the return on them looks dodgy, another party could come along and buy them off bond holders at a negotiated price in which would give them at least something back on them.

After all the ability to deliver on the deal will ultimately come down to success on the pitch.

Astute

So.. hypothetically, say 2/3 years in if the return on them looks dodgy, another party could come along and buy them off bond holders at a negotiated price in which would give them at least something back on them.

After all the ability to deliver on the deal will ultimately come down to success on the pitch.

Without reading the prospectus I would say yes. Not a gamble I would like to take, although I did consider it as it gave a good return but if it fails we would have a decent chance of getting the arena. It looks like the bonds are secured on the lease. So the bonds will always have a value as long as someone wants the lease.

singers_pore

Yes, but the lease was valued at 48.5m which is pure fantasy. Personally I wouldn't touch those bonds with a barge pole.

letsallsingtogether

Now they can pay CCC the 14m plus and give Richardson his 10m plus back. So this leaves about 10m. Richardson said they were taking a bit extra so they had the first few interest payments already. But they are paying interest on this :thinking about: So does this mean that about another 4m is spoken for?

So they now have to pay over 2m a year in interest and then find 35m in 7 years. So in the next 7 years they have to pay back over 50m :eek: They have been giving away lots of tickets in the hope of getting people hooked. But giving away tickets doesn't mean getting new supporters. If they did we would give away 10k a week.

If being in debt makes you rich I will cheer the wife up. She wants a big seafront house around the corner from us that has just come up for sale. We have no debt at all other than a credit card I pay off each month. So we are poor. But if we buy the house she wants we will need a mortgage of about 100k. By the sound of it that will make us rich :D

Not bad really Sisu say they have spent that in their time here and what do we have to show for it?

A training ground half a squad and a demise in the supporter base.

So have the wasps just spent more wisely?
They now own their own ground are after a world class player or two and have more then doubled their fan base all in one season.

Last edited:

oldfiver

Astute

Grendel

How could that happen? The CCC share is paid for. The Higgs share is paid for. The outstanding loan will be paid for.

That's the terms that were agreed at the time of purchase.

Grendel

Now they can pay CCC the 14m plus and give Richardson his 10m plus back. So this leaves about 10m. Richardson said they were taking a bit extra so they had the first few interest payments already. But they are paying interest on this :thinking about: So does this mean that about another 4m is spoken for?

So they now have to pay over 2m a year in interest and then find 35m in 7 years. So in the next 7 years they have to pay back over 50m :eek: They have been giving away lots of tickets in the hope of getting people hooked. But giving away tickets doesn't mean getting new supporters. If they did we would give away 10k a week.

If being in debt makes you rich I will cheer the wife up. She wants a big seafront house around the corner from us that has just come up for sale. We have no debt at all other than a credit card I pay off each month. So we are poor. But if we buy the house she wants we will need a mortgage of about 100k. By the sound of it that will make us rich :D

They are also paying back the £4 million owed to the other creditor.

The rest will support cash flow.

Grendel

The terms of what purchase?

The purchase by wasps. If the company becomes liquidated the original lease is re-in acted. It's s bizarre arrangement really.

Astute

The purchase by wasps. If the company becomes liquidated the original lease is re-in acted. It's s bizarre arrangement really.

That is a strange one.

If legally binding they will either make sure they don't get liquidated or would sell the lease if in trouble.

egastap

Yes you are right. But not because of our negativity, because the council sold our future to a London rugby club.

But wasn't that because the Football Club said REPEATEDLY they didn't want it? I don't know which party is in power over there, but I believe it was unanimous across the spectrum that the only suitor in town was the new Coventry Wasps. Pretty easy decision in my book. Can't understand why you can't seem to grasp that!

Nick

Administrator
But wasn't that because the Football Club said REPEATEDLY they didn't want it? I don't know which party is in power over there, but I believe it was unanimous across the spectrum that the only suitor in town was the new Coventry Wasps. Pretty easy decision in my book. Can't understand why you can't seem to grasp that!

What about all of the statements the council were making about it being wrong to move teams and how teams belong in their home cities etc about a month before it came out it had been sold?

chiefdave

It was the owners saying that. Pretty much no one believed them of course. And while we were constantly being told by CCC and Higgs that ACL was doing perfectly well without the club the expectation was it would remain owned by CCC and Higgs until the club had new owners.

As for Wasps being the only suitor that's impossible to know thanks to the way the deal was done in secret. I've said many times if ACL needed to be sold it should have been an open processes with all interested parties bidding based on the same terms of purchase. Maybe if they'd done that the amount they received would have been nearer the £45m Wasps now claim it is worth as opposed to the £6m they actually recieved.

egastap

What about all of the statements the council were making about it being wrong to move teams and how teams belong in their home cities etc about a month before it came out it had been sold?

That's why they'll be known as the COVENTRY WASPS soon enough. Coventry the only City with 3 professional Rugby teams......soon, right? (For those who don't get the 60's style sarcasm.....that's 2 Rugger teams and 1 in Rugby).

Nick

Administrator
That's why they'll be known as the COVENTRY WASPS soon enough. Coventry the only City with 3 professional Rugby teams......soon, right? (For those who don't get the 60's style sarcasm.....that's 2 Rugger teams and 1 in Rugby).

So people won't mind if CCFC just changes it's name then. Panic over!

egastap

So people won't mind if CCFC just changes it's name then. Panic over!

Not so great a deal for me, as I have lived with franchising for 34 years. I can see how that might be an issue for some of you over there though.

letsallsingtogether

Funny how posters are still moaning about the council yet they are voted back in to power so most residents must be happy with them.

egastap

It was the owners saying that. Pretty much no one believed them of course. And while we were constantly being told by CCC and Higgs that ACL was doing perfectly well without the club the expectation was it would remain owned by CCC and Higgs until the club had new owners.

As for Wasps being the only suitor that's impossible to know thanks to the way the deal was done in secret. I've said many times if ACL needed to be sold it should have been an open processes with all interested parties bidding based on the same terms of purchase. Maybe if they'd done that the amount they received would have been nearer the £45m Wasps now claim it is worth as opposed to the £6m they actually recieved.

"as opposed to the £6m they actually received" .....£6 mill + £14 mill mortgage = £ 20 mill in my math Dave.

Grendel

Eh? I've not been following, but surely if you take £14m worth of debt off someone you've paid £14m. What am I missing?

The valuation of the business for sharehder value would be the price at purchase.

Astute

Eh? I've not been following, but surely if you take £14m worth of debt off someone you've paid £14m. What am I missing?

They paid the 6m approx to take on 13.4m debt. So yes the long term cost was 20m but they paid the 6m.

Or would you like to say that it was even more as the bond issue has a high interest rate payable considering the rate of inflation so the 13.4m plus 6m...which has been financed on the bond issue....is all interest payable? 20m a [email protected]% is 1.3m off the top of my head.

Godiva

How much did CCC pay Yorkshire Bank for the mortgage?

Users who are viewing this thread